[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Future Music Scenes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: punk.jpg (51 KB, 500x325) Image search: [Google]
punk.jpg
51 KB, 500x325
whats next? whats the next grunge/punk scene that will barely leak to the mainstream, but stay relatively underground and fucking awesome?
>>
I would love to hear a 90s screamo revival, but on a bit larger scale
>>
>>64530029
whatever death grips is is the closest we have to that
>>
the one that a place like 4chan will have no idea about
>>
But honestly, currently this kind of scene is drum and bass. Most respected artists in the genre are mostly unknown outside the enthusiast crowd. There are few names kinda leaking to the mainstream (Sigma, Rudimental, Netsky), but most of them are looked down upon in the community.
>>
acoustic driven noise folk
>>
>>64530196
here's the thing, there's gonna be a style that people are gonna label as "_____". similar to 90's "grunge" and 00's "indie", theres gonna be a style that's gonna have some cool shit. P4k may have something to do with what gets attention, but there will be another genre thats gonna get bandwagoned by press and produce a band thats just gonna pop. they will be admired by the mainstream, while everyone else knows theres better in the scene.

its fun to talk about, but impossible to tell whats gonna happen
>>
>>64530381
I want this so bad

>at house party
>3 guys have acoustic guitars not even playing real chords
>singer screaming and jumping around like a lunatic

any recommendations?
>>
Jihadist Punk.
>>
there already is a huge DIY punk scene in the northeast. christ this board is out of touch.

>>64530163
no.
>>
>>64530460

https://youtu.be/yqQ7tU26Q6E
>>
>>64530029
is pc music still going on? also rock music id dead in the water theres nothing new coming from those guys
>>
>>64530460
I remember a thread a while back
where you'd post a fake genre
and someone will post the closest thing they can recommend to said genre
apparently their is an anco song that attempts something similar
but I remember listening to it and not agreeing at all
it's be amazing
harsh acoustic noise brought to you by the generation raised on hanatarash, anti folk, and vodka
>>
>>64530478

Yea and none of the music is interesting and every band is a derivative of a derivative of a derivative.

It's just a bunch of snowflakes that want to have chadbro keggers but still want to feel superior.
>>
>>64530508
>nothing new in rock

thats almost as bad as saying you were born in the wrong generation
>>
Really well thought out Pop music from lesser mainstream artists.
>>
File: Animal_collective_merriweather.jpg (123 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
Animal_collective_merriweather.jpg
123 KB, 450x450
>>64530556
>>
bedroom glam

coming in 2020
>>
>>64530575
This whole early century.

It's been pretty great.
>>
>>64530446
Yep. Therefore I'm not trying to predict what is going to happen. I just pointed a scene that currently looks similar to what OP mentioned.
>>
>>64530525
mmmm, yeah, nope

https://guerillatoss.bandcamp.com/music
https://chemiplastica.bandcamp.com/releases
https://m.soundcloud.com/fool-diddly/ribbit-ribbit
>>
>>64530108
i want a sasscore/electronic emoviolence scene
>>
>>64530508
pc music is dead nobody liked them at coachella. everybody complained it was just kinda useless not good pop music and not really danceable
last hope is for charli's next album to carry them
>>
>>64530666
>sasscore
When is this coming back?
>>
>>64530525
oh also calling something "derivative" is an empty non-criticism. everything in underground music is highly derivative of sonething else, innovation does not come in big steps and only a clueless dumbass would think it does.
>>
>>64530691
tomorrow :^)
>>
>>64530753
Got my white belts and skinny jeans ready :^)
>>
>>64530766
i already got a chelsea haircut, we need to make it happen
>>
>>64530460
Foot Village?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvy0Ly7wPS8
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.png (219 KB, 452x311) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.png
219 KB, 452x311
>>64530029
literally garbage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pkWqPNQxXk
>>
>>64530672
meh doesnt pc music come from britain, lots of things fail at first overseas then become more popular over time
>>
>>64530547
its kinda true tho, playin guitar aint cool no more
>>
nobody on /mu/ knows anything about underground music
>>
>>64530828
Thanks m8
>>
>>64530611
Soooo ariel pink?
>>
Folk punk seems to get pretty high quality yet never reaches the mainstream. Pretty enjoyable music regardless of the scene.
>>
>>64533501

Folk Punk got old 2 years ago dude
>>
>>64533501
>>64533617
it's been dead for nearly a decade kiddos
>>
>>64530029
I really think that the musical sound of the 70's has made a silent return. A lot of emphasis is being put on production now IMO and I think you are going to start seeing some interesting music.
>>
>>64530869
PC music is a very Shoreditch-Dalston kind of deal and it's already fading
>>
>>64530476
Yes. This is the only thing that redeem the Middle East.
>>
>>64530523
>harsh acoustic noise brought to you by the generation raised on hanatarash, anti folk, and vodka

yes please
>>
>>64533954
>tfw a a part of that generation
>can play guitar
>not that I'd need to know how
layering guitars is neccesarry right?
>>
NSBM from the great plains.
>>
>trump gets elected
>Hispanic punk scene develops
>ushers in a new age of punk and hardcore on part with LA and DC in the 80s
>>
>>64533895
yeah I noticed my faggot music university lectures have stopped wanking over sophie so much recently
>>
>>64534418
this would be sick
>>
an older style of punk's fully made a comeback, mostly under the guise of power pop, which is cool and all, but I'd really like to see a lot more emphasis on the actual songs and arrangement. As it stands now, punk is just an arms race for who can be the most wild. You can only take that so far, it's a sonic dead end and the indie (rock) scene has already gotten pretty stagnant. I'm not the biggest hip hop fan, but I think there's a lot of cool stuff going on in underground hip hop right now and I wish other areas of music were as exploratory
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.