[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did these Swedes write these lyrics if they can't e
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: opeth.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
opeth.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
How did these Swedes write these lyrics if they can't even speak proper english in public

http://www.metrolyrics.com/black-rose-immortal-lyrics-opeth.html

Call them corny or cheesy, I'm not saying they are good but I honestly don't believe they wrote any of their lyrics.
>>
>if they can't even speak proper english in public

But they can?
>>
Amerilard spotted.
All Swedes speak fluent English.
>>
speaking and writing don't require the same kind of skill in a language though. you don't know how many hours went into writing lyrics, while sentences have to be constructed on the spot.

also mikael's english is just fine, I've seen him live twice he tells plenty of stories
>>
>>64530104
Yeah, I've seen him tell jokes and shit but you can really tell he struggles when speaking, he stops after every few words and takes his time to find the correct terms for what he is trying to talk about.
>>
>>64530150
I attributed part of that to the fact he's also recovering from doing harsh vox, but yeah. it's hard to speak any language with the fluency of a native if you learn it after 12 years old, really
>>
>>64530211
I guess, but I still find hard to believe he wrote any of that, it is very decently written and uses unusual words for an amateur english speaker.
>>
>>64530332
a lot of those words are common in fantasy novels though, and we know metal folks love those
>>
this thread is bizarre. mikael always seems articulate in interviews and often cracks jokes and shit live. there could be literally any number of reasons he speaks slowly, hell I speak like that and english is my first language. that doesn't mean I can't write.
>>
>>64530150
Yes, you fuckhead, but consider that writing and speaking are vastly different things altogether and you might begin to grasp how Mikael might manage to write the lyrics he does (time, prolonged consideration, dictionaries etc.)
>>
>>64530332
How many times have you actually heard Mikael speak? More to the point, how many other European Metal bands have you listened to? Because there's a lot of them, and a lot of them are just as adept at nailing verbosity and flowery language just as well as English speaking nations.
>>
>amerifats having the gall to question the literary abilities of other countries

multilple keks
>>
>>64530408
I meant he didn't write them without using any aid, of course he used a fucking dictionary
>>64530448
I've heard him plenty of times since I used to be an Opeth fan (I still like them, but don't listen to them as much)
>>
Swedes are good at English.
>>
>>64530579
this
>>
>>64530591
>I meant he didn't write them without using any aid, of course he used a fucking dictionary
Okay, but he's still writing them himself if they're his own words, isn't he? What's your point?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.