[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I rarely see these boys talked about here. Every song they put
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: UP.jpg (444 KB, 1203x1200) Image search: [Google]
UP.jpg
444 KB, 1203x1200
I rarely see these boys talked about here.

Every song they put out is a masterpiece. They were cut off before they could be watered down. The remaining members went on to be the most influential synth pop/new wave band of all time.

Lets talk about JOY DIVISION
>>
I have that shirt
>>
>>64530000
quads confirm
>>
why did they enlarge the artwork on later versions?
>>
>>64530000

Sick, but you aren't a true fan unless you have the dress, skirt, sweater, skateboard, coaster, tea towel, and a tattoo on your forearm.
>>
>>64530070

Couldn't tell you. Maybe because when tapes/CD's were the common format it would've been to small at the same scale? That's the only reason i can think of.
>>
>>64530070
i always thought that the enlarged ones are cds

>>64529981
a third album should have been made tho, their output in 80 is just amazing
>>
>>64530151

well...substance could be considered the third album. A lot of those songs were only released on singles if at all.

I think it was also very tactful of them to avoid doing anything else after Ian's death. It was the right call.
>>
>>64530237
>I think it was also very tactful of them to avoid doing anything else after Ian's death. It was the right call.
except the first new order release was ceremony, and movement sounds like an awful joy division copy by joy division themselves
>>
>>64530290

Ceremony was a beautiful tribute to Ian. That was it. That was the last thing. Don't you find that beautiful?

Movement was the perfect segue into New Order's later work. It isn't like they re-learned to play the instruments. They had a similar playing style but guided it in a new direction. Movement was and is brilliant.
>>
Joy Division in the winter; New Order when it's hot
>>
File: Joy_Division_Closer.jpg (17 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Joy_Division_Closer.jpg
17 KB, 400x400
Which album do you like the most from Joy Division? Closer is one of my favorite albums of all time.

>>64530505
This is pretty true.
>>
>>64530614

I dunno...it's sort of a tossup. They're both amazing and perfect. I find I can listen to Unknown Pleasures any time, but Closer feels so much darker...more sinister.
>>
>>64530614
i cant really decide, as much as i hate these stuff, closer found me in a low point of my life so im very attached to it, but substance and les bains douches are pretty much flawless too
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.