[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are drummers inferiors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 00-amenra-mass_iiii-2008-cover.jpg (21 KB, 467x467) Image search: [Google]
00-amenra-mass_iiii-2008-cover.jpg
21 KB, 467x467
I'm playing many instruments and 1 year ago i started drums in order to be able to write parts for my songs. I was so surprised at how easy it was. While you have to learn music theory for other instruments, there you just have to know some basic structures, add some fancy random fills, and congrats , you're a drummer.
Pic related is a good album you should listen to
>>
>>64527683
What an idiot.
>>
^Spotted the drummer
>>
>>64527683
It is proven that the batteries usually tend to have a lower IQ
>>
File: image.jpg (148 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148 KB, 640x1136
>>64527828
Yeah. I'm rehearsal right now. What's up wanna fight bitch.
>>
Why aren't there more actually good drummers out there then? When trying to make a band, the drummers usually the hardest to find.
>>
>>64528267
Because drums aren't as easy as people like to think they are. Niggas don't know about touch, feel, etc.
>>
>>64527683
ive done the the litteral exact same as you and have been left thinking the same thing,
the thing is that us two as multi-instrumentalists cant really get a proper understanding of how hard an instrument is to learn seeing as how (if you havnt noticed) it gets easier and easier to pick up instruments the more instruments you pick up
>>
>>64527683
I'd like to see your 1 year of experience sit in at a jam session in New York. You'd be laughed off the stage within the first minute.
>>
>>64528452
no shit
>>
>>64528486
But drums are so EASY!!!
>>
>>64528512
only to an extent, jesus nones really gunna say your gunna be a pro at anything with only a years worth of experience,
>>
>>64528430
Just because you can keep time doesn't mean you have the technical facility to play the drums well. There's a whole lot more to drums than keeping time. A great multi-instrumentalist that can play it all with a great understanding of the instrument is chick Corea.
>>
all instruments are easy until you realize you fucking suck
if anyone wants to buy a guitar hmu
>>
>>64528542
So then drums ARENT easy? Golly gee!!
>>
>>64528594
im >>64528430
all im saying is im agreeing with OP in that ive only found the drums easier to pick up than i have my past instruments but all that could be just due to knowing how to pick up instruments which could be like wise for OP
im not trying to say there easy things worth knowing are rarely easy
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.