[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have better taste than you and am a better musician than you AMA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: basmati.jpg (161 KB, 640x439) Image search: [Google]
basmati.jpg
161 KB, 640x439
Can't prove either of those things but I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have, offer suggestions, etc. Thanks guys.
>>
you're competent on how many instruments?
>>
Name me your top ten bands
>>
what's your favorite rock artist?
>>
>>64526990
the way I approach music I am "competent" using any instrument
>>64527002
no, be more creative
>>
there will always be people with better taste than you and who are better musicians then you. if you don't understand that, you're doomed
>>
>>64527019
Then how am I supposed to know you have better tastes?
>>
>>64527018
i don't have one that's silly
>>64527044
you can't know for sure! you can take my word for it if you want
>>
>>64527019
>the way I approach music I am "competent" using any instrument
hahahaha

yeah i'm sure that's gotta be quite the amazing, listenable approach.
>>
Where did you study?
>>
>>64527019
Hi, Keiji. I like your music.
>>
>>64527097
in high school my area studies class focused on china, specifically the mao era. I'm not sure how that's relevant to my taste or ability in music though.
>>64527071
glad you have confidence in me, anon.
>>
>>64527040
the trick is to gently shift your idea of what is good taste and good musicianship to the point that they apply better to you than anybody else.
>>
>>64527019

so you're a drummer? hitting a violin with sticks is not really ''competent'' tho
>>
>>64527172
yes i am a drummer! the other half of what you said sounds like a pretty subjective value judgement. i'm sure beethoven could've pulled off some really sick percussive violin sounds tho.
>>
why can't /mu/ fags just ask interesting questions and have fun instead of try so hard to prove him wrong?
>>
thoughts on Drake's new album?
>>
>>64527307
haven't listened but I don't think I would like it
>>
>>64527222
i know who you are. i sure feel smart rite now
>>
thoughts on death grips and bottomless pit
>>
>>64527347
that's great
>>64527353
haven't listened to bottomless pit. I think death grips are kind of ICP 2.0 but nonetheless I generally like them. NotM is a good album and their live shows would be great if it weren't for the crowd.
>>
>>64527437
well desu from what i've seen their live shows are p boring. mc ride just can't take the whole stage by himself and there's not that many show 'banger' songs
>>
>>64527437
What is this ICP comparison I keep seeing? I don't get why people say it. What's the deal?
>>
>>64527827
it's the same target demographic and base message but repackaged as intellectual and artistic instead of just rebellious/subversive
>>
>>64527437
>death grips

fucking lol'd

thoughts on pallbearer, dream theater, fates warning, zero 7, sneaker pimps, they might be giants, mark knopfler, tonio k, dire straits, kmfdm, radiohead, ladytron, skinny puppy, and nine inch nails
>>
>>64528282
no real thoughts on any of those except radiohead. i think radiohead are pretty boring.
>>
>>64527251
because who gives a shit about him retard

>wow an opportunity to talk to an anonymous poster on 4chan can't pass this up better think of my most interesting questions this is a once in a lifetime event
>>
File: 5978111.png (8 KB, 150x134) Image search: [Google]
5978111.png
8 KB, 150x134
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJ8y7DDcrI_rZ4E1JZobJCezqGnQi9ouh
>>
>>64526962
What's your favorite color?
>>
>>64529127
i don't have one
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.