[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
God tier artists
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: aesop-rock-the-impossible-kid.jpg (98 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
aesop-rock-the-impossible-kid.jpg
98 KB, 600x600
Aesop rock (not asap rocky, fuck no). Loved for his complex lyricism, requiring extra effort and satisfaction from piecing together the well made metaphor and word play, and his deep topics.

I love this dude, pic is his new album.
>>
thesaurus man needs to get a new art designer
>>
>>64525065
Agreed.
>>
File: gopher.jpg (795 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
gopher.jpg
795 KB, 1000x1000
Some songs you could check out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cz353lXPyc

Gopher guts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tZtish6RPU
Nine to fivers athem, I love the chorus here "Fumble outta bed and stumble to the kitchen
Pour myself a cup of ambition and
Yawn and stretch and my life is a mess and
If I never make it home today, God bless"
>>
>>64525032
No lying, Aesop has always been good in my book but since None Shall Pass or so he's been killing it. He drops nothing but great stuff with very few tracks here or there that I don't dig but I don't want to nitpick.

I mean just look at this:

>None Shall Pass (2007)
>All Day: Nike+ Original Run (2007)
>Felt 3 (2009)
>Are You Gonna Eat That (2011)
>Skelethon (2012)
>Cat Food EP (2014)
>Bestiary (2014)
>The Blob (2014)
>The Impossible Kid (2016)

All of those are very good to great releases. Then there are also a lot of dope tracks by other artists that he was featured on during that time. He's truly one of the best still doing his thing.
>>
I hear so many mixed things about most of Aesop Rock's albums but I really enjoy Labor Days and The Impossible Kid. Should I just listen to the rest of his discography or are there just one or two albums that I should check out?
>>
>>64525284
Cat food is great, I love the beats and lyrics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAljP_xggMc
>>
>>64525307
If you want something similar to The Impossible Kid, listen to the Cat Food EP and Hail Mary Mallon's Bestiary.

If you want something that's more like Labor Days, start off with Float.

>>64525321
I love it too. Both tracks are incredible.
>>
>>64525307
Almost all his albums has a good amount of songs that are dope. due to the nature of its complexity sometimes you need to hear it a couple times and look at the lyrics before you fall in love with it.

Float has some good ones, cat food ep is great (only two songs, I recommend). Other good songs are, drawbridge, prosperity, nine to fivers, grace(its about a kid not wanting to eat vegtables, its dope).
>>
>>64525307
>>64525354
I forgot to add that Sekelthon is also a very good choice if you want more like The Impossible Kid. Just make sure to get the bonus tracks too (Dokken Rules and BMX). They are great.
>>
>>64525354
>>64525368
>>64525380
ty anons. I'll start checking out his stuff
>>
>>64525032
I tried to listen a while to aesop rock and hail mary mallon but i think most of the beats they spit on are godawful. A shame i love complex rhymers
>>
>>64525065
>thesaurus
Newspeak is on the rise.
>>
>>64527232
I couldn't disagree more. I love Aesop's beats and his and Rob's production on the HMM albums.
>>
>>64527232
theres some that have good beats, try out the ones mentioned in this thread. Theres some songs that have shit beats but definitely not all of them, try out Aesop again.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.