[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>normie friends come over >we smoke up >5 minutes later
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 8
File: 1450954804899.gif (2 MB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
1450954804899.gif
2 MB, 400x226
>normie friends come over
>we smoke up
>5 minutes later they start playing ""stoner"" music
>one of them glances over at one of my aphex twin vinyls
>"whats that dude?"
>"oh its aphex twin. its sorta like chill musi-"
>"play it brah!"
>play it
>5 seconds later
>"this sounds like fuckin minecraft music!"
>"yeah anon turn it off"
>they play more generic rasta music
>>
they have better taste than you tee bee haitch
>>
>>64523815
>vinyls
anyway dude you should just play some fun stoner rock for them next time like Kyuss or QOTSA
>>
>>64523815
who;re your quote ,':?/
>>
>"Vinyls"
>Dude weed lmao
>Generic IDM
Fine then.
>>
nice made up story
i rly liked it
>>
>>64523815
To be honest I as IDM fan would most likely ask you to turn it off as well.
>>
File: 1454146186548.jpg (46 KB, 500x379) Image search: [Google]
1454146186548.jpg
46 KB, 500x379
>>64523895
i wish i was kidding anon
>>
So did you back up Aphex Twin? Or did you submit to your friends and listen to their music.
Bro if your house you pick the music. Try to get them into it, and if they don't get it fuck them lol just keep listening while their uncomfortable. Why should you listen to their shitty music when they can listen to your shitty music? It's your house you cuck.
>>
File: 1456730187136.gif (357 KB, 200x252) Image search: [Google]
1456730187136.gif
357 KB, 200x252
>putting on aphex twin when smoking weed
good b8
>>
File: 1458319192241.png (9 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1458319192241.png
9 KB, 256x256
>>64523915
theyre stupid rich white people
honest to god one of the stupidest people ive ever met. trying to defend anything that requires thought would be like throwing shit at a wall
>>
>>64523815
RUDEBOY
>>
Tbh I would make fun of my friends if one of them put on afx when we smoke. Normally we listen to lcd soundsystem or Kendrick and that's always fun. If I'm alone I'll listen to different stuff, but know your audience man
>>
>>64523815
>tfw have chill af weed bros
>tfw they listen to everything i put on
>animal collective, funkadelic, swans, mf doom, literally anything i put on, they listen to
feels #good boys
>>
>>64523815
Aphex is better on speed.
>>
I have a friend who used to have a huge hard-on for Wiz Khalifa. I mean that's the only artist he'd listen to, and he had the whole discography ready to go at any given point. I'd be playing some varied music, some stuff we both ennjoyed growing up, and this mother fucker would go and change it to the same fucking Wiz song we just heard 20 minutes ago. I was vocal about it, wondering what the fuck he was losing his shit over in regards to that god awfully droning and repetitive dindu, and he'd just say "don't be a hater, bro"

Some people just don't like good music. It's not accessible. Y'know how some people love fast food, try to go out of their way to get it, and then they finally hit a good resturaunt and they order tendies?

Don't let them control your stereo. Im guilty of this myself, and you knoweth no hell like SOHN on repeat for 2 hours. Blast Drukqs for me and smile as they throw a shitfit
>>
>>64523948
why are you fucking friends with them then? you're a submissive faggot
>>
>>64523815
>wanting to listen to neurotic computer sounds when high
>calls Aphex Twin chill
>being upset or confused that this is completely unappealing to some people

Really what is the rate of autism on this board
>>
>>64526830
Select Ambient Works is pretty chill m8
>>
>>64526926
You do understand why people wouldn't enjoy listening to this when high right? Especially when you were just listening to reggae.
>>
>>64526193
>don't be a hater bro
This is the single worst phrase in the English language. It give mongoloids the only excuse they need to ignore all criticism and continue doing stupid shit
>>
>>64526978
Im not OP but I can see why they wouldnt like it when they actually legitimately prefer to listen to reggae when smoking weed. They sound like plebs desu. SAW 85 is chill as fuck, they would be offput by it seeing as how theres no generic bassline in it
>>
you guys sound like fun at parties
>>
>>64524260
LCD Soundsytem is my go-to all the time. Or the Blue Album.
>>
>>64527156
Is there something wrong with listening to reggae while smoking weed? Do you really think listening to computer music while smoking weed makes you special?
>>
File: mu (11).jpg (1 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
mu (11).jpg
1 MB, 5000x5000
>I don't like instrumental music
>It's like the song never begins.
>>
If I want to show my friends any kind of electronic music that isn't EDM I have to show it to them when they're high. I played a bit of DJ Rashad for one of them and he was asking me if it was a joke because he couldn't find the groove.
At our next smoke sesh I play the one about the kush not being loud. He flips his shit and is super onto it.
>>
File: 1461705259600.jpg (27 KB, 599x400) Image search: [Google]
1461705259600.jpg
27 KB, 599x400
>"when's the drop?"
>>
>>64526978
m8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw5AiRVqfqk
I don't even really like Aphex Twin that much, but at least Xtal would be fucking heaven to listen to high.
>>
>>64527253
fag
>>
>>64527411
Yeah I was just listening to it, I totally understand why people wouldn't like this when high.

>>64527435
Good one pussy.
>>
>>64527253
Theres nothing wrong with listening to reggae high m8, its probably the only time you should be listening to reggae. Just saying OP's friends sound pleb as fuck and its not surprising they were turned off by aphex twin since the most complicated thing theyve ever heard is probably "no women no cry"

Also, my main point is that SAW 82 is a perfectly "chill" album to listen to while high. If we were talking about drukqs or any of his other releases I would agree, but SAW is as chill as it gets
>>
>>64523815

I like aphex twin but get some doom metal cunt
>>
>>64527477
So you think that people who would rather listen to reggae than relatively strange electronic music while stoned with their friends are automatically inferior? That's why so many people on this board have no friends or girlfriends. So socially retarded and so stubborn to admit that's what's happening, instead developing these delusions of superiority for being strange.
>>
>>64527451
>I totally understand why people wouldn't like this when high
You could say that about anything. I can understand why anyone wouldn't like anything when high, because people are different and like different things. There's nothing about Xtal or Aphex Twin in general that makes it fucking anti-high music or something. Thinking back on it, the first time I listened to that album was with my friend after smoking. I didn't totally care for it outside of certain tracks, but my friend liked it.
>>
put on some dank scientist, at least some reggae that isnt trash
>>
>>64527532
Their music taste is inferior 100 Percent. I never said anything about them being shittier human beings

You must be a reggae fag with how buttblasted you're getting about this
>>
>>64527607
I'm not pissed or something, I'm just a person who knows people that used to think like you as teenagers. What are your qualifications for thinking you have a superior understanding of music? What kind of music do you make?
>>
File: 1449273420312.gif (773 KB, 260x221) Image search: [Google]
1449273420312.gif
773 KB, 260x221
>>64527532
>>
>>64527641
Not him, but the fact that we are here discussing music and listening to all genres already shows that we have a superior understanding.

Reggae fag confirmed
>>
>>64527668
I'm not a huge reggae fan, probably 3 reggae artists on my whole itunes. I'm just saying I understand why aphex twin is unappealing when high and it makes perfect sense that most people would rather listen to reggae when smoking. To act like you're special or superior because you don't feel this way is a joke.
>>
>>64527641
Reggae is some of the most boring, monotonous, generic shit there is m8. Its not surprising that mostly stoners/jamaicans listen to it, seeing as how its the perfect "im so fucking high zoned out this bass line is pretty chill" music
>>
>>64527532
The problem is that these people aren't doing it because they enjoy the tropical sounds of reggae, they play ot because, "lol, weed, man. Bob Marley, dude. Rastafarianism is only about weed and has nithing to do with Ethiopia. This is the sound of stoners. It's weird if we don't listen to reggae while smoking." If these people had a genuine interest in the music and weren't just using it to further their stoner image it would be totally fine.
>>
>"oh its aphex twin. its sorta like chill musi-"
LOL
>>
>>64527707
> I never said anything about them being shittier human beings

Thats what he said. He never said he was superior, only thinks it's sad that his friends weren't more open minded. Also, get the fuck away from iTunes, it's garbage
>>
>>64527721
There's also the fact that when in a group of people, you probably won't be analyzing the music at the level that you would while alone, and you have to pick something more generic because the simple fact that the more people you have, the more varied the taste will be. That's why most people don't like the vibe when you put on weird shit. Just because you like it doesn't mean that other people will, and that doesn't make you better

>>64527732
Second perspective. Reggae is an agreeable and relaxed genre made for and by high people so it's generally appealing to people who are high. It's much more unlikely that two other people are going to be down with listening to your indie electronic music with that percussion style when stoned. I can't believe I have to explain this shit.
>>
>>64525348
Aphex is good on speed but he's actually really great when stoned too, not sure how you got that confused. . .
>>
>>64527788
He said his taste was superior, their taste being "100% inferior"
>>
>>64527721
Haven't posted ITT yet, but I really love reggae and all kinds of ska and reggae influenced music, Dub being one of my favorites.

And hell yea most of my appreciation goes for the basslines. They are so sweet. I also love pretty much any kind of music with a strong repetitive bassline, like I've been on an old-school House music binge for this reason.

Probably not surprising that I also play bass.

Why do you think its boring, monotonous and generic?

>>64527732
Its not even a "problem", you are just getting irrationally angry on an internet anime board over a small thing someone else chose to do.
>>
>>64523815
>"this sounds like fuckin minecraft music!"

exactly what i thought when i first heard avril 14th
>>
Showing someone music in hopes that they'll like it is pretty gay.
>>
I find it really bizarre that some people don't dig Aphex when they're stoned. They must not really want to get lost. He does lush shit well and there's great sensuality but also those bizarre rhythms and timbres that really work ur propriocentricity out and get u disoriented, top stoned stuff. Never understood why people don't want insane sensory assaults while stoned. I mean, Sonic Youth is scary if ur anxious but Aphex always hones his noise assaults to peak stoniness.
>>
>>64523815
>playing RDJ album
>not Selected Ambient Works
>>
>>64527962
Why? Sometimes my buddies will just hang out and show each other music we discovered on youtube and it's wicked fun.
>>
>>64523815
please tell us more stories from your imagination wizard of loneliness
>>
>>64527989
I mean to continue, for me one of the great joys of drugs is the opportunity for novel aesthetic experience.
>>
>>64528020
Was confused for like 5 seconds until I realized that you don't know what commas are.
>>
My stoner friends are like this anon's >>64524951

I usually play stuff like Icarus the Owl, Dance Gavin Dance, Fall Out Boy, but they really dig Immortal, CHON, and Satyricon
>>
>all of these people being epic contrarians
>all of these people saying it's bad smoking music who never listened to SAW, SAW2, ICBYD, Girl/Boy, RDJA which I all had a great time with
>using weed as a sedative when it's really an enhancer of art
haha dude just put on yung thug were not trying to think or enjoy anything here :)
>>
>>64526978
I regularly get high to SAW
>>
Serves you right for associating with other people
>>
>all the faggots ITT implying Aphex Twin isn't essential smoking music

It's like you never heard Cliffs
>>
>>64523815
>they even know how minecraft music is
Pick your friends better, Christ.
>>
>>64528679
>That tripname
>That tripcode

fucking beautiful
>>
>>64528679
This tbf
>>
>>64528679
>they even know how minecraft music is
Who the fuck hasn't played minecraft?
>>
>>64528109
you're a dumbass if you listen to idm of all things just sayin
>>
shoulda played some squarepusher instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr9gxAOjD_E

shit's banging
>>
>>64528761
then there's this faggot
>>
>>64528761
literally every healthy human being over the age of 15?
>>
>>64527401
kek
>>
>>64528822
>>64528838
>Lying on anonymous anime image board
depressing
>>
>>64528959
k got me playing minecraft atm familio
>>
>>64523859
This. Every time I put on songs for the deaf for stoners they enjoy it
>>
DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
>>64527989
Has James admitted to doing psychedelics? I know some of his stuff drew inspiration from lucid dreaming, and it seems like most people interested in the surreal dabble with lsd at some point
>>
this is why I don't hang out with retarded suburban trash
>>
>>64523815

Wow did you feel superior to them for knowing about Aphex Twin, the ultra-obscure electronic artist that absolutely no-one knows and hasn't been uniformly praised by critics for nearly two decades?
>>
>>64524951
>playing swans while high
>>
boards of canada or tame impala make top tier stoner music when you just wanna chill, but if i'm by myself i'll usually listen to new or challenging music. bjork is amazing while high also
>>
I smoked for about the fourth time, this time i actually got high because they weren't being stingy, and i realized I can't listen to music with my friends because one listens to painfully mediocre hip hop and the other one listens to derivative stoner rock, and I wouldn't mind electric wizard, or black Sabbath even, but it's always like a fucking Ty Segall band, or the first five minutes of Wish you Were Here, and tries to shove it down my throat. I don't even try to play my music because it would just be even more obnoxious. Listening to Turn on The Bright Lights was pretty incredible.
>>
>>64526978

SAW is super chill.
>>
>>64523929
when i first tried weed at 15, we were listening to drukqs and icbyd non-stop, it was amazing.
>>
the fuck is up with you guys, listening to aphex stoned is great
>>
You can tell a group of people are uninteresting when they just sit around listening to music instead of having intelligent discussion
>>
I don't get how some of you people haven't met ONE person who's as musically invested as you.

It's not like music is something obscure or non mainstream as a hobby.
>>
File: 1441063613723.gif (1 MB, 406x449) Image search: [Google]
1441063613723.gif
1 MB, 406x449
>>64524951
tfw my friends are normie but they support my tastes and will listen to whatever I put on when we smoke.

You guys gotta embrace the hipster sometimes, it's hip to be weird now, guys jesus.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.