[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>post modernism is a really impressive art form and is truly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 9
File: .jpg (12 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
12 KB, 800x450
>post modernism is a really impressive art form and is truly an important movement
- no one ever
>>
>>64493352
dean blunt is metamodern
get with the times
>>
>>64493352
most overrated sack of shit since who knows
>>
File: cover367.jpg (35 KB, 460x561) Image search: [Google]
cover367.jpg
35 KB, 460x561
>>64493455
The wire disagrees
>>
>>64493352
i just said this out loud 10 seconda ago you can't stop me OP
>>
>>64493478
nah, garbage
>>
>>64493501
nobody was talking to you fattie :)
>>
>>64493455
how is he overrated?

>>64493501
I'll respect your opinion when you explain it to me you fat ugly scooter riding gay homo
>>
>>64493352
Important to who
>>
>>64493478
>WIRE
>to be taken seriously

you would have been better off posting a fucking pitchfork article
>>
>>64493705
Why
>>
>>64493515
I don''t like it, therefore it's garbage.
>>
>>64493741
they suck
>>
>>64493786
specific and damning criticism
>>
i wish he'd just make pop. his experimental shit is always way worse than black metal.
just gib more pop dean.
>>
>>64493853
this tbqh
think he's enjoys being a fake roadmen tho
in his last interview he whined about playing in front of rich art kids.

so maybe babyfather is his fun project
>>
>>64493900
>>64493900
>last interview
linky
>>
>>64493968
http://www.npr.org/sections/microphonecheck/2016/04/01/472637838/dean-blunt-every-day-is-a-lifetime
>>
>>64493997
>-every-day-is-a-lifetime
urgh. what the fuck does that mean other than exactly jack shit.
>>
>>64494068
psuedo something
he vague explained it and said he watches a shit load of movies/tv and lives everyday under a new persona like an actor
artsy fartsy stuff beats me tbqh
>>
>>64493478
> because the wire is totally not liberal as fuck and tries to cash on pretentious teens
Dean fans are ridiculous.
>>
>>64493352
>TFW i genuinely believe this.
>>
>>64494331
But then again I also like Dean Blunt
>>
>>64493352
why does he always have a body guard looking guy behind him in live pics?
>>
>>64494385
so white boys like you don't go crazy and start killing people
>>
>>64493352
Big memer on the internets opinion on art is highly respected

-no one ever
>>
>>64493761
brandon why did you try to make yourself look skinnier in that picture
>>
>>64493761
summing up /mu/ in one post
>>
>>64493997
this was dank I want more.

>>64494068
it means you are never the same person you were yesterday and it's true.
>>
bumping this thread so i can tell you >>64498231 why you're full of shit
>>
>>64500537
you got a whole life time today and you gonna spend it like that?
>>
>>64500537
cont.

>>64498231
>and it's true

how?

what's true?

that when the clock strikes midnight i'm suddenly a completely different person, even if i'm completely awake?

or is it that after going to sleep, i wake up a completely different person? what about naps? do naps count? what about those instances where all through your "sleep" you barely cling to your consciousness so when you wake up don't feel rested at all? do those count?

it's an ambiguous, vapid heap of pseudo intellectual bullshit that serves absolutely no fucking purpose other than helping to identify gullible retards because you'd have to be one to believe any of the shit that you just fucking said

so now you've got two choices: you can either fucking end yourself, right now, or you can return to this thread with a reply and i'll rhetorically curb-stomp the shit out of you again

your fucking choice, bitch
>>
>>64498231
hey, what's the hold up?

pretentious white liberal arts major can't think of anything to say? fucking thought so

if anything, dean probably said that because he knew you retards would eat it up and over-analyze it to death like you do with everything he does
>>
>>64500683

it's true because we are a process that's in constantly evolving states. We aren't a fixed entity.

You are being overly literal to strip the idea of all usefulness or meaning. You can do the same thing with any statement and make it seem ridiculous because of the fundamental nature of our existence that denies us objective meaning or purpose. You are just being an asinine cunt like a child really because you don't understand shit.

Before you saw my post your goals were completely different. you had no intention of coming in here and bitching like this. You can debate arbitrary ways that you define your identity, like you might say that you are still the same cause you were an insecure twat before you saw this thread too, but that doesn't change invalidate the alternative interpretation that argues you are a different person than you were before you saw this thread, since there's no more or less reason defining your identity by your actions and goals makes any more or less sense than defining it by whatever deluded notions you have about your self image no matter how persistent they might be.

The person that existed with different goals, and no interest in making pedantic meaningless arguments about abstract ideas they can't comprehend, is gone. He will never exist again, because you are a changed person. That life is over.

>>64501068
why the fuck are you so mad? it's not a fucking controversial thing here. It's like someone said "a picture is worth a thousand words" and you were like hold up that's bull shit, when in fact it's a figurative statement that conveys something meaningful about the human experience.

I'm lamo at the life of the person who though he was smart when he posted your shit, and for their own sake I hope the next person they become is more open minded
>>
>>64501316
my coming into this thread and suddenly wanting to tell you that you're full of shit isn't evidence of any sort of evolution

all through my life i've enjoyed finding little prancing shits like yourself and telling you how stupid you are. this isn't new. this isn't me evolving. my "goal" upon entering this thread wasn't telling you that you're full of shit simply because i didn't know this thread would have someone like yourselves in dire need of being told such a thing

that's not evolution

that's me taking pleasure in the same thing i took pleasure in yesterday, and the day before, and the day before that
>>
>>64501573
>>64501573
>same thing i took pleasure in yesterday,
This is why you are objectively wrong. this didn't exist yesterday.

(Ive already explained the multiple ways you are being retarded but you are too dumb to understand them, so all I'm gonna do at this point is point out the literally objective flaws with your logic since you are obviously and over literal autist incapable of understanding anything remotely abstract. just see my last post again because it's clear you didn't understand more than ten percent of it.)
>>
>>64501316
>figurative statement that conveys something meaningful about the human experience
there's nothing meaningful in saying that i'm a different person now than i was 5 seconds ago because i had a drink of water

never before have i found someone sincerely believe such self-felating bullshit

>>64501741
>he thinks he's unique
>he thinks this instance doesn't perfectly mirror dozens before

the desperation is tangible. you argue that my goals are constantly evolving in consequence to me as a person evolving, but my goal has always been to put shits like you in their place

this is not evolution
i'm the same person
>>
Dean Blunt is pure bullshit, none of his appeal rises from the music but rather how much you trick yourself with analysis into thinking it's good. It's specifically "it's good because it's bad" core which is by the worst kind of music. It's musically that is intellectually, artistically, creatively bankrupt and anyone that likes it has that side of them that is intellectually bankrupt.
>>
Are people serious with this guy, he's so bad at singing I don't get it, all of his songs sound like first takes
>>
>>64501980
that's what makes it genius
>>
>>64501573
ill even help, look:
>like you might say that you are still the same cause you were an insecure twat before you saw this thread too, but that doesn't change invalidate the alternative interpretation that argues you are a different person than you were before you saw this thread, since there's no more or less reason defining your identity by your actions and goals makes any more or less sense than defining it by whatever deluded notions you have about your self image no matter how persistent they might be.

>>64501316
>You can debate arbitrary ways that you define your identity, like you might say

That's exactly what you did, and I explained wht it's completely retarded before you even did it.

>>64501881
>>he thinks this instance doesn't perfectly mirror dozens before
this objectively didn't exist before unless you want to get into some debate about relativity of time and eternal recurrence.

Like I said, your entire beef was retarded to begin with, I explained why, then I explained the abstract ideas you couldn't grasp in a misguided attempt to educate you, and then I just pointed out the objective flaws with your own conclusions when if became clear you are a dumb fuck incapable of grasping the mildly abstract ideas that for some reason are threatening enough to you that you made this stink about it. At this point there's nothing to do but recommend you change your diapers.
>>
what deans artistic statement is has been done by dozens of other people and done better. he's lazy
>>
>>64502109
list those people I've love to move on from him
everybody always say he's bad but can never give out better solutions
>>
File: youtu.be-ue5sLcwJpyU.jpg (155 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
youtu.be-ue5sLcwJpyU.jpg
155 KB, 1280x720
Do people still take this C UCK seriously?
>>
>>64501980
I used to see less value in it, but Babyfather I think is an actually really great piece of art.

I just don't think of it as music really, just recording/performing art.

I enjoyed that NPR interview cause having not seen any of his shit before it confirmed to me all the things I thought about his shit, especially the Babyfather album
>>
Post modernism isn't an art form, so that's probably why. Post modernism is praised as a movement not only in art, but also in fields like psychology and sociology.
>>
>>64502197
Ariel pink - the doldrums
>>
>>64502303
man cmon I been listening to ariel pink since 2010. I enjoy him and blunt equally
anybody else that I havn't heard already
>>
>>64502303
wow he's not remotely similar
>>
>>64502429
I know, ariel can actually write melodies
>>
>>64502098
so, in essence, what you're saying is, even if my self-image is defined by the criteria you explicitly provided, there's still there interpretation that i'm a different person now than i was 5 seconds ago because i've hit a few more keys on my keyboard, or exhaled a breathe of air

so, in essence, what you're saying is of no significance whatsoever beyond fellating the pseudo intellectual self-image you propagate for yourself all while being too stupid to contribute or inform any meaningful aspect of the human intellect, like the maths and sciences

>couldn't grasp
i understood it perfectly, i simply wanted to presume that your "insightful revelation" couldn't be reduced to me being a different person now than i was 10 seconds ago because i emptied my fucking bladder

see i like to imagine that there exists a threshold of intellectual meaning below which people on this board won't waste time posturing but you've clearly proven me wrong in that regard so for that i must applaud you

*claps*

holy fucking shit i have actual studying and projects that i have to attend to i cannot believe that you wasted my goddamn time like this, that you somehow introduced me to something even more pseudo intellectual and vapid that i anticipated, that you somehow think anything you've contributed to this discourse is of any weight and that it would be considered murder and distasteful for me to do the world a favor by tracking you the fuck down, smashing your head in with a fucking brick, and throwing you in a lake to drown

un
fucking
believe
able
>>
>>64502456
yeah and his whole practice is much more about music too
>>
>>64502516
who's your favorite philosopher
>>
>>64502516
>claps
just go back to redit you colossal retard. I said everything already in my first post and you haven't addressed any of it except for the parts I preemptively predicted you would and refuted. You are dumb ass hell.
>>
>>64502237
>NPR interview
God those are so fucking shit though
They were interviewing Earl Sweatshirt as if he was like Jackson fucking Pollock

Just as pretentious as the shit they interview
>>
>>64502516
>>64502516
>what you're saying is of no significance whatsoever
>>64501316
>You are being overly literal to strip the idea of all usefulness or meaning. You can do the same thing with any statement and make it seem ridiculous because of the fundamental nature of our existence that denies us objective meaning or purpose. You are just being an asinine cunt like a child really because you don't understand shit.

this is how dumb your shit is. I can literally cut and paste the parts you missed in my first post to explain this shit to you
>>
>>64502698
yeah I saw that that was really surreal actually.
>>
>>64502760
>just because i typed it means it's right!!!
are you fucking serious

i read that when you first posted it and i read it now

i ignored it because it contributed nothing to the fucking discussion. just because you fucking SAY it has meaning doesn't mean it actually HAS meaning, you intellectual inept dipshit

not a single post you've said does anything to nourish the intellect beyond some vapid, pseudo intellectual instagram/twitter post
>>
>>64502893
>i ignored it because it contributed nothing to the fucking discussion.
then you didn't understand it. It's attacking your entire premise which is just pedantic semantic bullshit.

You better go do you homework boy cause you you aren't gonna get any good ideas in your life and need credentials.
>>
>>64503025
i understand that it's attacking my literal interpretation but the point remains that, as far as the figurative interpretation goes, you've done nothing to explain why it matters

all you've done is say "this is important! this is meaningful! it's symbolic! without actually explaining WHY it's meaninful, what it says about the human condition, and i literally fucking said that in my previous post so at this point i assume that you're just a heap of vapid platitudes without much else to contribute

feel fucking free to prove me wrong, or just repeat yourself again
>>
>In order to understand Ancient literature, you need to have a massive knowledge of ancient history and to be familiar with the context and circumstances surrounding the creation of that work
>In order to understand "modern" philosophers such as Derrida and such you first need to have a huge understanding of phenomenology, Heidegger, structuralism and post-structuralism and pretty much every single philosopher (and their ideas) that came before him, and it all boils down to "start with the Greeks"
>In order to fully grasp Ancient Greek philosophy it is advised to be familiar with the Ancient Greek history
>In order to understand Joyce, you first need to be familiar with the works of Shakespeare, Dante and Ovid (and many others)
>In order to understand Pynchon, you need to have an encyclopedic knowledge of just about any subject ever, also it is recommended to be a rocket scientist

It's like they couldn't have possibly made it any harder if they tried.
>>
>>64503150
Listen man, if you want to discuss a subject honestly then you need to have a good amount of knowledge on it. Basic common sense.
>>
>>64503127
no one said it matters. nothing matters what the fuck is wrong with you? you get dropped on your head? is there some mad guy holding you by the dick making you write this retarded shit? are you just a troll baiting?
>>
>>64503150
i dont think this is true at all. or your greatly exaggerating how difficult it is
>>
>>64503127
>what it says about the human condition,
It says>>64501316
>we are a process that's in constantly evolving states.

retard.
>>
>>64503244
Go ahead and try it yourself.

I've spent the last 7 years of my life educating myself, watching as many films as possible, listening to as many records of all kinds of genres as possible and reading (with a focus on philosophy and the western canon) as much as possibly and yet I still feel like I barely know anything and am not competent enough/don't have enough knowledge to be an active participant of any discussion, because there's so much left to learn.
>>
>>64503210
>no one said it matters
you said it matters
>>64501316
>it's like someone said "a picture is worth a thousand words" and you were like hold up that's bullshit, when in fact it's a figurative statement that conveys something meaningful about the human experience

>>64503261
>we are a process of constantly evolving states
and when i challenged that by saying that my motivations and goals are the same today as they were yesterday and the day before, you (or he) retorted by saying that that's not possible because today presented unique experiences that in consequence ensure that i'm different, in essence reducing his "meaningful insight" to the fact that i'm a different person today than i was yesterday because today i had mushrooms on my pizza, or i'm a different person now than i was an hour ago because within that hour i've taken a shit and my intestines are vacant

it means jack fucking shit >>64494068
>>
>>64503406
yeah what is conveys is >>64503261

I did not say it MATTERED I said it was meaningful.

You are a retard but by all mean continue lobbing soft balls and misunderstanding everything you read.
>>
this thread is now a part of /lit/
>>
>>64503466
>i did not say it mattered, i said it was meaningful
explain the difference, and then explain how this is meaningful
>>
Did you guys hear that 30-min Lolina video/track from Paris? It's fucking good, they both need to do more like that. "Meditation" is also a very good song

Also Blunt is not a post modernist
>>
Actually, post-modernism brought us Metal Gear Solid and Deus Ex, so it's alright.
>>
>>64500683
imagine watching a 10 minute youtube video about anything. when it ends, you are no longer the same as who you were when the video started. small difference, but it's there. try it
>>
>>64503344
Sounds exactly like me

Do you also smoke too much weed?
>>
>>64503526
what is blunt?
>>
>>64503557
in the sense that i watching the clip is an additional experience and contributes something to "who i am" i understand. i've understood that for the entirety of this discussion. what i conceive was the thought that people on this board would present such a trivial idea as something of intellectual weight
>>
>>64503525
No. I'm not going to explain that to you. I don't post on my to retype the dictionary. You are a complete retarded. You must have doubts. at least a little voice somewhere that's whispering you have fucked up. Find that voice and have sex with it. Let it fuck you right in the asshole until you see lights and then find a mirror to look at your own reflection with the realization that you are actually dumb.
>>
>>64503625
: --- )
>>
i suppose no one here enjoys hype williams right?
>>
>>64503637
I'm actually a bit surprised as well. I even like a lot of Blunts work, but people engaging with his silly talk in such a serious manner... it's very cringe desu
>>
>>64503637
i don't know about that 'intellectual weight' shit. ( i didn't read most of the discussion). but it's a very practical thing.
>>
>>64503687
hw is good classic stoner music
>>
>>64503644
>no.
then explain how it is meaningful
>>
>>64503573
I don't like weed, it makes me tired, lazy and unmotivated. I also get paranoid easy when smoking weed.
>>
>>64503687
i actually haven't listened to a lot of it, but I like Lolina and some Blunt solo work
>>
>>64503694
thank you

>>64503705
it's beyond practical; it's fucking elementary, so fucking elementary that again i can't believe the retard i'm arguing with considers something so base something of "meaning about the human experience." it means absolutely fucking nothing which is why he's done nothing to explain the meaning beyond repeatedly saying that i don't understand him when in fact i understand everything he's said from the start but simply didn't believe someone would waste their time typing up such trivial bullshit as if it was meaningful
>>
>>64493352
what is post modernesim
>>
>>64503820
>considers something so base something of "meaning about the human experience
again, putting words in my mouth

you are fucking illiterate there's no point explaining anything to you. go do your homework fuck boy
>>
>86 replies
>26 posters

fucking pathetic dean blunt haters
>>
>>64501316
>>64501573
fucking nerd
>>
>>64503820
>done nothing to explain the meaning b
the meaning is >>64503261

you are acting like a pedantic retard fucking child, like I said in my very first post. It's like the dumbass kid who figures out he can keep asking 'why' over and over again and it always works because the fundamental questions of our reality are unanswerable, only you aren't doing it like a wise as child, you are doing it without any self awareness like a literal retard.
>>
>>64503876
NIGGER YOU LITERALLY FUCKING SAID IT IS "MEANINGFUL TO THE HUMAN EXPERIENCE"

TWO TIMES YOU'VE SAID IT'S MEANINGFUL

TWICE

I'M NOT PUTTING WORDS IN YOUR MOUTH. IF YOU FEEL SOMETHING THERE, MAYBE YOU'RE FINALLY BEGINNING TO FEEL MY FUCKING DICK BECAUSE I'VE BEEN RAPING YOUR FOR THE ENTIRETY OF THIS DISCUSSION WHILE YOU WERE TOO STUPID TO REALIZE UNTIL NOW (THERE'S SOME FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE FOR YOU)

you literally motherfucking said that the subject of our discussion wields something "meaningful to the human experience," and in addition i quoted that post and fucking showed you where you explicitly said that

can you read, motherfucker? can you? because i also prompted you to explain how heap of triviality is meaningful here >>64503723 after you again said that it's meaningful without explaining HOW and WHY here >>64503466 (twice. you said it T W I C E).
>>
>>64501316
DAMN Dean Blunt going in right now
>>
>>64504032
>the meaning is >>64503261
are you kidding me?

the meaning of saying that "we are a process that's in constantly evolving states" is that "we are a process that's in constantly evolving states"?
>>
im pretty confident this is actually dean in this thread
>>
see>>64504032
>>64504033
>you literally motherfucking said that the subject of our discussion wields something "meaningful to the human experience,"
no, I said his statement conveys something meaningful ABOUT our experience. Changing it to TO implies that I think it's some 'meaning of life' tier revelation
>>
>this thread
unty confirmed for not dead
>>
>>64504109
>changint it to TO implies that I think it's some 'meaning of life' tier revelation
that's implied regardless, with 'about' or 'to'

there is nothing meaningful about that. it obvious and reductive to the point of being trivial
>>
>>64504090
Yeah or unty
>>
>>64504079
no, but fucking hilariously enough I went way more into detail to explain to your dumb ass what >>64504079
>we are a process that's in constantly evolving states
means, in the whole fucking rest of that post.

My showing you know is in the post you quoted was showing you the simple meaning again of what dean's statement meant, for the purpose of illustrating the way your entire beef is pedantic and childish as I explained, AGAIN, in the very first post.
>>
will i benefit in any way from reading this thread? pls respond
>>
>>64504194
Do you like Dean Blunt?
It might benefit you to read the criticism of him.
>>
>>64504194
idk I've lost track on wtf they're talking about anymore
>>
>>64504090
could be his gf nina
>>
>>64503150
That doesn't necessarily mean they're bad. Derrida and Joyce do practice obscurantisme terroriste (even though Joyce does it fairly) but it's still possible to trudge through their work autodidactically, as with all the others. I had the same issue of feeling like you can't actually make progress, but the trick is just to settle on a topic and devote yourself to it entirely until you're satisfied. Don't try digging up the roots of two different movements at once or you'll just be doing a disservice to your knowledge of both.

The only foundational knowledge you need to start picking up modern and contemporary philosophy is a survey understanding of the Pre-Socratics, Greeks and the big 3, some decent background on Kant, Hume, Hegel, Marx, Husserl, Freud, and the existentialists, and basically sparknotes level understanding of the rest of the main figures of the Western canon. A lot of modern philosophy has overt references to their contemporaries, so jump around a bit to find the origin of terms and you can get a solid grasp on the canon very easily

>>64503827
The worst thing to ever happen to human consciousness
>>
>>64504230
babby's first critical theory, same as ever
>>
>>64504169
>that's implied regardless, with 'about' or 'to'
no it isn't you can say numerous statements about our existence like "eating causes us to shit" and they have meaning without implying any grand cosmic significance like you assert and I love how you have been ignoring every criticism aimed at you in favor of obscuring the point with semantic misinterpretations, not that you do this deliberately, you clearly do it cause you are dumb as hell.

>>64504230
just read my first to posts. They literaly explain the whole thing as well as predict and refute everything the dumbass would argue
>>
>>64504193
>went way more into detail to explain to your dumb ass what it means
i've said several times that i understand what it MEANS

the concept does not fucking ESCAPE ME. it's not novel. it's not interesting. it contributes no insight or understand to the human intellect of about the human experience. it is among the most trivial platitudes that i've ever in my fucking life heard, which is why i've repeatedly asked you for not what it means, but how/why it is MEANINGFUL
>>
>>64504337
>it's not novel. it's not interesting.
no one said it was.

>>64504337
>why it is MEANINGFUL
if you understand what it means >>64504337
>i understand what it MEANS
then it is meaningful

again, i condescend to your autist level world view and destroy your feeble argument on it's own narrow minded terms

go do your homework you fucking dumb retard.
>>
can someone tl;dr dean blunt
>>
>>64504313
>no it isn't you can say numerous statements about our existence like "eating causes us to shit" and they have meaning without implying any grand cosmic significance

now look at who's resorting to being overly literal

here was your exact phrasing:
>it's a figurative statement that conveys something meaningful about the human experience
you can't possibly assert that you weren't trying to attribute to that quote some "grand cosmic significance" when you phrase it like that. there's a difference between saying something is "meaninful," and saying something is "meaningful about the human experience."
>>
>>64504412
Because ive read here on /mu/ that Dean Blunt's just taking the piss but I've also read Dean Blunt saying he likes hearing the things that people come up with when it comes to art
>>
>>64504382
see >>64504431

clearly you were trying to convey some grand, cosmic significance in the way you phrased it
>>
>>64502698
>>64502801
what are you talking about? that earl NPR interview was pretty down to earth. they talked to him like that because they know that he's one of the young rap artists with the most potential at the moment
>>
>>64504412
solo dean is just Art exhibitions in music form
he basically gives the listener the ability to decide the what the music is about, instead of ever letting you know his true intentions

To some it's just a horrible musician with a shitty voice doing karaoke over samples
to others it's satire
etc
>>
>>64504466
>>64504431
>>64504431
>now look at who's resorting to being overly literal
what part of "i have to put this shit in literal terms because you are a retard (paraphrasing)" have you not been getting? oh right, you are a retard

btw>>64504382
>if you understand what it means >>64504337
>>i understand what it MEANS
you clearly didn't and that's what predicated this arguement>>64494068
>what the fuck does that mean other than exactly jack shit.

Ever since I explained what it meant in my first damn post all you have been doing is moving the goal posts for meaning, like the dumb ass child saying "why" over and over (but what does it mean??) which is exactly what I fucking predicted you would do in my first post when I called you out for being pedantic and childish. The only revelation so far has been that I was wrong to call you childish, since a child who does the same thing does so knowingly and mischievously, and you do it obliviously because you are actually very stupid. It's really fucking sad. Go do your homework you fat dummy.
>>
File: xenocruz.jpg (21 KB, 619x795) Image search: [Google]
xenocruz.jpg
21 KB, 619x795
this is the only good thread on /mu/ rn
>>
>>64504466
no I wasn't, I was trying to be thorough because i thought if I was this dumbass might understand it.
>>
File: 57471039.jpg (98 KB, 500x318) Image search: [Google]
57471039.jpg
98 KB, 500x318
>>
whoever's owning this guy must be dean blunt or somebody related to him
never seen anybody defend dean blunt well before on the internet ever
>>
>>64504664
>completely ignores my point that he phrased it to imply that it was laden with meaningful depth
not even surprised

see, if i was you, i'd equate that with a lack of reading comprehension, but i know you just have no response to it

you're full of shit

you built it up and postured for the entirety of the thread, as though the quote was something of intellectual weight, when ultimately it's just a platitude and now that you can't explain yourself you're resorting to the overly literal means that you criticized me for
>>
>>64504698
>i was trying to be thorough by introducing an idea that i could at no point appropriately reinforce
that makes no sense but i suppose you only posted that because it presents you with another opportunity to call me a dumbass while further obscuring your lack of anything substantial to contribute to this discussion, despite the extent to which you've postured otherwise
>>
>>64504758
>when ultimately it's just a platitude
Comparing the phrase to "a picture is worth a thousand words," a well know platitude, was obviously doing the exact opposite, an trying to show how you were being pedantic about what was a platitude. But good job reading there dumbass.
>>
>>64494296
>liberalism is bad
>>
>>64504664
im actually crying here well done man
>>
>>64503150
what are you trying to say
>>
>>64504844
referring to a platitude as something that offers meaning about the human experience is incredibly misleading and it's more likely that that was not your initial intent
>>
>>64503344
you're retarded
>>
>unty is a huge fan of dean blunt
>also incredibly autistic
not sure which of these is him desu
>>
>>64504825
I said in my second post that I already explained everything that needed to be explained about the phrase you didn't understand. This isn't a discussion. this is just having fun placating your retard talk.

you haven't addressed anything I said. The only thing Ive been doing is trying to explain what you are too illiterate to understand from my very first remarks.

>>64504926
no it isn't. There was a very clear purpose of the comparison which was made doubly clear in the post given it's context following my explanation about your acting like a pedantic child.

This is getting boring. anyone want sloppy seconds mates?
>>
>>64493352
>post modernism is an art form
- no one who knows what post modernism is ever
>>
>>64505012
Both
>>
>>64504589
>he basically gives the listener the ability to decide the what the music is about, instead of ever letting you know his true intentions
That's lame.
>>
>>64505041
>you haven't addressed anything i said
because i long ago recognized it as a vapid platitude that served the human intellect in no shape or form. i accepted it

your comparison suggested that this particular platitude wielded something insightful about the human experience

but you're right. this is boring. you've denied my prompts and i've denied yours so this is going nowhere
>>
>>64505084
how is it not an art form? do you even understand what you just said
>>
>>64505216
you ought to print this thread out. show it to your the English professor at your school and if you are so sure you are not a colossal retard, block out the IDs, and mark all the relevant posts. Tell him you were my posts and I was you. Tell him you got in this argument and you were pretty sure you were wrong but you just wanted to make sure you understood. Do it during their office hours most professors get few visitor then anyway and it's time they are paid to teach so don't feel bad. Don't be embarrassed either about being the sperg showing you teacher 4chan posts, the teacher won't even care and forget about it later and no one else has to know. If any thing they will give you more leniency grading cause they think you care more about what they think. Besides, this is important, because you need to learn for certain about yourself and you abilities. Tell them you are me and you think you are wrong, then be surprised when they say, no no anon, I think this other guy was a retard, you have nothing to worry about.

Ah who am I kidding, you aren't in college, your teachers don't have office hours lamo. fucking dumb boy. see you in homeroom. can't wait till you get raped at gym time, that is if you change your clothes and don't sit out on your lard ass.
>>
>>64505216
>i long ago recognized it as a vapid platitude

how long ago, it's hard to tell
could be a day, could be a lifetime
>>
>>64505494
why did you post this?
>>
>>64505535
on the off hand chance a bitch learns the truth about himself
>>
>>64505596
according to your wisdom i'm a different self every few seconds or so
>>
>>64505494
no chill
dean take it easy on him pls
>>
some day i will read this thread
>>
>>64505628
>>64505628
presumably the current you is closer to realizing he's worthless.
>>
>>64505691
you're using the past to determine my worth when my worth is wholly determined by the present

you don't even know who i am. we could be pals.
>>
>>64505750
I know you are worthless cause you are posting on 4chan
>>
>>64505825
hey, look, i know i'm retarded

i'm sorry

i shouldn't have wasted your time by introducing such a pedantic discourse

you're right that i'm stupid and worthless
>>
>>64506083
look man, you are also fat. Fuck off.
>>
>>64506317
i'm actually not fat

i'm 5'8 and weigh 115lbs

sometimes i run
>>
>>64506344
don't worry, you can always lose weight and become attractive, it's not like height
>>
>>64506432
i'm not lying about that, though. i'm not fat. although i did lie about being 5'8. i'm more like 5'6 and a half

lying about physical attributes on 4chan

i'm so pathetic
>>
>>64506522
fucking manlets
>>
>>64506522
>a half
lamo manlets. That half is really gonna matter when your stunted dick has the ladies snoring and thinking about dean's big British battleship
>>
>>64506565
i've never had a gf either. i'm almost 22 and i've never even stepped in a girl's room. i can't even remember the last time i had a friend. i've this massive self-image but in reality i'm nothing to anyone
>>
What kind of dumb nigga thinks post modernism is an art form though
>>
>>64506651
and you are dropping us ammo cause you are a cuck fuck boy who wants some rape
>>
>>64506706
you know he meant faggot it's a style. people say modern art
>>
>>64506713
>cuck fuck boy who wants some rape
no not really

i don't know why i'm dropping ammo

i don't even know that i'd call it ammo, considering that it doesn't really hurt
>>
>>64506803
yeah it really in more like you dropping your pants and spreading your ass in vain hopes that someone will care about you enough to give you attention. very whorish.
>>
>>64506713
>being mean to strangers on the internet
pathetic
>>
>>64506932
i'm aware of this instance resembling that.

you misattribute my intentions, though, so the whorish comment is of little consequence

you can try again if you'd like

i don't really care, as i'm doing other things right now anyways
>>
i need to go back to school i think. i don't understand what anyone in here is saying.
>>
>>64506617
this post made me proud to be british
>>
>>64506985
you look like you are still attention whoring so maybe stick a fork in your ass before you tell me what's of little consequence, or better yet just look in the front of your pants.
>>
>>64507135
this comment is of moderate consequence as it made me smile very slightly.

thank you for cheering me up anon.
>>
>>64507160
>pathetic
it's pretty easy to make retard happy. if we were on webcams there's a lot about object permanence im sure would make you clap your hands and say daddy
>>
>>64507195
>webcams
they make me uncomfortable, both watching and being watched, to be frank
>>
>>64507195
>if we were on webcams there's a lot about object permanence im sure would make you clap your hands
alright, this makes no sense and is barely english. It's time for you to go read a book.
>>
>>64507236
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object_permanence

>>64507231
i don't want to see your ugly face get over yourself
>>
File: 1432076948388.jpg (57 KB, 521x512) Image search: [Google]
1432076948388.jpg
57 KB, 521x512
how philistine can you niggas be
>>
>>64507299
>get over yourself
i'm confused

did all of my prior self-defacing serve no purpose

i'm just trying to continue the discussion as much as my reduced sociability allows
>>
Quick question is one of the people who's arguing ITT Marcel? I really can't think of a single person who would care this much about Dean Blunt.
>>
>>64507355
I'm just I'm just I'm just

yes it served no purpose. there you haven't got a function here you should be cleaning toilets and scraping your knees at glory holes.
>>
>>64507460
your comments are coming off as incredibly forced and insincere at this point desu
>>
>>64507365
its either dean, inga, nina, marcel, or unty.
>>
>>64507497
what the fuck you cracker's so obsessed with sincerity for? if you cared about the quality of your life you wouldn't be here. you wouldn't be texting. just take what you get.
>>
>>64507299
I know what object permanence is.
I'm just saying you can't form a cohesive sentence, so go read a book to try to learn how.
>>
>>64507365
we aren't even talking about Dean anymore.
>>
>>64507590
you aren't accustomed to the brevity of an intellectual fuck out
>>
>>64507578
i care about the quality of my life but simultaneously accept my limitations which ultimately limit my interactions with others to this website

to be honest i find this recognition and resignation among the peak forms of sincerity
>>
File: boogaloo.jpg (23 KB, 400x280) Image search: [Google]
boogaloo.jpg
23 KB, 400x280
>>
so what books should I read to understand what anyone is talking about in this fucking thread
>>
>>64507365
It's Unty. You can tell by how he writes and the vocabulary he uses. Marcel isn't capable of something like this.
>>
>>64507636
>intellectual
wew

so a nigger got into college, and now he thinks he is smart?
>>
>>64507690
unty is confirmed dead. someone is just impersonating him.
>>
post modernism is just an extended tantrum about how we don't have our flying cars yet
>>
>>64507690
one of them is an actual writer. marcel has absolutely spewed garbage like what's been said ITT about Dean before. he's more than capable of saying shit like this. "muh big words" aren't really that foreign to him.
>>
>>64507690
fucking ironically I'm actually a person on here way under the radar. it's kinda lol

>>64507645
>recognition and resignation among the peak forms of sincerity
that's lols cause it's a complete deception your life could be way different. if you haven't had sex and haven't got a gf you can get one very fucking easily, but you won't because you are cucked by society and an unwarranted self image. you are lying to yourself out of fear. it's not sincere.
>>
>>64507761
nice i'm stealing that
>>
File: bbf-hosted-by-dj-escrow.jpg (286 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
bbf-hosted-by-dj-escrow.jpg
286 KB, 1024x1024
>>64507761
which is why this album cover is so brilliant
>>
>>64507832
i wouldn't because it's not requal
>>
ITT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlTQ5mbZG3U
>>
>>64507764
It's about more than just "big words", it's how he uses them. It's the tangents he goes on.
Example:

>Before you saw my post your goals were completely different. you had no intention of coming in here and bitching like this. You can debate arbitrary ways that you define your identity, like you might say that you are still the same cause you were an insecure twat before you saw this thread too, but that doesn't change invalidate the alternative interpretation that argues you are a different person than you were before you saw this thread, since there's no more or less reason defining your identity by your actions and goals makes any more or less sense than defining it by whatever deluded notions you have about your self image no matter how persistent they might be.

>The person that existed with different goals, and no interest in making pedantic meaningless arguments about abstract ideas they can't comprehend, is gone. He will never exist again, because you are a changed person. That life is over.

>I'm lamo at the life of the person who though he was smart when he posted your shit, and for their own sake I hope the next person they become is more open minded

This is pure, 100% Unty. Couldn't be more obvious.

And I'm really disappointed in you Unty, you fuck. When you said you were leaving /mu/ I thought to myself "shit, it's really time I leave as well, it's pretty pathetic that even that dipshit left before I did" and now here you are, and here I am. Sad story all around.
>>
>>64507672
You don't have to read anything you just have to show up stoned to undergrad art school lectures and half listen
>>
>>64507945
not Unity. Have no idea who Unity is. If you guess who I am though I'll drop a track ITT.
>>
>>64507761
but we do, they're called helicopters
>>
>>64508010
james ferraro
>>
>>64508010
Andy
>>
>>64508010
It's UNTY james UNTY
>>
>>64508044
andy is not smart enough for this thread. there's a video out there of stoned andy talking about some shit and he is a literal moron.
>>
keep guessing I'll be back
>>
>>64508071
yeah I know the video your talking about and that wasn't andy talking. jesus you just half ass listen and spout of bullshit? it was his friend going off on that rant and Andy said like 5 words total. fucking slanderous buffoon
>>
>>64493352

Postmodernism isn't an art form though, it's just a grouping of different things. Being anti-art stinks of Reddit
>>
>>64508071
>and he is a literal moron

Every single member of Death Grips is a retarded stoner who's read one too many conspiracy theory, it blows my mind that people genuinely believe any of them to have anything intelligent to say on anything.
>>
>>64508112
>>64508112
WE
E
KNOW
N
O
WWWWWW

WHAT he meant so stop being needlessly pedantic
>>
>>64508151

It's harder to attack something if you don't properly understand it though
>>
>>64507761
post modernism is about the false promises of capitalism?
>>
>>64508010
even if we guessed you wouldn't out yourself because you've said some borderline embarrassing shit ITT. i forgive you daniel
>>
>>64493352
prolly someone has, even tho what you wrote is dumb as fuck
thus: prolly LOTSA peeps ever
>>
did OP mean art style? i don't understand how this thread blew up.
>>
>>64508358
>i don't understand how this thread blew up
autism
a whole lotta autism
>>
>>64508106
You really said some smarty stuff here
So I'm gonna say Jay Z
>>
>>64508010
Kanye
>>
>>64508010
daniel lopatin
arca
>>
https://clyp.it/g55vew35
>>
>>64509007
>>arca
>>
>>64509140
what is this shit
>>
>>64493373
this
>>
>>64493352
>born in le wrong century
>>
https://clyp.it/qxa1fd3l
>>
>>64509291
>>64509140
>its an arca does the ableton tutorial episode
>>
>>64509140
>>64509291
no idea who this is but you're good at copying future beats
sounds like arca/mesh
>>
https://clyp.it/vp3hobt1
>>
>>64509438
>>64509291
>>64509140
wow I hated these!
>>
>>64509438
I know who you're
>>
>>64502027
I like his minimal melodies. Definitely off putting at first but they grew on me.
>>
>>64502516
you sound like a cool tough dude. Nothing gets past you, you're the big man!
>>
>>64509007
i really hate that you guessed 2 names so it's even more ambiguous. even though it is definitely arca
>>
>>64509438
https://soundcloud.com/jonomilo/hell-is-empty-all-the-demons-live-here

99% sure this is you
>>
>>64509582
Wow, if that really is him I want to say Champion is one of my favorite albums
>>
>>64509582
https://clyp.it/fk55xuy2
>>
>>64509746
kek

arcas got jokes
>>
>>64509746
I honestly don't see why arca would waste his time on 4chan defending dean blunt

you're not arca probably somebody from this new electronic scene that's under them.
>>
>>64509814
1. they collaborated
2. he plays video games so one is to assume he has a lot of down time
3. he gay nigga
>>
>>64509841
nah even with all that Arca wouldn't waste his time explaining dean's everyday is a lifetime bs
it's either some guy who worships arca/dean or nina herself defending him

not marcel because he can't make tunes worth a shit
>>
>>64507945
this is the kind of "insight" you would expect from a freshman with a slightly above average interest in philosophy. the fact that these inept platitudes are enough to wow /mu/ is very telling of our userbase 2bh
>>
File: 1459336275997.jpg (14 KB, 236x380) Image search: [Google]
1459336275997.jpg
14 KB, 236x380
I sorta recall hoverboards being featured heavily in those sort of half-shit, commercial grime film clips by a bunch of guys trying to make it. In that sense I think the new babyfather release does function well as an observation of the current state of rap music in the UK... but I don't find it listenable at all.

I really like Black Metal and the way that I lot of Dean Blunt and his associated acts are built on sampling vocals/lyrics as well as instrumentals. Some times it sounds like bad karoake but I reckon there's some gems to be had.

I like the amateurish sound too, which makes the emotional impact of the (questionably original) lyrics even more special.

BUT WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED IN THIS THREAD
>>
>>64493352
Post modern isn't a functional term in music. Why do idiots insist on using it.
>>
If you guys do my online midterm paper for me I'll tell you who it is.

Page 1
Include four photos, appropriately sized, that best represent your understanding of the science and photography topics from weeks 2-5. These photos can be new or previously published (by you) in the weekly discussion boards.

Explain in your own words how each photo is connected to the science and photography topics covered in the module. Be sure to include the location where you took the photo.

Include the following meta data: ISO, shutter speed, aperture, and date of capture.

{Hint: a table layout works good for the photo and text display}
PAGE 2

One paragraph that best describes what you have learned through one of the science readings.

One paragraph on your reflection of what you learned through your "field experiences" - going out and taking your photos.

One paragraph that evaluates what another student has published in one of the discussion boards from weeks 1-5. Choose a photo that you feel positive about, consider the following ideas:
Did the photo convey a sense of knowledge about a particular topic - explain.
What special or noteworthy photographic techniques were used?
Was the photo interesting?
What statement did the photo make?
Did the photo prompt you to think about the subject in a way that you had not before?
Feel free to add to this list.
Attach your file here as a word document or pdf. Check your grammar.

Shit's due by midnight
>>
>>64493352
postmodernism isnt an artform
-thom
>>
>>64510171
>dean blunt defenders are literally retarded
>>
>>64510309
I can give you more info about what the topics were if that makes it easier to write
>>
>>64509908
maybe it's James Ferraro really coked out. Kind worrisome desu
>>
>>64500683
you're such a fucking dumbass holy shit
>>
what's with all the grammatical errors in all the posts here? it's really strange
>>
>>64503820
the self doesn't exist
>>
>>64504589
death
of
the
author
>>
>>64511877
since when is that strange? what do you mean?
>>
>>64505227
how is it a fucking art form you absolutely knob
>>
>>64507672
nothing of worth is being said here
>>
>>64507761
not exactly, no
>>
>>64508071
>smart enough for this thread
jesus fucking christ

are we in the same thread?
>>
is arca a mutant? is that why he made the background of mutant match the walls of mu?
>>
>>64512814
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postmodern_art
Why do you try to discuss things you don't understand? You're embarrassing yourself
Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.