[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHY DOESN'T ANYBODY LIKE THE FLAMING LIPS ANYMORE IT MAKES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (208 KB, 738x735) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
208 KB, 738x735
WHY DOESN'T ANYBODY LIKE THE FLAMING LIPS ANYMORE IT MAKES ME SO MAD THEY USED TO BE SO POPULAR BUT NOW I FEEL LIKE I'M THE ONLY PERSON WHO LIKES THEM WHY DOESN'T ANYBODY LIKE WAYNE COYNE
>>
File: bpjHLZh.jpg (157 KB, 1200x1659) Image search: [Google]
bpjHLZh.jpg
157 KB, 1200x1659
/thread
>>
>>64481902
hey wayne waddup
>>
I was never a big fan of them, but I lost a lot of respect for them when they began working with Miley Cyrus.
>>
>>64481902
Tame Impala? Yeah, they're okay
Currents sucked ass tho
>>
>>64481902
I love them
>>
I used to love them but now I hate them.
>>
I kind of just forgot about them after Yoshimi. The Terror was pretty bland in comparison
>>
>>
they just got too memey
>>
the miley cyrus stuff has been truly pathetic and just a big turn off, from someone who absolutely loves the flips
>>
>>64481902
That dude a turd
>>
I still like the Flaming Lips and Wayne amuses me. I just hope they can make something good again
>>
>24 hour song
>>
File: debutart_oliver-hibert_23242.jpg (623 KB, 553x560) Image search: [Google]
debutart_oliver-hibert_23242.jpg
623 KB, 553x560
i really hated this when i first heard it

but ive come around and its not that bad, and in some ways rivals the experimentation of the original

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILN9XhBIZ7A
>>
>>64481902
Before Miley Cyrus I would have let him fill me holes without a second thought, and I would have let him fill me up with his love nectar until it comes (no pun intended) out of my ears.

After Miley Cyrus I just don't feel like he's the same man whose flesh snake I had previously wanted to feel in my anal labyrinths.
>>
>>64483689
listening to this on cough syrup was fucking mindblowing the whole concept made so much more sense and the songs got 100% weirder and more insane, i really changed my mind after that
>>
>>64483742
Hahaha L.O.L.
>>
>>64483689
>>64483820
their post- the terror albums have a very ketamine/DXM/dissociative vibe to them, very dark stuff

as someone whos done a lot of dxm experimenting i like it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sDM5evFNLI
>>
>>64483875
xd
>>
>>64483820
interesting, im on dxm right now, think I'll give it a whirl
>>
>>64484189
listen when you peak
>>
>>64484212
>>64484290
oh shit im feeling it
>>
>>64485481
>>
He gets depressed drunk at parties and makes everyone leave
>>
>>64486515
How do you know ?
>>
They are a very inconsistent band and a poor mans Mercury rev
>>
>>64486953
Mercury Rev is pretty inconsistent too
>>
>>64487282
He clearly doesn't know shit if his only reference for criticism is immediately comparing them to Donahue's band, Montie is the resident retard here just ignore him
>>
>>64486953
They have better albums but the flips catalog is much more consistent in quality and more worth while
>>
its just embarrassing now
>>
>>64486953
Mercury Rev has 4 albums worth anything.
>>
>>64487381

Almost all of the trips after like 2010 are pretty much retarded, except for like Sharethreadguy. Dude was legit, tracked down so many hard to find albums for me.

>>64487406

Yeah just because they change their sound a lot doesn't say anything about the quality. Hell they started out as a punk band.

As for the miley cyrus thing Wayne can be friends with whoever the hell he wants, ease up on the mindless hate.
>>
>>64487711
Why the fuck did he associate himself with her? It's just fucked up his indie cred.
>>
>>64488056
I'd lose far more respect for him if I thought he cared about his 'indie cred'
>>
>>64482060
awful armpits, i cant wank to this
>>
>>64486953
>poor man's Mercury Rev
>Rev was founded by a former Lips member and a guy who got his start producing Lips albums
>they never had a fraction of the commercial or critical success

that is amazingly backwards
>>
>>64486953
Mercury Rev haven't made a great album since Boces, a good album since See You On the Other Side, or a decent album since All Is Dream.
>>
>>64488280
Of course the Flaming Lips never did anything as good as Yerself is Steam or Boces.

but i still love the soft bulletin
>>
Well, at least they're the most important band of 2016
>>
>>64488317
>implying

I don't think Mercury Rev has even made an album on par with Under The Western Freeway

then again few have
>>
>>64488327
True
>>
Shitty music is the first reason

Even worse, this guy is a living "DUDE LE WACKY NOVELTY MAN" living meme, it's embarrassing and insufferable. Bad.
>>
>>64482255
is this like...a real thing that people get upset over? you genuinely lost respect for them for that?
>>
>>64488596
Yoooo
>>
>>64488056

Why does it matter so much to you? Are you a fan on that superficial of a basis?
>>
>>64488564

Not quite as embarrassing or insufferable as this post.
>>
Wayne's turned into a chump. Leaving Michelle and firing Kliph were the two things that told me the honeymoon was over. Wayne's a different person than he was 20 years ago, and not in a positive way, like he's having a mid-life Crisis 15 years too late.
>>
>>64488914
>>
>>64488914
the way he did Michelle was shit but Kliph was obviously a tool
>>
>>64488989
My belle ;^>
>>
>>64489117
Hhhh
>>
>>64482255
weird, i got a lot of respect for miley cyrus when she began working with them
>>
>>64486953
>montie
>>
>>64488056
>It's just fucked up his indie cred.
kill yourself
>>
Wayne Coyne has hit like Dave Grohl level obnoxiousness as of late.
>>
I think the guys started back up doing heroin and hardcore LSD use. I know Steven has and everything they do is very incoherent.
The Terror was good, but it wasn't their previous level of quality and I'm pretty worried that one of them is gonna be found dead in the next few months. Hopefully they can pull it together, musically and otherwise
>>
>>64490857
This too. Steve has always had substance abuse problems, but Wayne starting to experiment again means he has no place to keep Drozd from using heroin. Embryonic was the last album of there's I bought and it was definitely leaning towards incoherent and didn't sound finished.
>>
>>64488989
any sources on the kliph being a tool thing? he seems alright
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.