[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/hardvapour/ >If vaporwave (the Tumblr-beloved microgenre
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: a3500883684_10.jpg (129 KB, 896x896) Image search: [Google]
a3500883684_10.jpg
129 KB, 896x896
/hardvapour/

>If vaporwave (the Tumblr-beloved microgenre of pitch-shifted lounge music that sounds like a chopped-and-screwed mix of the Windows 95 start-up tone) sounds like glossy mall music transmitted from a futuristic virtual plaza, then hardvapour sees that plaza hijacked by a group of Balkan cyberpunks, hacking into the tannoy and blasting out gabber as they throw shapes in the strobelight.
>>
File: 43.png (145 KB, 292x316) Image search: [Google]
43.png
145 KB, 292x316
>hardvapour
>>
>hardvapour
>that shit description

the lengths uncreative people will go to (falsely) appear inventive....give it up, you're not some genre starting genius.
>>
File: 1460684474201.png (332 KB, 370x507) Image search: [Google]
1460684474201.png
332 KB, 370x507
when i first heard of hardvapour i got super excited cause i thought it would be like super banging 90's gabber with like weird ass spooky russian vocal samples and vaporwave stuff. Then i listened to EOWR and was so dissapointed.
>>
>>64428855
Nevermind the label - don't judge book by its cover. But the music itself is pretty dope - https://youtu.be/EKdrO-cmICY
>>
>>64428917
It's not my description, it's from Dazed and Confused magazine website
>>
>>64428747
FUCK OFF WOLFENSTEIN
HARDVAPOUR IS SHIT

>>64428951

IT'S JUST SHITTY GABBER

IT'S
JUST
SHITTY
GABBER

YOU WANT US TO JUDGE THE BOOK BY ITS COVER AND THINK THAT THE CYRILLIC LETTERS ARE A SUPER-DUPER COOL ALTERNATIVE TO CHINESE SYMBOLS

YOUR PITIFUL ATTEMPTS TO DISTANCE YOURSELF FROM VAPORWAVE ONLY RESULT IN EMBARRASSMENT.
>>
>>64428951
I've listened to the music. Dry ass techno that isn't even reminiscent of cyberpunk. I'm glad it died with the speed of which it was conceived.
>>
>>64428979
Even worse, honestly
>>
>>64429034
Can you rec some more cyberpunkish music then?
>>
>>64429115
Sure thing my friend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B3WvSWCRwA
>>
>>64429115
Any kind of industrial music (apart from martial industrial) is cyberpunk as fuck.
People have been doing cyberpunk music for decades, since even before "cyberpunk" was a thing.
But the most cyberpunk shit to ever happen to music is digital hardcore
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5ENnjwE0TE

And obviously there's cyber metal, cybergrind, and (in a very edgeless way) Djent.

Also, Vaporwave, to a small degree.
>>
File: solarkult.png (680 KB, 668x1300) Image search: [Google]
solarkult.png
680 KB, 668x1300
>>64429115
Blacklodge - Solarkult
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.