[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone listening to the new fall of troy album? I was surprised
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: ok.jpg (121 KB, 745x745) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
121 KB, 745x745
anyone listening to the new fall of troy album?
I was surprised that they are still making music. pretty excited, even if the new album isn't that great.
>>
>even if the new album isn't that great.
Really? I'm loving it, Tomas' guitar work is fantastic and always, and I thought they were able to blend the new breed of psychedelic influenced progressive post-hardcore scene well with their previously established sound.
>>
>>64426302
its growing on me, manipulator and doppleganger are some of my favorite albums of all time so i have high standards for tfot.
I'll listen to anything Erak makes though. I agree that his guitar is on point like always.
I'm always amazed at how clean and frantic he can sound. I can't replicate it at all.
>>
>>64426385
Which do you prefer? I know Doppelganger is widely regarded as perfection in the scene, but personally I like Manipulator more. It's able to do something a lot of bands aren't in experimenting with so may sounds and having something to all over the place come together in such a cohesive manner.
>>
>>64426628
i prefer the rawness of manipulator. I can't really find anything like it.
It might also be because i've listened to doppleganger so much that manipulator sounds slightly fresher.
>>
I'm glad they aren't just trying to appease certain fans by trying to emulate their old sound. They have embraced a new direction and honestly it's pretty good listening. Would like to see them push away from their old stuff even more.
Would also love if they went for a more free form flow in the future instead of verse corus repeat etc
Lyrically it's not too strong but everything else is top notch.
>>
>>64427321
The word "lyrically" doesn't mean "in terms of lyrics".

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/lyrically
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lyrical
>>
>>64427606
Thanks pal.
Nevertheless the lyrics could do with being less repetitive.
>>
>>64426195
I came to /mu exactly to find this thread haha
It´s pretty good, IMO. It seems to take off from where they left off with Manipulator, but kinda "looking into the future" as if ITUE hadn´t happened.

It´s got some new stuff to it, influences from all their past stuff (I ain´t feeling the self-titled much, though), and although up til now I´ve found the drumming weaker than other stuff, Thomas is rippin´ it like it´s nothing. So glad he´s still got it.

For reference, my favorite is Doppleganger with Manipulator as an extremely close second. I like all their stuff and have even grown pretty fond of In The Unlikely Event over years of spinning it. I think it is a great album! Even though, I´m glad they didn´t follow that sound and make an ITUEpt.II
>>
>>64427804
I agree and would go a step farther, cutting out the vocals entirely would make the album much better.
>>
>>64428380
>much better
Maybe for some of the songs. Or maybe if they just removed certain segments of vocals.
I love some of the vocals, for instance I could of been your saviour, but gods(cunts?) don't settle down or the scremed hook in inside out.
>>
>>64428434
I just have a very low tolerance for screamed vocals, more of a personal thing. For me it just cheapens the music and sounds juvenile, especially with his voice.
>>
>>64428548
P.S. by screamed I mean "screamo style", not animalistic shouts, normal screaming, etc..
>>
it's pretty good. I can never stop listening to their ghost ship ep though
>>
>>64428548
>sounds juvenile
Amen to that. I'm always so ashamed if people ever ask about what I listen to.
>>64428794
Weren't they like 17 when they recorded that, fucking unreal.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.