[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why has Panda been such a fucking hack lately? Everything he's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
Why has Panda been such a fucking hack lately? Everything he's done since MPP has been trash
Tomboy: shit
Centipede: rosie oh was god awful but album was good
PBvsGR: boring shit
His songs ruined PW. Did the deak keep him in check? When will he take a hiatus so anco can release a good album again?
>>
Imagine he'd just quit music after MPP. Imagine his last two creative works were Person Pitch and MPP. He'd be hailed almost unanymously as a musical god
>>
Deak sucked the talent out of him
>>
He's just making what he wants to make.

Before he was making stuff that was more in line with peoples' general tastes, now he isn't. Nothing has changed on his end, folks.
>>
Tomboy: god-tier
Centipede: rosie oh was god-tier and the album was 10/10
PBvsGR: 10/10
>>
PBvsGR and Painting With are harshly underrated, and the Boys Latin vocal style is actually pretty cool imo.
>>
>>64421270
Person Pitch wasn't in line with anyone's tastes at the time. It was a completely novel album that helped lead to chillwave and the vaporwave/plunder phonics stuff that's big right now
>>
I'm sure it had something to do with Sonic Boom being a producer and collaborator on both Tomboy and PBvGR. If you've ever heard Spacemen 3 you can tell how Sonic Boom might have influenced Panda's output after Person Pitch and MPP.

This is a demo tape of a lot of Grim Reaper era tracks early in their development.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Jpqbftdrw

You gotta wonder how this tape ended up turning into the output of the current PB era. Potentially... Sonic Boom's influence?
>>
>>64423578
some of the tracks ended up being better, some didn't

at the end of the day I like to think that the demos are just different and not better, both versions of each song with their pros and cons

I would say, however, that anyone who wants to get into Panda Bear should listen to the Grim Reaper demos as a necessity
>>
>>64423578
Also I forgot to include I actually really like Tomboy, Grim Reaper, CHz, etc. Just feel like maybe Panda isn't living up to his full potential.

Definitely feel Avey had the better tracks on PW as well.
>>
>rosie oh was god awful

stopped reading there
>>
>>64421030
>>64423711
The entire album was terrible except for Amanita and maybe Applesauce. 7.4 was a generous score.
>>
>>64423740
>listens to what pitchfork has to say
are you retarded
>>
>>64423740
>New Town Burnout
>Pulleys
>Moonjock
>Rosie Oh
>bad

kys
>>
>>64423821
It's funny, because those are literally my Top 4 from the album.
>>
Wide Eyed is the best AnCo song of all time. OF ALL TIME
>>
>>64423923
Nope, the best AnCo song is a tie between People, De Soto De Sun, Loch Raven and Alvin Row
>>
File: 1454917770011.gif (2 MB, 245x207) Image search: [Google]
1454917770011.gif
2 MB, 245x207
>>64421030
>he named himself after a desiigner song
>>
>>64423868

Great taste m8
>>
File: crosswords.jpg (967 KB, 1902x869) Image search: [Google]
crosswords.jpg
967 KB, 1902x869
>Tomboy: shit
wew
>Centipede: rosie oh was god awful
wew
>PBvsGR: boring shit
debatable, seeing as Crosswords is god tier
>>64423923
>>64424080
i think that anyone with any smidge of self respect will know that Safer is the best Anco song
>>
>>64423295
this. panda has always made whatever he wanted, person pitch just happeneed to be amazing. person pitch along with some ariel pink albums influenced people like james ferraro and opn, for sampling and lofi stuff.
>>
>all the tomboy hate
i just don't get it. have you guys heard benfica? or alsatian darn?
>>
>>64425165
glad to see some people like pbvgr and tomboy. I remember when I heard cosplay, that shit was good fun, I started laughing and smiling when I heard the lyrics. Panda bear is just having a good time.
>>
>>64425814
speaking of which I never realized how much cosplay sounds like a spacemen 3 song
>>
File: Panda-Bear-Greeting-the-Reaper.jpg (142 KB, 1146x770) Image search: [Google]
Panda-Bear-Greeting-the-Reaper.jpg
142 KB, 1146x770
>>64425920
gee i wonder why
>>
New Town Burnout is far and away the best song on CHz and
>his songs ruined PW
stop this meme

His songs could've been better, the main issue being the hocketing is completely run into the ground, but his only bad song is Natural Selection. Summing the Wretch is goat.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.