[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are 16-year-olds making much, much better music than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: 1459264990902.gif (1 MB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1459264990902.gif
1 MB, 540x540
>there are 16-year-olds making much, much better music than you
>the kind of stuff you'd never even imagine making
music for this feel pls
>>
git gud
>>
>>64420081
name one
>>
>>64420081
actually most of the people making music are making much worse music than you. Believe in yourself, man.

Let's say you take soundcloud as an example. I just make hip hop instrumentals, and 99.9% of everyone making hip hop on soundcloud are making boring trap beats. The ones that aren't are making dusty 90s nostalgia bullshit that isn't even good. Of course, you have the weirdos making weird music that is bad 9 times out of 10 and theyll have that one cool track with good ideas. The rest of the beatmakers are just obsessed with compression, flying lotus, and j dilla impersonations. Boring.

If its not hip hop, you have edm producers who I dont even see as "competition" as NEWSFLASH most edm producers are horrendously corny and unoriginal. The good edm producers are making wonderful, innovative shit but even they can be lacking in ideas or the sound department.

Rock? Forget about it. The rock you hear is contrived garbage garage shit, and when it's not that, it's a different type of contrived garbage. The big thing right now is retro obsession, so sounding like totally 80s dude XD is cool, or 60s, or whatever decade thats not this one.

Then you get onto vaporwave, easy as shit to make, highly unoriginal. Just more retro circlejerking.

The thing I realized is, no matter what I hear, even if they are better producers, arrangers, engineers, I have a quality they don't. The balls to be myself, and that makes me infinitely more valuable.
>>
>>64420922
you're just talking to yourself
>>
>>64420922
I agree with this.

Most people are desperately, desperately looking to conform in any and every way possible. Even a little bit of independent though sets you miles apart.

That being said, OP is probably one of those people, so he's probably right about himself.
>>
>>64420947
You just talked to me
>>
>>64420972
I am you (but I'm not him)>>64420947
>>
>>64420778
Iglooghost.
He's actually 17 but whatever.
>>
>>64421053
I knew it.

He's not that good, man. Relax. I mean his last EP was just a mess. Just break down what's going on in his songs and you'll see there's not much to them.

Also, I don't know enough about this (and neither do you based on what you're saying), but he's drawing off of a lot of pre-established stuff in the LA electronic music scene.

The most brilliant thing about him his is aesthetic, which does not count for nothing, by the way. Not at all.
>>
>>64421053
Tim and shim
>>
>>64421053
He's ight. Cool little sounds going on but nothing you can't easily transcend. Using/abusing 808s like everyone else
>>
File: 1461351608513.jpg (26 KB, 571x547) Image search: [Google]
1461351608513.jpg
26 KB, 571x547
>>64420922
>Rock? Forget about it. The rock you hear is contrived garbage garage shit, and when it's not that, it's a different type of contrived garbage. The big thing right now is retro obsession, so sounding like totally 80s dude XD is cool, or 60s, or whatever decade thats not this one.
>>
>>64421020
I Am S/H(im)e[r] As You Am S/H(im)e[r] As You Are Me And We Am I And I Are All Our Together.
>>
All that means is they're blowing their wad early op. I know a guy who didn't write a song until he was 20 and he's good. If you're original at all that already separates you from 90% of the people out there
>>
>>64421241
Nice meme

but

>acting as if Im wrong

Rock has no testosterone its all omega whining shite. I bet you like Tame Impala
>>
>>64421300
>meme impameme

there's a lot of good rock stuff, stop being a retard
>>
>>64421300
Rock is definitely worse than it used to be but there are plenty of decent bands still out there.
>>
>>64421241
metal doesnt count now as its devolved into
1. overproduced djent
2. overproduced metalcore
3. throwback bands

and then stuff like deafheaven who are overrated because they do something mildy exciting. Old dinosaur bands like Converge don't count either.
>>
>>64421385
>>64421365
I always love these arguments because they never actually lead me to a new exciting rock band. Well let's hear it lads.
>>
>>64421452
If you like Tame Impala you'd probs like King Gizz and Deerhunter.

Shit, I'm so unprepared for someone actually asking for recs.

Is this /mu/?
>>
>>64421452
That new teen suicide record's not bad. Sheer mag kick ass too
>>
>>64420922
A little pessimistic, don't you think?
>>
Try harder then.
>>
>>64421385
The last great rock band was The Mars Volta. The only interesting bands still going that aren't revivalist are Swans, Zs and Kayo Dot, maybe a handful more. 'Decent' doesn't really cut it.
>>
>>64420778
Avey Tare at 16 writing STGSTV
>>
>xxyyxx made his debut album at 18
Kill me.
>>
>>64422746

oh it shows
>>
>>64422704
>tfw this beautiful shit came from a fucking 16-year-old
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvnGlY41cmE
why live ;_;
>>
>>64422649
Music does not have to be serious to be good.
>>
When I was 16 I thought I was hot shit for making such "experimental" pop music. I really thought I was panda bear or Brian Wilson or some shit

Then I realized it was unstructured musical jibberish that just moved from idea go idea

Go to music school kids, follow the rules for a while if you really want to break them
>>
>>64420922
i fucking hate how everyone soudns the same doing the exact same styles with LITERALLY the same sounds. its boring as fuck.

like how Desiigner Panda was able to be #1 and blow up is dissapointing as fuck. that song is boring as fuck and he's copying Future 110% right down to the flow and adlibs even. its disgusting.
>>
>>64423889
>Go to music school kids

haha fuck you I go to music
>>
>>64423911
Consumerism music industry at its finest
>>
>>64423808
Who said that?
>>
>>64423752
>>64422704
The only song written by Avey when he was 16 out of that record was Penny Dreadfuls, everything else he wrote when he was 19. Get your facts straight please.
>>
>>64423940
>>64423889
FUCKING REKT. Really though just go to music. Listen to it. Learn it yourself. You have the fucking internet. There's no need to go to college for it unless you plan to have it on a resume.

>>64422746
xxyyxx is a prime example of the music I'm talking about lol

He used a fl studio default vocal sample, and it sounds like shit. I remember listening to his music and cringing because I knew I could do it but wasn't lazy enough to be so uninspired.

>>64422649
this

>>64423808
mars volta definitely has a touch of humor to their stuff, and swans from my understanding is sometimes humorous.

>>64423911
Yeah that song is just an indication of both how low the musicians and the fans have stooped. I understand the song is "a party song" but its so generic. Just another Coco or Hot Nigga.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.