[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /mu/ hate him?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7
File: Pantano2.png (674 KB, 606x611) Image search: [Google]
Pantano2.png
674 KB, 606x611
Why does /mu/ hate him?
>>
he's a faggot sociopath /mu/tant with basic as fuck taste and the most cancerous following on this entire board
>>
>>64418712
He's nothing more than the average /mu/ user. I think he browses here too. We hate him because of people who take his opinion too much seriously. He probably doesn’t know shit about jazz and classical, too.
>>
They are jealous of the fact that people actually listen to his opinions on music.
>>
He is to music criticism as McDonald's is to food
>>
he gets praise and money for literally just being the average /mu/tant
hence the average /mu/tant hates him out of a mix of jealousy and deep-seated self-loathing
>>
Cuz unlike the crap you get to read out here, his opinion has a face.
>>
>>64418792
>hence the average /mu/tant hates him out of a mix of jealousy and deep-seated self-loathing
you're reaching too far for the low hanging fruit, he's a clueless and shitty reviewer and people parrot his opinion like it's the word of jesus
>>
>>64418788
this. he cannot be considered as a critic, which in my language means, that i critisize something.
>>
He isn't anything special, but he is still better than Scaruffi. AT least Fantano talks about how music makes him fell.
>>
>>64418945

Scaruffi is 100 times better at explaining why he likes music than Fantano.

Fantano literally says things like "MONSTROUS SWAGGER" and "FARTY SYNTHS" and "SWEATY SAX SOLOS". He's a joke.
>>
his music reviews are not very insightful, he has pretty pedestrian taste, he seems pretty obnoxious outside of his music review videos and he seems like a genuinely shitty person.

his obnoxious fanbase doesn't really help, but good for him for making a career out of this i guess
>>
his tastes are shit

but last time I checked /mu/ loved him
>>
>>64418712
because he has a stupid face
>>
>>64419012
I talk to him in twitter DMs from time to time and I can say that this is absolutely not the case

if you're referring to his second meme-y channel, I can totally see where you're coming from tho
>>
>>64418712
cuz they ain't him
>>
>>64418945
>He hasn't read scaruffi's writings on krautrock
nice try fantanocuck
>>
>>64418712
That haircut pisses me off so much, holy shit
>>
>>64418945
He's articulate and clear but his personality sucks.
>>
>>64418712
he votes for sanders
>>
(mostly) shit taste.
>>
>>64419946
i've seen him be pretty hostile and obnoxious to people who disagree with him. i don't think he takes criticism well, though i'm sure you have you've had a different experience

anyways, just answering ops question. i dont really care enough about him to hate him. just giving my reasons why im not a fan
>>
I quite enjoy him.
>>
>>64420230
This. He has the personality of your average underaged /mu/tant except he's 30 years old.

It's not a surprise that underaged /mu/tants are his fanbase.
>>
>>64419012
>>64420327
oh yes, and i forgot, his comedy is pretty bland. ive never laughed at his cal character... its okay that he's not funny but he tries to incorporate too much humor into his videos

his second channel is even worse for this
>>
>>64420230
he's not that articulate compared to other reviewers
>>
>>64418712
he gave my favorite album a 6
>>
>>64418712
Woah really?

People used to take him seriously last year.
>>
>>64418712
Because you like him.
>>
>>64418792
>average /mu/tant

He far surpasses the average /mu/ user.
>>
>>64418756
how do i into jazz and classical
>>
>>64418712
because he's a cuck.
>>
>>64420925
>redpilled anti-feminist is a cuck
kek
>>
>>64418712
I used to like him a lot, but recently it feels like he's turned into a bit of a dick who can't take criticism well. His "Resist Capitalism" character was funny for about one video, but he's not stopping that because his main fanbase eats it up
>>
>>64418712
I don't, in fact it's the somewhat opposite for me. I think his reviews are decent and he's an usually informed reviewer who gives a taste for what you're in for. I don't agree with his top 10s but normally he has a great opinion when he's not pandering to what's hip in the indie scene/hip hop scene/whatever is hot with hipsters. What I do hate is the people who think his opinion is the word of god and that he's the only man in the world with an informed opinion.
>>
He seems like an utter cunt.

His roommate is cool tho
>>
>>64418788
I disagree. I'd say he's more like the Burger King of music criticism and that Pitchfork is the McDonalds. He actually knows somewhat about music, meanwhile Pitchfork gave Lil B a BNM just for having "All Black People Are Beautiful" as a song title and consistently misses the point of many albums held in regard at the time, usually going back to reviewing those albums 5 years later and giving them a higher scores cause "LOL ITZ A CLASSIC NOW XD".
>>
File: weez.jpg (175 KB, 1275x722) Image search: [Google]
weez.jpg
175 KB, 1275x722
His reviews are slowly descending into low quality b8. See this and his Deftones review.

I'm not even a particular fan of Pinkerton or Gore, but he really said nothing of value in either video. Purely clickbait, it's the YT equivalent of shitposting on /mu/
>>
Everyone on /mu/ looks at him and pretends they aren't like him at all
>>
ok, /mu/ hates him, what are better alternatives?
>>
>>64421917
forming your own opinions
>>
>>64421982
the right answer.
>>
>>64420887
>Fantan is literally in this thread
>>
why do you think he is an average /mu/ user? I mean I can see how you could say that to feel like "HIS TASTE AIN´T BETTER THAN MINE LEL" yet he always discuss far more variety of albums that the most of /mu/ does. I can understand how you could see his fanbase as mindless drones who just listen to his opinions but let's be fair it's all about getting people to discover new music so stop being so butthurt.
>>
He has relatively high production values for a music reviewer, which helps him immensely, but that's about all he has going for him. He has really shaky metrics for liking music, plus he refuses to accept that death grips is a meme long after even /mu/ finally did.

I find myself disagreeing with him on almost everything these days (his opinion on Language gave me cancer). I wouldn't call it hate tho.
>>
>>64418988
>>64418712

He literally didn't know what Faust meant: "I know there's a band Faust" in his video where he looked at the new death grips lyrics.
Summs up what an uncultured pleb he is. Or maybe its just an American thing?
>>
>>64422282
op asked why people didnt like him and people gave reasons. irony is youre the only one butthurt here that people dont like him

its not just his music taste, which doesnt deviate much from /mu/core, it's his behaviour. he talks in memes and is hostile to criticism. he spends way too much time and effort fighting "sjws" to pander to his 4chan userbase
>>
>>64418712
/mu/ loves him but hates his oppinions
>>
Quint > Fagtanno
>>
The last time I tired to watch a Fantano video he had that retarded Canadian character and it reminded me too much of shit tier youtube humour like h3h3 and filthyfrank so I can't really take him seriously.
>>
Nothing against Fagtano. But I do have an issue that swallow his opinions up without a second thought.

If I want to know if I like something I'll listen to it, not listen to someone else talk about it.
>>
File: faptano.png (663 KB, 626x830) Image search: [Google]
faptano.png
663 KB, 626x830
>Say some naughty language

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxvycOdW9yU&t=4m30s
>>
>>64423208
4:30, link fucked up for some reason
>>
>>64423208
dude hosts sargon and berates children on his podcast lmao
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFN1bk2AQew
>>
>>64418712
It's got to be because he's a meme. He's a a human meme and people hate seeing his face over and over and memes
>>
>>64421609
Yeah, I kind of snapped when I saw this video
His arguments on why blue is better than pinkerton are pretty shit
>Surf wax america is a hilarious song about surfing to work instead of taking the car
>Pink triangle is just a song about being in love with someone who happens to be a lesbian
(or something along those words)

I could easily use the exact opposite reasoning , and therefore claim that pinkerton is better.

>Pink tirangle is a hilarious song about being in love with someone who turns out to be a lesbian
>Surf wax america is just a song about surfing to work, it does not have that much substance compared to any of the pinkerton tracks

Pinkerton is objectively better than blue

(but honestly I don't care what people think i just love pinkerton)
>>
>>64418712
I gained a little respect for him after learning he is skeptical of SJWs and neo-feminism but all the same he's just some dude who listens to a lot of music and expresses himself fairly well but lacks substance in his reviews, has no real musical education, nothing to qualify him as a reviewer above any other kid with a big record collection
>>
I don't really care about him either way, but his Born This Way review is well funny desu
>>
>>64422542
>>64418712

this here. he said 'cultural marxism' once, and i never looked back.
>>
>>64423648
*yawn*
>>
File: 1458412221362.jpg (122 KB, 672x960) Image search: [Google]
1458412221362.jpg
122 KB, 672x960
>>64423955
Kill Yourself you worthless cuck
>>
>>64423925
This
>>
>>64421095
He's a racemixer.
>>
File: 1369714101024.jpg (16 KB, 332x333) Image search: [Google]
1369714101024.jpg
16 KB, 332x333
>>64425448
>not liking ebony beauties
>>
>>64418788
>>64421600
Don't consider him a chain, he wants that equivalent, he is that shitty restaurant you go to because everything else around you is generic and it starts out fine and then after it gets popular they change up the menu and start making meals that they think will get them more customers but they lessen the quality of ever meal until one day you get food poisoning and stock eating there. You go back to it from time to time, but each time is worse than before, all the old customers and actual restaurants in the area treat the place as a joke. The Needle Drop Cafe and Bistro may look fancier than it used to, but you're eating shit now and you know it.
>>
>>64418712
well his hair is absolutely fucking retarded, it looks like he put a fucking napkin on his head or flattened a hamster
>>
>>64425584
>>64425448

They broke up ;_;
>>
File: abstract feel.jpg (56 KB, 636x640) Image search: [Google]
abstract feel.jpg
56 KB, 636x640
>>64422151
>you have likely shitposted dozens of times along anonthony /mu/tanto
>>
>>64418712
He's pretty much the living embodiment of /mu/. And he advertises here too
>>
>>64428124
was it because he's a meme loving cuccboi
>>
>>64428124
When was this?
>>
>>64418712
I've just seen him regurgitate opinions of anons in his reviews. ye people can have the same opinion but sometimes it's almost word for word Kind of sus in my opinion but besides that I don't really care
>>
File: 1458491115282.jpg (98 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
1458491115282.jpg
98 KB, 400x533
So if this guy sucks, what other reviewers are there that are better?
>>
>>64428567
Any of them
>>
>>64428567
https://www.youtube.com/user/dereckvon/videos
>>
>>64422520
>Trying this hard to make fantano look bad
>Using buzz words
>>
>>64423925
Did he seriously say 'cultural marxism'
Fucking kek we got him to use stormcuck rhetoric.
>>
>>64428674
Eh, Derek seems like a nice guy, but his reviews are often really surface-level, and it always seems like he's just trying to showcase his tastes in music rather than the music itself. Plus he always just rambles on interminably. It can be fun to put on in the background and just listen to him vamp on shit, as long as he doesn't get too depressing.
>>
Why does act/edit his video in such a fucking weird way? Fucking weirdo
>>
>>64428941
>Weirdo
>Browses 4chan
Stupid
>>
>>64428824
yeah

he bought into the cuck meme and made about 50 videos where he pretended to be PC principal from south park
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.