[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I burn a CD from a FLAC file? I mean I have everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: Mark Hollis.png (86 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Mark Hollis.png
86 KB, 1280x800
How do I burn a CD from a FLAC file?
I mean I have everything in a folder (CUE file, flac file etc) like in pic and I've Exact Audio Copy installed, but I don't know how to do it.
Any help is appreciated
Will provide link to the album if anyone's interested
Thanks in advance
>>
CDburnerXP
>>
>>64416538
Thanks
Do I just put the flac file with the cue sheet there?
>>
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 904x1146) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 904x1146
>>64416351
RAN OFF ON DA PLUG TWICE!
>>
It won't work. You need to convert to mp3 and then you can burn.
>>
>>64416696
but most of my cd players don't play mp3s
what if I converted flac to wav?
>>
>>64416724
>most CD players don't play mp3
Most do, out at least all of the 10 players I've owned do.
>>
>>64416696
>>64416351
dont listen to that bum
>>
>>64416573
there should be "create audio disc" or something similar and then you simply drag the .flac file in that bottom window and hit "burn"
>>
>>64416770
Yea this guy is probably right. I'm not an expert on it, but I use to burn a bunch of CDs to play in the car.
>>
>>64416811
will it keep the tracklisting tho?
because it is one large file now

>>64416828
will probably use it in the car too
>>
>>64416840
I burned my CDs as an audio disc, Judy using the basic Windows program and it worked fine. I had to burn it all as mp3 or else it wouldn't play.
>>
>>64416696
>cds are supposed to be for really high quality digital audio
>let's convert the audio to fucking mp3 first
>>
>>64416840
>will it keep the tracklisting tho?
there is no reason it shouldn't. you will have the audio stream of that file 1:1 on that CD. I mean, just burn a CD and see for yourself
>>
>>64416902
>thinking that you're going to be able to hear the difference between a flac and mp3 file on most car speakers.
I mean if you're playing it through high quality speakers or headphones, sure it may make a difference. But average car speakers, no. And if you are listening to a CD on a CD player with headphones, why wouldn't you just listen to it on your phone, dedicated audio player, or your computer. It's 10x more practical to do that instead of carrying around a case of CDs and a CD player.
>>
>>64416696
The fuck are you on triplad? I burn FLAC all the time.
>>
>>64418093
Eh, I guess my CD players are just bum. Mp3 is the only thing that has worked for me.
>>
>>64418030
Assuming their car has a CD player with an AUX or USB input. The way I see it is you're already taking a chance of it being shit tier audio with MP3...who knows what kind of VBR nonsense they did to it. At least if you're going with FLAC it's probably pretty decent you know?
>>
>>64418166
I put flac on my phone, but I see what you're saying. I don't think it would make much of a difference, as long as you do a high quality transcode. It's whatever you want though.
>>
>>64418166
Also I'm saying convert it yourself, don't get someone else's bad transcode. If you do it yourself it should turn out fine.
>>
/mu/ is not tech support.
Nor is /g/
>>
>>64418587
Normally id agree, buthe wants help and it's not like these kind of threads are spammed so there's no harm in helping him out this time. Now if it becomes a problem where a lot of tech support threads are being made, then we shohld stop helping people.
>>
>>64418671
No different than a thread with just OP asking "anyone got a link?"

>OP still using Winamp

Lmao
>>
>>64418717
No it is different. /mu/ provides it's users with a lot of information on how to obtain music through the wiki and it is often discussed on the board where is best to get music. There are no resources, that /mu/ provides, for this kind of stuff. That's what I think makes the difference and makes it okay for every once in a while there to be a tech support thread.
>>
>>64418814
You just explained what the sticky (that no one reads) provides. No one really goes on the wiki either and it hasn't been updated in forever. You have the archive, but that's not actually endorsed by 4chan. You're enabling spoonfeeding people download links to something that could probably be found googling the album followed by "zip" (rar would probably require too much effort for them to extract) or torrents or fucking soulseek (which results in "is it safe?" posts).

>spoonfeeding
>>
OP here
I've been in mu since 2013 and know everything I do thanks to the sticky
It helped me find new music and find out everything about file types etc

I don't think there's anything about cd burning there
Also I was really polite in the OP and didn't try to shitpost, spam or anything else

It was simply a genuine question

Anyway thanks guys and thank you Spidermand
>>
>>64418971
I've only ever seen 2 "is it safe" threads. I'm on here a lot too. You're right the wiki hasn't been updated a lot, except for the charts I see a few new charts weekly. The guides for finding music still are relevant though. Also just becuase people don't use it doesn't mean it isn't provided for them. It's there own fault of they shitpost not knowing that there wiki would have given them the info. I have never said I endorse people asking for links. As I have explained before, all the needed resources for finding music are posted on the wiki, even the archive. You can often find me in "how do I get into x" threads telling the OPs to look at the wiki before posting. Also, even though the archive is not officially endorsed, it is a well known tool that is referenced in threads everyday. Now onto the topic of small tech support things like this. There are no provided resources, meaning that it can be harder to find this information. Little threads like this one that only get a few anons in them do not hurt the board, most die after about an hour becuase the question gets answered people just stop posting. If there was to become a large influx of these threads, I would say that you're right and that it's not /my/'s job to help. But helping an anon in need every once in a while is just fine.
>>
>>64419141
Yet you still haven't used foobar?
>>
>>64419657
Music bee(that's what he's using right? I've never used it so i don't know the logo)i s a good player, it really just comes down to preference. Foobar is nice with all its added features though.
>>
>>64419657
I use both but mostly prefer winamp because I used that since high school and I didn't have the time to learn all of foobar's features

And anyway I mostly listen to music on physical formats
>>
>>64419704
File icon is Winamp, which has been on hiatus for a long time.

Coincidentally Foobar is programmed by a former Nullsoft/Winamp coder and Soulseek is coded by a programmer for ye olde Napster.

Foobar and foo_burn plugin, problem solved OP. Don't forget to enable viewing extensions by known file types!
>>
>>64420086
I don't know what other features you are talking about other than the ricing and useful mass id3 tagger and rename.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.