[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Musical affirmative action needs to stop.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (423 KB, 987x1561) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
423 KB, 987x1561
Musical affirmative action needs to stop.
>>
>>64414671
Americans will get over their white guilt eventually.
>>
>>64414671
here you go friend
(You)
>>
File: 1456669972052.png (168 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1456669972052.png
168 KB, 400x400
Who gives a shit about popular music criticism anyway?
>>
>>64414720
Considering 80% of the threads on this board are because whats posted on Pitchfork, its relevant to here.
>>
>>64414671
>Musical affirmative action needs to stop.
So do you. You need to stop posting.
>>
File: 1461783718930.png (144 KB, 988x1110) Image search: [Google]
1461783718930.png
144 KB, 988x1110
>>64414671
>>
It says a lot about /mu/ that they're so baffled and offended by this.

I'll let you guys in a secret as to why this happened. They started hiring black people. When your editorial team is more diverse, the music you talk about also becomes more diverse. Crazy I know, try not to hurt yourselves thinking about it too hard.
>>
>>64414671
there should be a black and jewish quota at pitchfork imo, this is getting ridiculous, you're right montieboi
>>
>>64414671
>pitchfork
kill yourself redditor
>>
>>64414772
it would be interesting to see the share of black artists in their top songs of the year between 2005 to now.
>>
I don't see what the issue is
>>
>>64414941
ARE YOU BLIND my man?
BLACK PEOPLE [[[NIGGERS]]] OUTNUMBER WHITES!
THEY'RE FUCKING SJWS AT PITCHFORK AND THEY HATE THE WHITE ARYAN PEOPLE
>>
>>64414941
>>64415089
The issue is that they're blatantly pandering to progressive idiots like you two. Did black people suddenly have a massive increase in musical ability over the past couple of years? Or did the culture of music criticism change to better reflect your political opinions at the expense of insightful analysis...

You guys don't mind be you like being catered to and prefer discussing social issues over music.
>>
>>64415156
No, the musical ability was always there, it just wasn't recognized. Black genres and artists have been disrespected critically for years besides a select few and even then it's usually only the white washed equivalent which gets the praise. Do you seriously believe 90% of the best songs of an entire year are created by white people? That is what i would consider pandering to idiots like you
>>
>>64415377
This... lol black music has always been overlooked worldwide by inward-looking white journalists
>>
>>64415377
>>64415472
Black music has been slobbered over by white music journalists since the 60s. Do you guys seriously believe Young Thug and Rihanna are making the best music of 2015? Like I have to ask, do you have any sense of perspective or musical knowledge whatsoever? Do you understand how music is made and what intelligent music sounds like? I sincerely don't think you do, you both sound like high schoolers raised on pop music and progressive politics.

To the non-indoctrinated it's incredibly obvious that they are changing the way the review albums to highlight black artists for the sake of their simply being black rather than talented, but rather than question this decision like a good music fan, you sit back and enjoy it like a psued who bases his opinions in art around his political ideology and what's fashionable.
>>
It's just a short-term thing. People are praising blacks and women disproportionately for a while as a response for them being shit on for so long. it will come back to an equilibrium eventually. Try not to get too triggered in the meantime.
>>
>>64414671
I agree. Nig-nogs like you shouldn't be allowed to post on /mu/. Go away, Darkie !qhj6724hdka00e.
>>
>>64415561
this all the way. I mean p4k has the power of BNM to sway musical profits to whatever genre/scene they please. I think p4k used to be tolerable in the early 00's but as soon as they did BNM, they slowly faded into a political critique of music. This is also emphasized by them joining Condé Nast.

We need another musical superpower to counter-act p4k and bring forth a renaissance of musical criticism based on the beauty and goodness of the art itself.
>>
bait is how magazines get by these days
the survivors will be the mags with the best bait

this isn't going to improve any time soon
>>
>>64416190
kek, this is accurate as fuck
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.