[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on Maynard James Keenan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: maynard.jpg (812 KB, 1600x910) Image search: [Google]
maynard.jpg
812 KB, 1600x910
Talented, quirky musician or tryhard autist riding on others' skill
>>
>>64412841
where is this from OP
>>
Talented musician making money off of autistic tryhards
>>
>>64412850

Guitar hero launch
>>
An asshole who writes shitty faux-spiritual lyrics which usually mean fuck all. Shit sense of humour but he reckons himself a comedian. His redeeming quality is his fantastic singing ability.
>>
>>64412983

> "Mom, Mom! I wrote a song about fisting"
>>
>>64412841
>red pill me
no
>>
>>64413093

pls
>>
Guys a great singer and can be a very talented writer. As much as I love Tool and APC it really seems like he's enjoying doing Puscifer much more. Far less of everyone trying to find some deep meaning, less of his writing about nonsense psychology, and way less about his cripple of a mum. Shit's good, fun to listen to.
>>
>>64412983
>>64414612
this, Puscifer is his best work. Conditions of My Parole is genuinely a good album.
>>
>>64412841
Why not both? And I wouldn't say he's riding on anyone's skills. The dude's mad talented with his melodies. Sometimes that's all you need. At least for me. I love to look into lyrics sometimes but most times i'm about the experience instead of that fleshed out deeper shit.
>>
>>64414658
Yeah but the latest one and the first one was pretty fucking meh with some decent songs sprinkled in. Donkey Punch the Night Away was pretty good too.
>>
>>64414682
V for Vagina is honestly my favorite one of theirs, and their newest is probably my second.
>>
>>64412841
The best thing I got is that my bf's dad told me a story about how he watched Maynard get beat up and I hold onto it dearly.
>>
>>64414682
yeah the new one really wasn't good, and the interviews he gave in promotion of it made me hate him. i really only listen to Conditions of My Parole.
>>
>>64415179
details
>>
>>64415349

My bf's dad was at some sauna that was costly so had a few vague celebrities on its membership. He was making out at the back of one of the saunas and didnt realize that maynard was at the other side of the room talking to a friend, chatting about music and even humming some guitar melodies. My bfs dad asked him to keep it down a bit and maynard called him an asshole. So then apparently the other guy went over the keenan and just slapped him and told him to go somewhere more appropriate if he wanted to talk.

Apparently he had to slap him a few more times to get him to go. I know its not "beat up" fully, but still got his ass handed to him.
>>
>>64415439
Maynard seems fucked up enough to not take a slap like such a bitch, honestly.

Dude's an asshole though, even if his music's great.
>>
>>64415439
Not the OP of the original story post but this is way fucking better.
>>
>>64415439

>maynard just took several slaps and then left

yeah that didn't happen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO9GlJKPMzs
>>
>>64415508
hahaha damn i believed it
>>
>>64415645
God damn by the way he talks in this video it's no wonder he gets his ass kicked all the time.
>>
>>64415645

> Wasn't set up as an image thing

Yeah sure.
>>
>>64415680
I'd like to believe that Maynard exists through time and space getting his ass kicked on various planes of existence. Even if we'll never know for sure, we can always dream.
>>
>>64415645

Maynard's an expressed huge fan of wrestling, he's said that he had friends come out on stage so he could put on a bit of a show. He literally shaved his head for the first time to look like bautista.
>>
File: tumblr_m4zv6nf2fx1ql6oaso1_500.png (335 KB, 402x600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m4zv6nf2fx1ql6oaso1_500.png
335 KB, 402x600
regardless of whether the incident was staged, i was just trying to make the point that he's strong enough to pick up another man and throw him over his shoulder.

he's not exactly danzig but he's not bradford cox either. i don't think he was just take a slight like that lying down unless this dude is humongous
>>
>>64416070

Well he was lying down wasn't he, he was in a sauna.
>>
>>64412841

> guy says fuck the establishment but owns a winery
> says fuck the establishment while on the biggest label in the world
> literally calls his fans tools
> won't even face the audience while singing

Whatever talent this guy had he did away with a long time ago. Puscifer and A Perfect Circle suck more ass than a bug chasing faggot. His fans are usually not that far off in terms of faggotry.

That said some of his work here & there is excellent.

Don't wait around for any more Tool albums, that shit is finished until Maynard needs more cash to fund his hubris.
>>
D A L E

A

L

E
>>
he's a good singer. That's pretty undeniable.

What ever his other failings, it's important to keep in mind he never really considered himself a lifelong musician. If he seems pretentious or condescending toward his fans it's because he is. He wanted to be an artist and he's genuinely baffled that this goof is what earned him his place in history.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.