[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have over 500 GB of free space on my hard drive and 8 GB of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
I have over 500 GB of free space on my hard drive and 8 GB of RAM. yet I can’t record or play anything on garage band without getting the ‘’Disk too slow or system overload message’’
Garage band has always been annoyingly unreliable for me, but now it is completely useless all of a sudden and I have no idea why.
I’ve tried turning off all other apps, turning off my wifi, making my desk top as neat as possible, and even deleting old garage band projects and various other files on my computer (though I dont see why that would necessary seeing as how I have a lot of freespace) just to get more freespace
I’ve also tried locking all unused tracks, and selecting no plug-ins for each track.
What else can I do to optimize garage band or hopefully even kill this problem completely?
>>
What are your specs?

Also
>mac
>>
>>64406573
I have the same problem. pretty much can't have anything else open but garageband.
>>
Install Windows and get FL
>>
>>64406601
>>
>>64406601
>>
File: image.png (188 KB, 440x390) Image search: [Google]
image.png
188 KB, 440x390
>>64406573
>well it's a Mac to begin with
>>
>>64406701

>>64406634
Yeah, that’s used to fix the problem enough for me to have it work alright most of the time. But now it doesn’t work at all even with nothing else opened
>>
>>64406658
FL isnt for recording, stupid bitch
>>
>>64406573
SSD upgrade and get an external for the 1TB that's in there now. Its the only thing that worked for me. I fucked around in terminal for hours and this was the only fix I've found.
>>
>>64406757
One of the main reasons I got a Mac was because I thought it was awesome that Garage band was such a user friendly program. And I planned on getting Logic as well.

I still think garage band would be great, if it actually worked the way it was supposed to.
I’m starting to really regret getting a Mac.
I probably shouldnt have gotten a mac and should have just learned to use Audacity better, and even that has never worked very reliably on this lame ass computer.
I was just about to finish a bunch of songs I made, which I put a lot of time into, so I have no choice right now but to figure out how to get garage band working.
>>
>>64406573
It shouldn't be doing that given your specs. Maybe try reinstalling or updating?
>>
>>64406939
Pirate Logic Pro X
shit is great.
>>
>>64406917
Never heard of someone actually falling for the Mac meme and actually regretting it.
>>
>>64406888
I’ll keep that in mind. Hopefully there are other things I can try before spending the money I was saving for better recording gear.

>>64406939
I’ll try reinstalling garage band, I also have the latest version of garage band, and ever since I downloaded it, garage band was starting to work worse and worse each day. It didnt work perfectly before that either though.
>>
Still waiting for it to reinstall. Hopefully that helps

>>64406965
With how garage band is working, I imagine Logic will be even harder for the computer to work with.
And I find that pirated programs are less reliable as well. But I don’t really know shit about computers.
>>
>>64407881
After reinstalling,it seems like it might be better but I’m going to have to test it out and see if I can work with it.
>>
>>64408089
No, it still runs like shit. All that seemed to do was make it so that runs for about 30 seconds before getting the same dreaded message as opposed for only running for like 1-5 seconds like before
>>
>>64406888
Might have to do this. But i’m going to be so pissed if i do and it still doesn’t fucking work
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.