[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so I finally listened to this I liked a few tracks but this was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: memeweather_post_potato.jpg (162 KB, 316x319) Image search: [Google]
memeweather_post_potato.jpg
162 KB, 316x319
so I finally listened to this
I liked a few tracks but this was a bit too frantic for me. I really enjoyed the overall textures, tho.

should I listen to it a few more times to "get it?"
>>
It was a grower for me. AnCo has better albums
>>
>>64406110
the next anco album I wan t to listen to is stgstv, what's the consensus on this one? better than mpp?
>>
>>64406153
The best. AnCo fans collectively jizz themselves to spirit on a nightly basis, and for good reason.
>>
>>64406153
Yes, but it's a lot less accessible
>>
>>64406185
sweet, that's... good to hear?
I enjoyed deakin's solo thing, are there any anco albums that feature him more prominently?
>>
>>64406216
He had a vocal part on CHz and did a lot on Campfire Songs (not lead vocals though). And I think Feels, too.
>>
>>64406216
Listen to "wide eyed" from the centipede hz album
>>
>>64406271
wide eyed was my favorite track on chz lol. his voice on that was so soothing
>>
>>64406216
his guitar work is mostly prominent on feels and hcti(maybe not hcti, i think avey is the only one with guitar that album.) and campfire songs.

also check out person pitch and then come back to mpp.
>>
>>64406153
IT IS GOD TIER
>>
>>64406091
seemed like shit to me. strawberry jam was amazing, frisson with every song and captured some very bipolar moments. memetown pop parade lacked the direction & emotion and seemed like too much throwing shit at a wall. why does everything else anco seem shit compared to strawberry? listening to stgstv but it doesn't seem to be as raw as stuff like for reverend green or cuckoo cuckoo
>>
>>64407914
AnCo has a very varied catalog, comparing albums is useless. I like all of them, but their acoustic stuff is definitely best imo
>>
>>64407914
Textures in SJ were incredible. They haven't reproduce the same ones in any other subsequent album.

I can understand that they don't want to sound the same from album to album, but personnally, I think they were at their peak.

But MPP has its own charm. I really really like In The Flowers, Also Frightened and Lion in a Coma.
>>
>>64406091
Definitely give it a few more listens.
When it finally clicked for me, it felt almost perfect.

Strawberry Jam is worth a try too. It just feels so good when you get it.
>>
Listen to this a few more times, maybe check out their other albums. No two of their albums sound very similar to each other which is cool if you want variety
>>
>>64406153
It's my 2nd favorite (1st is mpp lmao) but if you want basically the opposite of mpp then spirits will be your shit
>>
P E R S O N
I
T
C
H
>>
>>64406216
Feels is the most deak/sleepcycle album

also, listen to Avey Tare's solo Down There if you like the sounds because it was produced by Deakin and imo sound a lot like sleep cycle
>>
>>64406091

no. anco is babbys first 'weird' music. anything they've tried to do someone else has already done years prior.
>>
>>64409977
>innovation as an inherent virtue

I'd rather judge my music by the music
>>
>>64409977
Give me examples for HCTI and SJ.
>>
>>64409977
Like who? And I don't like AnCo for the sake of weirdness, I think that's a strawman
>>
>>64410001
agreed. I've always liked them for being some really good "trippy" neo psych. not for being "omg so weird".
>>
>>64409923
Literally better than any anco album
>>
>>64409737
I would say that stg is very similar to mpp in the emotions it tries to convey although very different in sound
>>
>>64409923
TRY TO SHOW ME
>>
>>64406153
Its really not that good. Dont buy into the hype
>>
>>64406091
Definitely yes, don't let a bunch of fuckwits tell you it's "babbys first AnCo" or whatever.

It is quite dense but there is a lot to discover on repeated listens. People on here talk about Merriweather like its some top 40 simpleton bullshit but it's full of odd time signatures, layered vocal melodies and harmonies and busy textures.

Give it time and it will reward you in spades.
>>
>>64406091
Listen to it a few more times
Honestly it's the only album i've heard that's worthy of a 10/10
>>
I thought it was meh-tier until the 5th listen, then i realized it was a 10/10 god-tier masterpiece modern day pet sounds seriously
>>
I had never listened to AnCo before, and I hated it the first time I listened to it. Came back a few months later and gave it a listen, and finally "got" it. I really like AnCo, but it's not something I'll go out of my way to listen to anymore (at least not since we all listened to the Centipede Hz stream together)
>>
Listen to sung tongs and feels next, whichever one you like more will guide you where to go next. Their new album would be the next step if you wanted an even more pop sound.
>>
File: 1357597559886.png (557 KB, 916x1600) Image search: [Google]
1357597559886.png
557 KB, 916x1600
Forgot the chart
>>
>>64406153
It is THE BEST AnCo album
>>
Every album takes a least a few listens to fuckin "get it" lol wtf.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.