[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's Doug P's birthday
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: FB_IMG_1461806090559.jpg (182 KB, 1529x2048) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1461806090559.jpg
182 KB, 1529x2048
Happy birthday, Doug P.
>>
I can't wait to reblog this on my Tumblr full of images of brutalist architecture, Nazi artifacts, photos of John Balance and Loke Rahbek and shitty scans of 80s industrial cassettes.
You fucking faggot.
>>
>>64403693
For you
>>
muh piggy analogy
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMm0muZ7F5U
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8ompfAVRcQ
>>
>>64403693
Here's your (you)
>>
>>64403693
you're a little more familiar with tumblr than you should be.
>>
>>64403693
>>64403693
I can't wait to reblog this on my Tumblr full of images of Death Grips guy, memes, photos of Grimes and Lauren and shitty scans of my handmade memes.
You fucking faggot.
>>
File: 1460506844530.png (221 KB, 756x772) Image search: [Google]
1460506844530.png
221 KB, 756x772
is he going to die next?
>>
>>64405763
H-he might ;_;
>>
>>64403693
dont forget shitty arno breker sculptures
>>
>>64406204
>arno breker
>shitty
Oh fuck off.
>>
>>64406405
>muh brickjaw bland expressionless faces
no you fuck off
>>
>>64406405
please now tell me how it's intentional you fucking poseur
>>
>>64406433
Nah, you can fuck right off.

I'll take Arno's blandest sculpture to every mediocre, lousy piece of "abstract" art that's shown no sign of running its course.
>>
>>64403693

You forgot the COUM Transmissions fliers and quotes, futurist paintings, and Mishima quotes.
>>
>>64403693
Stop seeing music like fashion. /fa/ggots need to leave.

Acting like music is a fashion choice is the real cancer that's killing /mu/.
>>
>>64406516
/mu/ has no real interest in music other than as social capital. They also consume so much music so often that their ability to appreciate it becomes atrophied and the main goal is to just listen to more, less-known stuff.

They are also remarkably in love with off-kilter pop music for a board full of people who prize themselves in their passion for experimental music, and arguments here quickly devolve into "it sucks" / "no, it's good" / "no, it sucks" because nobody has any basic knowledge of music theory or ability to articulate their opinions beyond "feels."

The ones who are more informed or listen to academic music spend most of their time letting the rest of the board know that they do and using their taste as leverage to get their fifteen minutes of online pseudo-notoriety.

Ultimately /mu/ consists of people who aren't as weird as they think but make use of their ample free time and piracy to invest themselves in a hobby that makes them feel special or sophisticated, allowing them to mentally compensate for their lack of social skills and failures in concrete or academic pursuits.

The real kicker is that in the end the vast majority of /mu/ is a hivemind ruled by a handful of online tastemakers mostly concerned with maintaining a balance between supporting "alternative" pop that will appeal to misunderstood teenagers and maintaining their cred among bored college students who constantly torrent "experimental" music for their mild amusement, negating the cultivation of individual taste or critical thinking in relation to music.

It's a feedback loop of posturing, masturbatory attitudes, and enough layers of irony to suffocate any hope of meaningful conversation. This last element--irony--is vital to allowing /mu/ and similar collectives to ignore the reality of their situation and disregard posts as this one with little more than tongue-in-cheek one-word responses.

Deep down you all know you're going nowhere in life and this is all a farce.
>>
Oh boy, I'll make sure to blog about this after I reblog a Salo gif!
>>
>>64403644
Happy birthday you Poseur fuck
>>
>>64406580
Welcome to all forms of art appreciation. No one knows what's good or why, but damn if we aren't all angry as fuck about it.
>>
>>64403693
Found the rockist piece of shit.

Go back to /p4k/ or something you millenial fuckhead.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.