[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people hate Coldplay? Because its cool too? Have the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: coldplay.gif (250 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
coldplay.gif
250 KB, 800x600
Why do people hate Coldplay?

Because its cool too? Have they not heard Paradise?

It is the most beautiful song I have heard. If this was released by some indie unknown bandcamp band everyone would be all over it, but I guess since they are popular no one likes them.

>Paradise is music for mums to dance to on Ellen

Listen to Paradise, you don't have to listen to the whole song, just the chorus.

>The beautiful instrumental and background vocals
>That Para-para-paradise sending chills down your spine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G4isv_Fylg
>>
Its literally the perfect song
>>
Coldplay up until and including Viva La Vida is great

Everything else sucks
>>
>>64402335
Have you not heard Paradise? It gives me goosebumps
>>
Paradise sucks ass, but I do think Talk is fantastic. Coldplay will always be known as a wannabe Radiohead .
>>
>>64402248
>If this was released by some indie unknown bandcamp band everyone would be all over it
Personally I'd say great production value for a bandcamp, but the song is still boring as fuck.
>>
File: RljYJZvrXqGtYAT.jpg (187 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
RljYJZvrXqGtYAT.jpg
187 KB, 500x500
>One note chorus
>>
>>64402523
It is not boring, it is inspirational. If /mu/ hates boring music then why do they like vaporwave?
>>
>>64402556
We don't all like vaporwave m8.
>>
>>64402248
IN THE NIGHT THE STORMY NIGHT
AWAY SHE'D FLYYYYYYY
>>
>>64402582
And dreams of
Para-para-paradise
Para-para-paradise
Para-para-paradise
Oh oh oh oh oh oh-oh-oh

Beautiful
>>
>>64402469
Why? Aside from having a whiny vocalist who uses falsetto I don't really see the connection.
>>
When I listen to Paradise I feel like I'm floating
>>
I respect Coldplay more than Muse desu. Muse are too pseudointellectual 9th grader who read 1984 once for me.
>>
>>64403152
That's certainly what they turned into. All of their lyrics from Black Holes and Revelations on are "dude conspiracies lmao"
>>
Coldplay sold out and forgot who they were and follow no vision anymore. Bye bye.
>>
yo i think paradise is a pretty good pop song but samefagging about its quality is not necessary
>>
>>64404026
This. Their old songs are amazing until Viva La Vida, then everything else is shit seriously, i was planning to go to the concert with my dad but when i saw the setlist most of them were new songs so naah it was not worth it
>>
>>64402248
I mean they're not the worst bit they're p overrated. It would be better if it were off some indie Bandcamp because then it wouldn't have the stigma of being praised to unnecessary levels
>>
Anything post Viva La Vida is pretty awful aside from a few tracks, such as Paradise.
>>
Coldplay has some REALLY great music from about 1998-2008

A rush of blood to the head is great, and if you don't like it you are a fucking tard.

Also their new stuff is pure shit
>>
>>64402248
I admit that song started great with lots of potential, but then after the intro it turned into another bland radio pop single.

Coldplay is the definition of modern bland music. It's so bland it's basically their schtick. If you thought the National or Whitney Houston were bland, you haven't hear Coldplay yet.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.