[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wagwan, mi name ah Drizzy-bwoy. I’m a 29 year old Canadian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: Drake.jpg (66 KB, 813x494) Image search: [Google]
Drake.jpg
66 KB, 813x494
Wagwan, mi name ah Drizzy-bwoy.

I’m a 29 year old Canadian roadman (Grime fan for you yanks). I produce Grime and Garage on my tablet, and spend my days perfecting my choons and listening to superior British music. (Dizzee Rascal, Stormzy, Boy Better Know Records)

I get cheeky nandos wit the lads every day, this cheeky chicken can cut clean through your bowels cos it is spiced over a thousand times, and is vastly superior to any other food when you're out on the piss with your brevs. I got a Nando's card two years ago and It's been earning chillies every day.

I speak London slang fluently, both cockney and the jafaican dialect, and I spit fluently as well. I know everything about Aylesbury Estate history and their rude boy code, which I follow 100%

When I get my British visa, I am moving to East London to attend a prestigious council estate to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become a producer for Craig David or a junglist!

I own several Stone Island jackets, which I wear around my ends. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Hackney, so I can fit in easier. I say safe to my bluds and brares and speak patois as often as I can, but mandems rarely manage to respond.

Wish me luck in LDN!
>>
>>64398424
I love you
>>
Reminder that Stone Island is a terrace wear/Football casual brand not a "roadman" brand :^)
>>
>>64398498
It was a footie hooligan staple but it's 100% a roadman brand now.
>>
>>64398522
The only real stone island I see roadmen wear is the hats/tee shirts as its the cheapest
>>
>>64398424
Friendly reminder that the urban slang in Toronto is literally identical to the urban slang in London.

Your patois really isn't that unique, he's not jacking that from the UK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUq1rZ7mmns

Just watch the intro to this music video by a Toronto based singer.
>>
SO MI SAY
Aye mi breadrin, Drake, one love and special dedication. Tear-uppa de mandem with the champion sound *EXTREMELY LOUD AIRHORN THAT GOES ON FOR 5 MINUTES*
One love
>>
>>64398566
>faggots from toronto trying to act black

lmao s.m.h
>>
>>64398424
>thinks he's into grime
>doesn't listen to the pirates
>doesn't cop the latest dub plates
>doesn't go to eskimo dance
>doesn't know anything about garage and jungle history
wew lad
>>
>>64398666
Damage control all you want Devilman but the slang is exactly the same.
>>
Why is Caribbean island culture so powerful and ubiquitous?
>>
MY G, DUNKNO THA TING SOUF LUNDON CHECKIN IN WIV U MAN, OBVS DRIZZY IS WELKUM HERE ND IM WILLING TO TAKE YOU TO GET A CHEEKY NANDOS WIV MY BREVS AND LIGHT A FAT FUCKING ZOOT AFTER WE HIT THE STONEY STORE,YOU IN OR WHAT SENPAI?. ABEG U DONT BE A PAIGON AND AIR MAN LYK DAT OR IT WILL GET REAL PEAK, REAL FKIN QUICK YA GET ME?
>>
>>64398764
DON'T GET RUDE BLOOD
>>
>>64398792
MAN DIDNT EVEN MEAN TO OFFEND U LYK DAT BREV, I AM SENDING YOU MANS DEEPEST APOLOGEEZ, WE KOOL?
>>
>>64398703
because drake tries hard to copy everyone else so now the rest of the city is doing it

bet you nobody was bothering with the slang until drake started becoming a cheeky roadman
>>
>>64398858
TRUE SENPAI TRUE
LET'S GET MACKIES
>>
>>64398764
dar bree tar mah big ma ting
smoov rolls on tee hi see me my man ting dun for get whos nah shmee tolle me tingy ting la me seeps in ma breen
my cheedren and breadren cunt be oh me, I c u p kek on dah backflihp dont fuget fo da tippy top lil mun feeld is on da sulet hang een deer for dee seke of da charles barkley, coos hund caint yeaz on da front feet
BUT... BELEE MEE I WEEL STRAIKEE OOH DAWN EEF UH TIEST MEH ON DA FYA O DA GADS, DON BELE ME TST MEI
DRIZZY DRAKE WEWS FRUM DA KEKS
>>
File: MCRIDE.png (212 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
MCRIDE.png
212 KB, 400x400
>>64398877
MFW I GOT NO P'Z 4 FOOD, ONLY LOUD WEED SMOKE
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L2hPu-V6hU
>>
>>64398868
You'd be wrong.

Patois slang has been around in Toronto for ages. Drake didn't bring it over.
>>
>>64398995
Thank you
>>
probably the first /mu/ thread to make me actually kek in years, ty based op
>>
wagwan
>>
somebody clash me now
>>
>>64399701
im a lyrical crocodile, you really dont want to clash with me
>>
>>64399701
oi
and I a mandem mandem grab dem jewels
you ain't a rudeboy you a batty bwoy u a fool
>>
>>64399752
i can tell you're moist family
>>
>>64398566
When the fuck have you seen Drake do this patois shit except for the past year? It's not authentic
>>
>>64398995
middle class england is pretty rough, it has got to be said

the delivery isn't totally horrible, considering the phone speaker + walking setup they've got going. god bless these guys, though. hope they got to see some of that youtube money in the end, so they could have the older guy buy more dodgy cigarettes at the gas station.
>>
>>64399440
nagwan
>>
>>64399002
This.

fuckbois all over trying to act like toronto slang and london slang is way different, but forget that the reason why it is so much alike is because of major caribbean and somali influence.

yeah sure drake is a fanboy of grime but you'd have to be stupid to think that the guy just tries to copy london, and you'd have to be even more stupid to ignore the fact that there are loads of toronto natives speaking patois, even before drake started spreading that shit.
>>
>>64398995
ali g's a true story?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.