[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the worst generals on /mu/? And the best? My votes/reasoning:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 1461774404178.jpg (25 KB, 562x511) Image search: [Google]
1461774404178.jpg
25 KB, 562x511
What are the worst generals on /mu/? And the best?
My votes/reasoning:

WORST:

/RYM/ - /soc/ shit, plain and simple. no music discussion whatsoever, only RYM melodrama. doesn't belong on the board.
/noise/ - underage overload, nothing but kids who have no idea what they're talking about and spamming awful Bandcamp and Soundcloud crap. zero education on the genre and its history, zero capability to find music on their own(the same 10-15 meme albums from /mu/ and RYM get discussed over and over and over, and seeing people talk about big black, animal collective and lightning bolt under the impression that they are relevant to the general's purpose is not uncommon), they can't even explain what it is they like about noise and instead just get belligerent when asked. no other general on /mu/ is as unqualified to discuss its subject. no reason to exist. just look at the thread going on right now: >>64397295
/daily/ - smug "post-ironic" tripfag circlejerk, doesn't even belong on /mu/ due to how little time is actually spent talking about music(and even when they do it their conversations are on the level of 15-year old RYM reviewers)and how much is spent on circlejerking and memes, somehow for all the effort they put into crafting unique musical identities for themselves they all listen to the same artists and fall back entirely on spoonfeeding when it comes to hearing new music

BEST:

/trad/ - sincere and educated people and discussion. the nature of the music and its lack of meme or "edgy" potential keeps idiots away.
/bleep/ - funny and smart crowd. quality banter. aside from /metal/, the only general which knows how to treat dilettantes and babies begging for spoonfeeding(by telling them to fuck off)
/metal/ - a wide variety of posters with a wide variety of interests makes for a varied and dynamic general. even with all the shitposting, still one of the better places on the board.
/jazz/ - same deal as /trad/. unfortunately not as regular as it once was.

Thoughts?
>>
>>64398185
The kpop general is objectively the worst part about this board. Nothing but subhuman mongrels that deserve to be gassed.
>>
/EMOE/ THE BEST
>>
>>64398266
true
>>
best: bleep, sharethreads, daily

worst: rym, metal, charts
>>
generals are the worst threads on /mu/ no matter what they are though. they're all smug high school clique-tier circle jerks.
>>
WORST:

>/ratto/

BEST:

>/gmg/
>>
File: again and again.jpg (55 KB, 515x515) Image search: [Google]
again and again.jpg
55 KB, 515x515
>>
>>64398330
>the onyl threads that actually discuss music and not memes and basic shit are the worst
>>
Reminder that these kind of threads are worse than generals.
>>
>>64398185
Hello ratto
>>
>>64398328
>best: daily
>worst: charts
ayy
>>
>>64398483
This, I have a feeling it was made just to mock the current noise thread.
Just mock it in there OP, sheesh
>>
>>64398529
big difference imo, never got anything good out of chart threads
>>
Hҽʅʅσ ɾαƚσ
>>
>>64395996
why are there two again?
>>
File: kittencat.jpg (186 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
kittencat.jpg
186 KB, 1920x1080
this is kitten
say hi to kitten
>>
As long as General fags stay in their safezones or containment threads then i don't give a flip.
>>
>>64399769
Watch your mouth
>>
Best is /slow/
(Pls come and post in there they always die and it makes me cry ;_;)
>>
File: p.jpg (244 KB, 779x851) Image search: [Google]
p.jpg
244 KB, 779x851
>>64399665
>>
>>64398306
dumb weeaboo
>>
Evil ratto pls spare my family
>>
>>64399860
maybe the reason the threads always die is becaus they are as slow as the music
>>
Hello rato, emoe is the worst. Even worse than kpop.
>>
/emoe/
>>
/prod/

like what the fuck do they even do in there? We should ban them or something.
>>
>>64398185
hello ratto
>>
>>64398185
>/trad/ - sincere and educated people and discussion. the nature of the music and its lack of meme or "edgy" potential keeps idiots away.
>/trad/
you notice how that general is almost always dead, right? i mean you could make a case for classical but come on fammo
>>
>>64401332
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.