[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do hipsters listen to?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 16
File: 17be3-hipster.jpg (46 KB, 292x400) Image search: [Google]
17be3-hipster.jpg
46 KB, 292x400
>>
>>64397335
Mac demarco, fleet foxes, swans, the list goes on..
>>
La Macarena
>>
Idk OP. What *do* you listen to?
>>
File: jj&thh.png (2 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
jj&thh.png
2 MB, 1000x1000
>>
>>64397355
Jazz
>>
That's Devendra Banhart, protohipster.

The ones scuttling around the nearest big city in relation to where you live, are mostly into bland alt pop or trap rap.
>>
>>64397335
>>64397349
hipsters don't listen to swans anymore, they're "problematic"
>>
Seal, Cheryl Crow, Trace Adkins, Jewel, John Mayer, other "obscure" music
>>
>>64397335
avant-garde
>>
>>64397381
??????????????

Do you know what proto means?

I don't think you do. Devendra is literally another version of father shit misty, which is normie top 40 Indie core.
>>
Beastie Boys
>>
A wide range of bands, many of whom are actually good.

The main problem with hipsters isn't their taste but their fake and condescending attitude.
>>
>>64397335
Pretty much what you posted

Also Death Grips, NMH and stuff like that
You get the point
>>
Everything in this list
https://rateyourmusic.com/list/Qwerty100/the_hipster_collection/
>>
>>64397417
the dude toured with Angels of Light. Listen to his Young God shit. he may suck now but back in the day his shit was interesting. the sound of it felt like a creepy midwest antique shop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r1qqLabFSM
>>
What's the most mellow album by Prurient?
Figured I'd ask here.
>>
mountain goats, shit robot, four tet
>>
File: nmh_aots.jpg (84 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
nmh_aots.jpg
84 KB, 500x500
>>
>>64397417
their music is completely different... the fact that this pic gets posted all over the internet as a "hipster" archetype by people who don't know it is devendra banhart is a clue -- he is not "top 40" at all...
>>
Cradle of Filth
>>
>>64397457
kek that list screams /mu/

fucking hipsters
>>
just call this thread "post your favourite album /mu/" and you'll find out
>>
>>64397390

I'm a hipster and I like swans.
>>
>>64397523
The Raconteurs
>>
RHCP
>>
>>64397542
This to be honest.
>>
>>64397542
>>64397541
thank you
>>
>>64397335
swan
>>
File: 1461787194219.png (482 KB, 656x523) Image search: [Google]
1461787194219.png
482 KB, 656x523
>>64397491
They dint recognize him because he is a shitty trendy forgotten father John misty. He was huge in the folk scene then was forgotten. Sorry, r/indieheads. This wasn't a special find either.

>>64397470
>back in the end
Again, r/indieheads, don't pretend you didn't find him in your iPhone spotify app in the related artists to fleet foxes. He is and always has been trendy hollow shit.
>>
Qwerty100
>>
>>64397457
i like how he didn't feel the need to explain why anco is hipster as fuck because he knew that everyone knows already
>>
Proto-Hipsters listen to the avant-garde, experimental music, art music and outsider music.

Hipsters listen to "indie" music.

Nu Hipsters are post-ironic poptimists and listen to Pitchfork-core.
>>
>>64397335
Death Grips
Neutral Milk Hotel
Animal Collective
My Bloody Valentine
Radiohead
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Arcade Fire
Grimes
Kanye West
Julia Holter
The Flaming Lips
Boards of Canada
Nas
Pavement
Nirvana
A Tribe Called Quest
Slint
Aesop Rock
[dadrock]
The Beatles
Pink Floyd
Talking Heads
David Bowie
The Beach Boys
The Velvet Underground
Wilco
[/dadrock]
Sufjan Stevens
The Mountain Goats
Kendrick Lamar
[superduperobscure]
Oneohtrix Point Never
[/superduperobscure]
Beach House

the list goes on
>>
>>64397457
>someone actually took the time to make this
>>
>>64397645
lol lot of assumptions there

actually the only reason i listened to him is because I'm a mindless Swans drone, back in 2012 I was attempting to listen to anything vaguely Swans related.
>>
>>64397860
You mean the"
“Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.

tl;dr: if you believe hipsters exist, you are a plebeian." pasta?
>>
>>64397645
i found out about devendra in 2008 when some guy i went to college with told me about him. good try though... whats /r/indieheads? is that a board where people talk about music without endlessly talking shit to one another?
>>
hipster = conformists who became fake-nonconformists because of the internet. you can spot them because they would look totally wholesome and boring except they have a ton of random tattoos. They probably still listen to indie folk or something twee.
>>
>>64397407
Is Seal hipster music? damn, I think I've blasted Seal's Soul album when im drunk more times than I can count haha
>>
>>64397969
theres no such thing as hipster music, blast seal 4 life my man
>>
>>64397457
This angered me a lot more than I expected
>>
You guys really give hipsters too much credit, they listen to just about indie bands that they believe are classed as "real music" just because it isnt on the radio. Shit like Catfish & The Bottlemen, Bastille, and Alt-J.
>>
>>64397805
Oh wow. Every fucker on /mu/
>>
>>64397335
I"m I guess what you'd call a psuedo hipster, in that I have some hipsterish taste in music but otherwise am part normie and part neet. anyways I been jonesin on this lately
https://youtu.be/1iAYhQsQhSY
>>
>>64397457
I checked his profile and a lot of his 5-star ratings are metal albums so it's pretty hard for me to take anything he says seriously.
>>
>>64397544
>I'm a hipster
please love yourself
>>
>>64398105
>>64398105
meh, /mu/ is too mainstream, if moo has heard of it then it's not obscure enough
>>
File: turnycore.jpg (2 MB, 1500x3498) Image search: [Google]
turnycore.jpg
2 MB, 1500x3498
How many of these have you listened to.
>>
>>64398065
Its way fucking worse to try to differentiate insincerely. I cannot resprct anyone that manufactures a fake personality and taste just to look interesting
>>
>>64398137
Hipsterdom hasn't really got anything to do with listening to obscure music, drinking obscure beer, watching obscure films, styling oneself on obscure fashion etc. It's about adhering to a subculture, one obsessed with convincing oneself that one is a pioneer of underground art and culture, but which actually only consists of art that is only slightly more obscure than the most mainstream things. It's why magazines like Pitchfork, Vice and The Skinny exist, it's about removing individuality and molding oneself to what's cool and trendy, which is exactly why you can instantly recognize a hipster.

Understand this, if something is obscure then a hipster will not like it because they will not receive approval from their peer group for doing so.
>>
>>64398098
You might want to remove Bastille from that. Pompeii and Bad Blood were played on the radio a lot, and sometimes still are.
>>
>>64398256
>he's a hipster follower instead of a cutting edge hipster
even for hipsters there must be some folk at the forefront seting trends and styles
>>
The pasta is right though. Hipsters are a boogeyman to associate things you don't like with. Pretty stupid stuff really.
>>
Trying to be different, even if you don't like what you cling onto, is fucking gay. Even worse than just being a trendy alt j hipster
>>
>>64398259
Shit yeah, what would you replace it with?
>>
>>64398228
But it's not fake you doofus. Some people like things that are not mainstream for their personal enjoyment. Not everyone is forced to enjoy the same things, and everyone who doesn't isn't just pretending to for more than you'd like to believe it.
>>
>>64397457
I'm upset
>>
>>64398479
That's not what I'm implying. I'm saying when you listen to something only for the image it gives of you, even if you don't otherwise like it, you're beyond pathetic. Half of people that listen to poseur core likely do not actually enjoy it based off how aggressively they try to let everyone know that they listen to it.
>>
>>64398112
>>64398481
>>64397814
I wish I would have looked at his profile before reading because he has some of the worst taste I've ever seen
>>
>>64398314
Yes, those folk work for magazines, record labels, clothing stores, you get the picture.
Hipsters are a demographic of moneyed, predominantly middle class men and women in their mid to late 20s and early thirties who are entirely beholden to the latest trends who will buy whatever their masters tell them to in order to keep up with their peers. They're the wet dream of marketing executives at every trendy company who have something to sell to them, but are entirely vacuous as human beings - they have no interests other than trend following. Most of them don't even like a lot of the music they listen to, but they'll listen to it anyway because they don't want to appear to be behind the times.
>>
>>64398497
The nu-hipster has been around since about 2010 if not earlier. You could argue that all subcultures, or cultures, have an 'authentic' root, but the bastardised version that lives on is never genuine. And I can guarantee you that when most people think 'hipster', they think of bearded males in check shirts listening to NMH or drinking PBR, and not people who are actually into obscure media and hobbies.
>>
>>64398497
Shit man, you're right, hipsters are young whipper snappers who listen to the bebop and smoke the reefer.
>>
>>64397457
>Wu-Tang Clan

>Yes, if you have a gram of sanity left in you, the same question may pop up in your confused head as in mine: how the hell did a rap group made up of illiterate, testosterone-charged, alpha-male wannabe rhyme-makers obsessed with silly chop-sokey flicks become hipster darlings? Keep in mind: most hipsters consider metal beneath them. What the hell should they think about SHMIP-SHMOP then?! If they see metal as a dumb mammal, then rap must seem as an amoeba by these status-obsessed hipsterians.

>For some reason their debut album - which consists of a bunch of bird-brained monotonous rap songs about kung-fu, drugs, hos, respec, and whatever other "street-wise" nonsense - has a stellar average of 4.19 on this site. Clearly, it couldn't have been catapulted into the top 50 on RYM's all-time album chart merely by honest rap fans, considering that they must like the "band's" other equally rubbish albums. There's gotta be more to it than that, especially considering that rap doesn't exactly dominate this site.

>If anyone has an explanation, feel free to post it. Perhaps because one of their members wrote the soundtrack for a Jim Jarmusch movie? Did that catapult the Wu-Thong Clan to hipster heaven? Perhaps because hipsters realized that the indie and punk scenes aren't the only ones proudly waving the flag of dilettantism? And yet don't hipsters prefer it when nerds do their music? There are no nerds in this group. Macho bullshit in metal is peanuts next to the excessive alpha-male posturing that dominates the shmip-shmop scene.

>Why Bobby Dylan fans would have Wu-Tang Juice Clan albums side-by-side with their The Smiths collection makes no sense at all. Then again, how silly of me to expect hipsteric decision-making to have a logical basis. Then again yet again, diversity and eclecticism are the magic words in the hipster manual.
>>
>>64398421
Mac DeMarco
>>
>>64398562
I respect someone that in theory likes top 40 more than shitty pretentious Mongolian chants because he can honestly spell out what he prefers about it.
>>
>>64397542
This, for sure.
>>
>>64398607
Who are the authentic hipsters and why are they hipsters and not just people who have obscure/arty interests?
>>
>>64398219
1, What a Wonderful World
>>
>>64398707
I guess they were the early adopters of some of these ideas. There was a time where listening to AnCo wasn't cool, it always seemed cutting edge to me when I was a teen and I'd see posters for indie rock bands outside record stores (late 00s). These people probably were original but it became memetic and, as we all know, when that happens, it loses authenticity.

These original guys only get the title of 'hipster' because that's what we started calling them when the idea was beginning to gain traction in 2010 or so.
>>
>>64397335
/mu/core, to be honest.
>>
File: 1461684535027.jpg (93 KB, 780x1169) Image search: [Google]
1461684535027.jpg
93 KB, 780x1169
A hipster is someone that only likes stuff that panders to a certain trendy niche. Its marketing disguised as individuality.

So someone that says, oh those are "fake" hipsters, "fake" hipsters like alt j, I like swans and others like them they are still brain-dead trendy hipsters, as swans very much panders to hipster image.

Neo-mu should realize this ASAP and maybe then chart threads wouldn't be the most pointless predictable wastes of sharehtreads on all of 4chan.
>>
>>64398510
I doubt it. People like to show off and be arrogant, but about the things they already like.
>>
>>64398866
Going further, anyone who likes dadrock or top40 rock is a poseur lewronggeneration hipster who want to be trendy by not listening to "hipster music". So really, not listening to music at all is the only way out.
>>
Weeaboo hipsters, do they exist?
>>
Blog Radio on Sirius XMU
>>
>>64398219
is this a good thing or a bad thing?
>>
>>64398574
>in their mid to late 20s and early thirties

w-what will happen to us when we reach mid thirties one day?
>>
>>64398993
Why do you think poseur core is a thing? Do you honestly thinking ITAOTS wouldn't be an Amazon top seller if it wasn't trendy?
>>
File: tao-yates-pic.jpg (484 KB, 723x1000) Image search: [Google]
tao-yates-pic.jpg
484 KB, 723x1000
I am a proud non-listener of music
>>
I can't get into Swans at all, what do you find appealing about their music?

I played that record the other day and sure the first song was ok with all the NO PAIN, NO GAIN shit but after that comes a 12 minute song with nothing interesting happening and then some guy yelling "noooooooow u mad" and after that I check the runtime and there's a fucking 30 minute track? Did I listen to the wrong album for a beginner? How can I enjoy their music??
>>
>>64399056

Yes.

Regards,

Hipster Weeaboo
>>
>>64397645
Take a deep breath and go outside, friend. It'll be okay.
>>
>>64399368
You have to think about how weird and different you are for knowing them, then force yourself to like them.
>>
>>64397481
Why is her head a seedless cucumber slice
>>
>>64399116
I have a friend who's attached himself to every trend since he was 16. Goth, emo, whatever.
He's 32 now, and has a kid and a wife.
Hes still a flannel wearing bearded hipster, except now he's always slightly behind the rest of his hipster friends so it's awkward.
That is your fate.
To be forever 'that guy.'
>>
File: 4bb.png (487 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
4bb.png
487 KB, 900x900
>>64397893
>>64397860
ITS NOT A PASTA

ITS COMPLETELY TRUE

HIPSTER IS A MEANINGLESS BUZZWORD

i challenge ANYONE to disprove the pasta
>>
>>64399368
go through their discography chronologically. don't fucking start with the seer you double nigger. listen to their early stuff if you're in a self-hating mood. trust me everything from Filth to Public Castration is great for that kind of stuff. My favorites from this era are greed and of course PCIAGA.

Then they had a phase where they were more of a conventional post-punk band starting from Children of God. Burning World is a bit of a sellout but I like it. White Light, Love of Life, and Great Annhilator are pretty similar, reminds me a lot of Joy Division

Soundtracks for the Blind is incredible and stands alone out of their whole discography IMHO. after that they broke up

they reformed in like 2010 as a post-rock band. Also a bit of a return to their no wave roots with how hard these albums get... if you've gone through Swans' discography up to that point you'll enjoy The Seer and To Be Kind a lot more.
>>
>>64397457
>hating on Electric Wizard
what a faggot
>>
>>64399649
it's not a pasta you see
>>
>>64397552
Nah they're pretty normie-tier
>>
>>64397457
this dude is a fucking boss
>>
>>64399649
>>64399698
"Pasta" in its original form meant a heavily copy and pasted (reply effective) block of text which was ended up being primarily for trolling. It stems from the japanese "kopipe" from 2chan

The modern definition of a pasta would add the clause "a copy pasted post which, despite contents, is shrugged off and not taken seriously due to its status as a "copypasta".

The hipster copypasta may be heavily reposted, but note that it doesn't devalue any of its contents. Nobody can disprove what the hipster pasta is communicating
>>
>>64397433
this. you're just as bad if you dislike artists/albums entirely on the basis of them being "hipster" btw.
>>
>>64399116

>>64399520

Not true. /mu/tants will probably the ones talking about how shitty 2050 music is and how it lacks Byzantine chants and a nonlinear song structure. Can't wait desu
>>
>>64399520
What does he listen to?
>>
In St. Louis they're all about Fidlar.
>>
>>64399377
What shit do you listen to?
>>
File: 1340218980066.jpg (52 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
1340218980066.jpg
52 KB, 460x460
>>64397457

Wow this dude is a gold mine.
>>
the scenes in my city are garage revival and post-twee nowadays
>>
>>64397457
it hurts, anon
it hurts that this person exists, right now, and i'm powerless to stop him from unleashing his opinions on the world
>>
“Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.

tl;dr: if you believe hipsters exist, you are a plebeian.
>>
File: 1316890575351.jpg (56 KB, 666x442) Image search: [Google]
1316890575351.jpg
56 KB, 666x442
>>64400041
this, honestly
>>
>>64399116
image doesn't matter once you're old, you can safely assume most 30-yrs are listening to what they actually enjoy
>>
File: 1372019334775.jpg (19 KB, 315x315) Image search: [Google]
1372019334775.jpg
19 KB, 315x315
>>64397457
Jesus, I don't even know where to begin
>>
File: 1458430369173.jpg (113 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1458430369173.jpg
113 KB, 413x395
>>64397457
>animal collective's description
holy kek
>>
>>64397457
I puked a little.
>>
>>64397335
there's no such thing as hipsters anymore

that's a mid 2000's thing. nowadays you just have tech yuppies or nu hippies or normcore peeps or tryhards who think they're hipster
>>
>>64397457
>Kanye West

>To the uninitiated in all things hipster-related, at first glance this may seem to be the most absurd entry on this list, right? Sort of like the black sheep of the list, the odd one out. Certainly I was amazed when several people told me that his My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy album is a hipster's wet dream. (A claim which RYM's charts, various hipster collections, and hipster articles on the net confirmed.)

>In fact, for a while I refused to include him because I simply could not believe that this TALENT-FREE MEDIA CLOWN with the intellect of an amoeba and the artistic integrity of Britney Spears was admitted by hipsters into the Hipster Hall Of Fame. I mean, Kanye! It doesn't get any more commercial or garbagy than this, right? It'd be like Taylor Swift or Rihanna being held in high esteem for their powerful lyrics and ground-breaking music.

>However, when you analyze it better, this is in a weird sense the most logical entry on the entire list - because it unifies ALL hipsterisms in one fell swoop: minimalism, total lack of originality, hipster confusion, garbage-quality music, moronic lyrics, lack of talent, excessive posing, style over substance (or in this case neither), abject stupidity assuming the role of intellectualism, and whatever else I may have forgotten to include.
>>
>>64400586
>I guess hipsters must be easily swayed by confidence, which Kanye has in spades. He never misses an opportunity to imply or outright say that considers himself a genius, and perhaps hipsters are like easily hypnotized amoeba that after a while just started believing his dark twisted fantasy that he is an actual genius. When in fact he is the opposite. Shit, I don't even consider him a musician, much less a musical genius.

>I cannot tell you how glad I am that Kanye, or at least this one crappy album, is a big part of the hipster collection. It makes my mission of explaining and downgrading hipsterism that much easier. It's like trying to find dirt on a politician that you know is corrupt, and you discover that he is a member of the Nazi Party or something. I don't think hipsters even begin to realize how much they shot themselves in the foot with this one. If they continue like this, hipsters themselves will replace Kanye as the laughing stock of modern pop culture. By taking Kanye seriously, hipsters have essentially revealed everything there is to know about them, and all of it is fairly embarrassing.

>Kanye opens the flood-gates for ALL commercial MTV acts to become hipster darlings. Who's next? Justine Timberlake? Vanilla Ice? The Jonas Brothers? I submit to you that hipsterism is a bottomless pit of confusion and anti-intellectuality, and that there is literally no "artiste" bad enough to gain their respect and recognition. Before starting to explore hipsterism, I thought there was a limit to their confusion, a limit to their tastelessness, that they had at least a semblance of self-respect and a sense for not going too far, but clearly this is not the case.

>That's what happens when you don't give a shit about music, while allowing inferiority complexes to get the better of your attention-seeking impulses.

And he's not wrong either
>>
File: Capture.jpg (81 KB, 1517x202) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
81 KB, 1517x202
>>64397457
>Melvins
>Indie
>>
>>64397335
Gregorian Chanting, mostly. Mainly because Western Scales of Music are oppressive, transphobic, and obviously way too fucking mainstream. Monks had a superior life, man. That's just a fact. Like with their plain robes so as not to conform to the totalitarian fashion industries.
>>
Anyone who thinks hipsters aren't a real thing. Clearly have never visited east London.
>>
>>64400675
or manchester
just anywhere in manchester
>>
>>64397544
>I'm a hipster
L O L
O
L
>>
>>64397335
whatever this board listens to, hipsters listen to. its coextensive.
>>
>>64397457
>https://rateyourmusic.com/list/Qwerty100/the_hipster_collection/

someone did this. i'm triggered.
>>
>>64397335
> implying hipsters listen to the music they praise
Trick question fambro
>>
>>64401587
> coextensive
I learned a new word today
>>
File: 1453585516669.jpg (52 KB, 419x480) Image search: [Google]
1453585516669.jpg
52 KB, 419x480
>>64397457
>massive text body at the start of the list
>list telling people why the artists they like are shit
>end of list tells people to "save themselves"

It took about twenty seconds to know this is a metalhead.

>mfw checking his 5-star albums and confirming this
>>
>>64397457
The Flaming Lips

Where is the matrix used to manufacture all these gazillions of cloned indie/alternative bands? Let's crush it into smithereens. There needs to be an anti-hype and anti-hipster campaign going around schools and universities, teaching all these gullible kids about the trappings of combining mushrooms with generic poseur music. They also need to understand that pretending to like crap doesn't and cannot elevate their status in society, except among their fellow hipster armies.

Lame pop music in the guise of alternative rock or whatever. Give these songs to Coldplay and you wouldn't even know some of them weren't Chris Martin's. What hype.

...what
>>
File: christagu70s.jpg (6 KB, 160x168) Image search: [Google]
christagu70s.jpg
6 KB, 160x168
>>64397457
>metalfags
>progmetalfags
>>
ITT: triggered hipsters
based >>64397457
>>
>>64397805

These are all dadrock now too:

Neutral Milk Hotel
My Bloody Valentine
Radiohead
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
The Flaming Lips
Nirvana
Slint
>>
>>64397544
What is your definition of hipster?
>>
>>64397457
Gonna check out a few of these artists that I never listened to since I like most of that list. Embracing my hipster-ism, now the guy that wrote that article needs to do the same.
>>
>>64397335
whatever /mu/ listens to
>>
>>64398637
what
>>
>>64397369
Yeah hipsters do this
>>
>>64397457

Funny stuff.
>>
>>64398707
>Who are the authentic hipsters

White dudes in the 40's who embraced Jazz.
>>
>>64397335
whatever music you don't like so you feel validated
>>
The type of cunt who think that Frances Ha, Inside Llewyn Davis and The Room are "like the best movies ever made" also tend to listen to Mac DeMarco, Death Grips and Animal Collective.
>>
"hipsters" these days are poptimist, so mainstream pop and hip hop

in otherwords not much different from what /mu/ likes

hipster is just a buzzword for "thing i dont like," /mu/ probably considers "normies" hipsters and the rest of the world considers you a hipster because you like swans instead of nickelback (or whatever modern equivalent)
>>
>>64397544
>I'm a hipster
If you twist your neck the problem should fix it's self
Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.