[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
looking for some good foolk artists, or even good acoustic musicians,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
File: thWPC61PGZ.jpg (12 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
thWPC61PGZ.jpg
12 KB, 300x225
looking for some good foolk artists, or even good acoustic musicians, idk help a brah out
>>
It has been of late that I awake from several hours of dreaming the weirdest and most terrifying nightmares that I require several minutes of steadying and masturbation before I can go on with my mid-afternoon smoke of cannabis. It was on one of these odd and pine-scented wednesdays that I happened, after not shaving for several days and listening to the trumpet section from old Phil Elverum cassettes I had bought online for next to nothing from the artist himself, upon the comedic styling that I have come to assimilate to be “post-jazz.” It was an infomercial style dream of the shabby 1970s late night kind that would haunt the childhoods of insomniatic midwesterners. These dreams always begin the same with an unveiling of a product, draped in musk and general antiquity. Then the testimonials would start of people who “owed their existences” to the mildewy product of yore. In this instance of dream the folk interviewed were comedians describing how a collection of words and dialectal slang saved their careers and very lives. This collection was, of course and wide acclaim, “[post]post-jazz[in the sense or groove orientated].” “When I received a mix-tape from Jamie Foxxx in where he interviewed suffering weed sm0kers about how corporate jazz-funk had ruined the neighborhood,” began a dying Bill “Handcock” Clinton, “I knew I had come upon the greatest diarrhea of the soul and viscera” The dream was promoted by these words several times over as the sleep-attenuated evening marched. A shabby Larry David then appeared and told of a drunken Mike Meyers yelling Moby Dick in a London marketplace.
>>
>>64396913
He said this act inspired much of the first post-jazz writings in a crypt fantasy blog by hacker and activist G0rdon. A death fetishist, G0rdon spoke of how he discovered post-jazz writings from whalers in nantucket who often frequented brothels and spoke of their heights and girths. They spoke of a post-dialectual catch phrasal lingua that existed among soul funk artists who hid in Lofts and smoked jazz weed. This language, which is derived from a herbal click-language found in parts of burnt african history tomes, was thought to have inspired much of HBO’s documentary series “VICE” and is also the cause for several of Microsoft Windows file error codes. “To say a life - or object is post-jazz is to say a life - or object WAS spent with much care placed to those prefixal apostages that plague academia; it is a curse and castration but we wear it’s marks of crucifixion and write our comedies after those ill-tongued words. It is post-jazz and we speak of it in the haziest cappuccino bars on the haziest of wednesdays.” It is with these epitaphic words that began the pregnancy of post-jazz in the mind and weedspace of a creator in Atlanta Georgia.
>>
File: 1461684535027.jpg (93 KB, 780x1169) Image search: [Google]
1461684535027.jpg
93 KB, 780x1169
I'm not spoon-feeding you. Go back to that Spotify muh accoudtic chill playlist with shit Howard and bon normie.
>>
The incredible string band, John Fahry , Leo Kotkke
>>
File: 1461219802753.jpg (26 KB, 537x483) Image search: [Google]
1461219802753.jpg
26 KB, 537x483
>>64396913
>>64396938
>>
>>64396779
elliott smith...and no one will post anyone better on this board
>>
>>64396949
I'm not a pleb, bro
I listen to Bob Dylan, Exuma, Tom Waits, the list goes on
>>
diane cluck
>>
File: 1461630270387.png (18 KB, 514x456) Image search: [Google]
1461630270387.png
18 KB, 514x456
>>64396981
well meme'd friend
>>
File: folk_blues_&_beyond.jpg (6 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
folk_blues_&_beyond.jpg
6 KB, 226x223
>>64396779
Davey Graham's always been my favourite. Can't sing, but excellent guitar and what he writes is good shit.
>>
Jackson c Frank, Simon and Garfunkel, Tim Buckley, Dave von ronk, Nick Drake and pic.
>>
>>64397068
I regret posting about this guy. He is turning into a meme STOP.
>>
>>64397068
that being said a lot of his discography are covers
>>
Check out David Thomas Broughton
>>
>>64397101
u wot ive listened to graham since i was 7, this was genuine, nigger
>>
>>64397093
Proof your average mu poster had literally 0 folk knowledge.

>Dave van ronk
saw him on that post a few days back eh? ;)
>>
Sun Kil Moon
>>
also, vashti bunyan
>>
>>64397121
>u wot

Lying 15 year old confirmed.
>>
Judee Sill
>>
>>64397190
>>>>kys
>>
Pete Seegar, Eric Von Schmidt, Dave Van Ronk, Joan Baez
>>
File: IMG_20160426_224545.jpg (2 KB, 72x82) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160426_224545.jpg
2 KB, 72x82
>>64397412
S-stop it. Why is Dave becoming poseur core? Why can't you poseurs stick to meme folk
>>
>>64396980

Andy Shauf, trust me on this one.
>>
ramblin' jack elliott
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.