[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are there no good places to discuss music on the internet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Moondog-drinks.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1919) Image search: [Google]
Moondog-drinks.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1919
Why are there no good places to discuss music on the internet?
>>
because nobody likes good music like the orb and kompakt records
>>
Cause now identity politics are part of music.
>>
>>64396357
>kompakt records
tfw the field is shit now
>>
Because there are no good people on the internet.
>>
The way I see it, most people on the internet, at least the vocal majority, are comparatively young, and young people typically aren't calm or clear enough of mind to carry a discussion. Even if they are, they don't have enough perspective to add any substance to it. Even if they do, the amount of people with sufficient knowledge about a particular subject that might actually warrant discussion is usually too low for one to happen, or be anything but a brief exchange. And people in general tend to favor sentimental opinion over critical analysis, so frankly, discussions in general don't hold a very high standard anywhere.

This is just my reasoning though.
>>
im in a christgau facebook group. its basically me, some young guys, and a ton of boomers - many of whom write for various online pubs. great discussions, lot of intelligent back and forth. i like mu too, but for totally different reasons: mu makes me laugh.
>>
Because the internet was a mistake
>>
>>64397392
>objectively discussing music
>>
Right here pal (:
>>
>>64396342
Reddit is good. And it actually has this wierd thing called 'moderation', it's a brand new thing.
>>
>>64397696
kill yourself you ruined /mu/ you fucking loser
>>
>>64397771
>reddit
>good music discussions
you can't be serious
>>
˙suoıʇɔuıʇxǝ ǝɥʇ ʍoןןoɟ ʎןǝɹns ןןıʍ uoıʇɔǝɹɹnsǝɹ ɹıǝɥʇ ʇnq sǝʞɐן ʇuǝıɔuɐ ɟo ǝɔɐɟɹns ǝɥʇ ɹǝpun ɹnɔɔo ʇɐɥʇ sʇuǝʌǝ ǝɥʇ ǝʌǝıןǝq ʍǝɟ ˙sǝıɹnʇuǝɔ ƃuıɯoɔ ǝɥʇ uı ʎɔןɐɯɹou-ʇuɐuƃɐʇs oʇ pǝuɹnʇǝɹ ןןɐ ʇǝʎ ɹǝʇɟɐ sʎɐp ɹoɟ pǝɹǝʌɐʍ puɐ pǝןʞɔnq ɹıɐ ǝɥʇ ˙puod pǝןɹnɔ-pooןq ǝɥʇ ɟo ǝɔɐɟɹns ɹoɹɹıɯ ǝɥʇ oʇuı pǝuǝǝɹɐɔ ʇı sɐ ʎɐɾuıdod pǝʎǝ-pןıʍ ǝɥʇ pǝɥɔǝǝɹɔs ʎɐʍʎuɐ ʇı ʍɐs ı ʇnq uǝǝs pɐɥ ı ʇɐɥʍ ʇǝɹƃǝɹ ı
>>
>>64397841
go back to russia
>>
>>64397836
Better than here, when do people talk about music here? It's nothing but shitposting. Have you even ever visited reddit's subforums? Plenty of discussion free from garbage.
>>
>>64398034
Yes I have visited them, it's just as bad as here except even worse taste.
Go back there, maybe they'll like your shitty taste better too.
>>
MACHINES WERE MICE AND MEN WERE LIONS ONCE UPON A TIME
>>
>>64398052
It's really not, you've obviously never been there. I've found many gems from which to add to my Spotify playlist. And I am already there my sweet-natured friend, i have more than one tab open. I just like farting on you all here.
>>
>>64398161
aight b8 elsewhere
>>
>>64398172
nice counter lol
>>
not really. people suck at discussing music, especially on the internet.

the only people who have interesting ways of talking about it are the people who actually make good music, and they're too busy doing their thing to engage with nerds mulling over it all from some distant, inaccurate, embarrassingly irrelevant place.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.