[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is doom/stoner metal a fedora genre?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: metal_vinyl.jpg (110 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
metal_vinyl.jpg
110 KB, 640x640
Is doom/stoner metal a fedora genre?
>>
>>
>>64394856
oldschool doom was not, but the whole stoner thing is more hipster than fedora
>>
>>64394856
>is thing le fedora meme? xDD
>>
>>64394879
Hipster, or that kid who's blown away by legal weed and all the strains with wacky names and shit [spoiler]so me[/spoiler]
>>
>>64394856
Not one bit, now go buy more Electric Wizard vinyl

and get some Fu Manchu, Orange Goblin, Sasquatch, Orchid, and Stoned Jesus LPs while you're at it, pussy

Protip: You don't have to be a pot smoking goth kid to enjoy doom and stoner rock. It is quite popular among dads, bikers, and truckers as well.
>>
>>64394856
it´s pretty hipsterish.
On a different note; I don´t get the hype behind dopethrone, it´s nothing special in my opinion
>>
File: 1461705108514.jpg (41 KB, 320x367) Image search: [Google]
1461705108514.jpg
41 KB, 320x367
>>64395526
>nothing special
>>
>>64395526
The whole genre is pretty dull in general.
>>
Every metal is fedora tier
>>
>>64395526
Fedora response
>>
>>64394856
>fedora
The meme that makes feminists and chrisfags feel welcome on 4chan

Please fuck off
>>
It's trash, if that's what you meant.
>>
>>64394856

Depends, the genre itself, nah. The 420 fags who listen almost exclusively to dopethrone, yes.
>>
no it's just really stagnant and shallow
>>
>>64394856

Pretty much any metal that becomes "hot" among hipsters attracts the fedora group. So, at one point it was Stoner, but now is pretty much Burzum, Deafheaven and Lithurgy.
>>
>>64396280

>favorite metal genres are sludge and blackgaze

i'm not a fucking hipster goddamnit
>>
>>64396303

>blackgaze

You're just a faggot.
>>
>>64396280
but burzum is way cooler than/should not be lumped in with the garbage that is deafheaven. and liturgy's alright too
>>
No genre of music is fedora, the listener can be fedora.
>>
Red Giant
>>
not inherently no, I would actually say it's one of the least fedora metal genres
it does attract hipsters though
>>
What is a hipster
>>
>>64394856
If you're asking to bait: kill yourself
If you're asking because you're worried that if you like this music, you'll be a "fedora": please stop caring about /mu/ memes, they're completely meaningless and just a convenient way for teenagers to dismiss music they don't enjoy

doom/stoner metal isn't "fedora" because there's no such thing. do you enjoy the music? yes? listen to it then. no? cool, move on and don't be an autist that has to call people names because they don't like the same /mu/core you listen to
>>
>>64396643

>should not be lumped

I'm pretty sure every fedora that likes deafheaven or liturgy is a fan of burzum.
>>
>>64396728
idk man electro swing is pretty god damn fedora
>>
>>64396728

literally vapewave
>>
>>64394856
DOPETHRONE>DOPESMOKER
>>
>>64394856
It's catchy, cheesy fun metal for stoners. Fuck off with your stupid memes.
>>
DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
>>64397156
nah
>>
Vinyl is a meme
>>
>>64397001
You mean al the -core genres. Electro swing is nothing but plebs and people with good taste's guilty pleasure
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.