[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should my first DAW be Abtleton? Or what do you think a novice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 250x215) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 250x215
Should my first DAW be Abtleton?

Or what do you think a novice like me should start with?
>>
in the time it takes to wait for replies you could be doing the tutorial and practicing
>>
Your first DAW should be none because DAWs serve no purpose in the real music world and actual music is done via actual instruments.
Do you want to be like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dIcuU58Oy8
>>
>>64393514
lol
>>
>>64393514
Are you seriously judging all electronic music based on fucking Avicii?
>>
>>64393514
avicii made 100 million dollars doing that
>>
>>64393559
I'm judging it on the fact that you won't be actually educated with a DAW.
If you want to do music for just you that's fine, otherwise off yourself.
>>
why dont fucking buy a real instrument?
>>
>>64393455
I'd say fl_studio for the start up so you can get a feel for it then move to Abtleton when your more comfortable.
>>
>>64393514
>DAWs serve no purpose in the real music world

Even if you play real instruments in the real music world DAWs are pretty useful to record the fucking songs.
>>
>>64393455
ableton can be kinda hard to figure out, but if you can figure it out you'll be making beatport #1 hits in no time famo
>>
>>64393514
>>64393636
>>>/trash/
>>
>>64393514

You realize bands with instruments use DAWs as well, right? Are you fucking stupid?
>>
>>64393455

I would go with Reaper as your first unless you want to torrent something. Reaper is free!
>>
>>64393455
i like fruity loops coz its free and after torrenting everyones samples you can pretend to be a martin garrix (^:
>>
>>64393632

every producer uses a DAW for tracking real audio.... wtf is wrong with you lol. are you implying real educated musicians track straight to tape??? lmao
>>
>>64393514

We use DAWs to record any kind of music.

Kill yourself because you actually don't know what the fuck you're going on about.
>>
>>64393455
UbuntuStudio

It's free, it's complex, it has a great active community. Plus you're free to experiment and do your own thing and will be able to do shit you just can't using Windows. Plus you won't be as much of a silly underage faggot anymore.

>>64393514
This guy has a point. A DAW serves a purpose only then when you can play it like an instrument. You'll need lots of practice until your computer is your instrument. But once you know how to work it, it's a rather flexible instrument that can produce all kinds of sounds, rhythms and melodies.
>>
>>64393455

OP, mixing engineer here.

Ableton is honestly the easiest, most intuitive thing you can learn when it comes to DAWs, not to mention its power and flexibility.

Go Ableton. I've mastered it and all the skills I learned in Ableton are perfectly translatable into Pro Tools.
>>
okay thanks for your advice senpai
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.