[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>people actually think vinyl is the best formal Meanwhile
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 27.png (355 KB, 461x562) Image search: [Google]
27.png
355 KB, 461x562
>people actually think vinyl is the best formal

Meanwhile cd has
>MUCH higher dynamic range
>MUCH lower noise floor
>no where near the amount of distortion as vinyl
>doesn't degrade after every playback
>much smaller

Even cassettes can beat vinyl with a good cassette deck with dolby s and metal tapes

>muh warmth
Its called distortion, this is not a good thing to have
>>
good thread opie
>>
I've discovered during the last two years, since I can take CD-Rs home from the mastering plant, that there's an astonishing variation in quality between different CD plants. If you think digital is perfect, I have news for you. Many of us have been fooled by this myth that it's just 0s and 1s and therefore copies perfectly. It doesn't. The variations in quality are pretty wild, and random. Just the way you hook up a cable can make a difference. And there's no quality control in these CD plants, other than someone checking whether there's any level being transferred.
>>
> owning music in physical form

A great philosopher once observed that "you can't even hold music", remarking that such a thing was miraculous.
>>
literally doesn't matter

lmaoing at your life
>>
>>64392521
Can't scratch with CDs though can ya
>>
I completely agree, though unfortunately CD's are on their way out the door. My gf was telling me about how her professor(also a well-known record exec and producer) was explaining why CD's will be obsolete in 5 or 10 years and the future is vinyl and digital, in part because of things like the diminishing inclusion of things like CD players in new car models.
Shit sucks because there's no real reason to get more expensive vinyl over a cheap CD apart from the vinyls that have special additions, but that's where we're headed
>>
>>64392562
Wait, are you literally retarded?
>>
>>64392806
This is one of the reasons I hate vinyl cunts
>>
>being this butthurt

nobody cares m8 it's all a matter of preference, and vinyl is fun to collect to some people
>>
>>64392757
tru tru
>>
threads like this only help prove how autistic this board is
>>
just want to say that CDs do degrade, just at a very slow rate

vinyl is a good format for albums that were specifically mastered for the format, especially albums from the 60s and 70s

i dont understand why everyone gets booty blasted that someone uses a format you dont like
>>
>>64392841
>replying to pasta
are you?
>>
>>64393017
Me neither desu. /mu/ seems to never stop people from fighting over something
>>
>>64392521
ITT: Y U NO LIEK MUH FORMAT MOO?
getting triggered enough to make this thread
keks
>>
>>64392562
you should post this on an audiophile forum and watch them lose their shit
>>
File: kanye-west_0.jpg (267 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
kanye-west_0.jpg
267 KB, 612x380
because yeezy said so
>>
>>64393350
Yeezy taught me!
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.