[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm really self-conscious about singing at home, with my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: MTE5NDg0MDYzNTg4NzEzOTk5.jpg (66 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NDg0MDYzNTg4NzEzOTk5.jpg
66 KB, 800x450
I'm really self-conscious about singing at home, with my parents there and all, I usually sing while there's nobody there but mostly I sing while taking these long walks in a forest - sounds weird, I know. But now I kinda reached the point when I should start singing at home - I have some material and I'd like to record myself - it's my only option, really, since I can't afford renting some rehearsal space. The thing is, I think it's going to be embarrassing. I'd like to hear some perspective on this situation.
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 194x194) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 194x194
>>64392237
Go the Will "Shill" Toledo way and ask your parents to borrow your car. Drive somewhere and record inside the car. Great sound isolation and no one will hear you.
>>
That's what I've been doing, my voice is usually pretty shitty so I never wanna record anything or practice when anyone's home

When you look at the big picture it's kinda silly though, the worst thing that can happen is someone thinks you're bad, and even then there are plenty of shitty singers who are successful. You just gotta think of your voice as another instrument
>>
>>64392237
I can relate to this, try singing into a pillow
>>
>>64392292
im a schizophrenic and think my life is like the truman show. this won't work
>>
>>64392292
That would be great if I could drive.
>>
>>64392539

Hate to say it but you're a faggot
>>
>>64392539
jesus fuck what

your life isn't like the truman show, the only one constantly watching over you is you
>>
>>64392652
Hate to say it but i lol'd heartily my dude
>>
>>64392539
Sounds more like you're just a teenager. Get over yourself.
>>
>>64392726
Not him but as someone with a similar condition I'll jump into his defence and say this:

Schizophrenia and schizoaffective type disorders are most commonly associated with delusional folks detached from reality because, for many patients of the condition, that is specifically what the condition targets. Simply put, the part of the brain that can reason what is real and what is not is fug'd and it often makes the permanent association on certain, often outlandish concepts, to being completely real.

So although some of us can, superficially, be aware that out delusions are only or thoughts, our subconscious and instinct is always telling us otherwise. Animals we are, we still often listen first to instinct and reason the second after.

OP record in your goddamn closet.
>>
>>64392292
Not OP, but I've considered doing this.
>>
>>64392237
I was pretty much you when I was 17. Now I'm 21 and very comfortable onstage. Just keep challenging yourself.

If you go to school, build up the courage to do a talent show, especially if it's a small one.

If you're not in school, then look around for open mics. I've been to so many, and it's really a good push.

Record your shit constantly, mostly for yourself. This helps you improve a shit ton, especially confidence-wise. Don't go straight into sharing. Watch yourself. Check yourself before you wreck yourself my d00d.

only other advice i would give is to perform on other instruments, preferably those where you can't sing. A lot of it will help you in the singing department. I've been playing saxophone for 8 years and some of the techniques even improved my singing, but performance too.

good luck anon, I'm proud of u c:

*big gay smooch on the lips*
>>
>>64392935
I know what schizophrenia is m8, and I know that it's hard to think differently when you believe your delusions or can't even tell what is and isn't a delusion, but I'm just saying that there are bigger things in the world and that if it's a big enough problem that it's affecting his life like that he should definitely seek help.
>>
>>64393205
He acknowledges his condition and delusions, I think it's safe to assume he has already sought help or otherwise strongly considered it.

The thing is though, even with 'help' like therapy and antispychotic medicine, the underlying delusions are still there. As it stands currently the condition is yet to be one that can be truly cured.
>>
>>64392237
I just set up a singing general bro, would be nice to get everything singing related consolidated there >>64391887
>>
>>64393267
Yeah I know, it's one of the toughest things to overcome. In a psychology class I learned that once someone gets past that breaking point where they actually have schizophrenia they can never go back.
>>
>>64392237
When I had this issue I just straight up told my parents "I'm trying to get better at singing so don't be alarmed if you hear something like a cat dying". When learning guitar I had to sound shit before I could sound good, the same will be true of singing unless you're one of those rare bastards that somehow instinctively knows all the correct technique. If you want to learn to sing high and loud well, you're first going to have to sing high loud terribly and people in your vicinity will have to deal with it. That's just how it is.
>>
>>64393342
And I wonder might this also explain why a lot of the best singers and frontmen are highly extroverted and cocky, as that is the kind of person that would feel no shame yelling no matter who's around?
>>
>>64392539
It's not the original poster, just to be clear
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.