[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>desperately want to form a band >only have experience
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: 1460060636044.jpg (115 KB, 435x435) Image search: [Google]
1460060636044.jpg
115 KB, 435x435
>desperately want to form a band
>only have experience as a writer and a decent singing voice
>can't play anything

How to go about this, mates? Where can I find the Johnny Marr to my Morrissey?
>>
>>64392208
find your local scene. go to festivals, concerts, etc. you gotta find the people.
>>
force your friends to learn instruments and beat them if they are bad
>>
>>64392285
this honestly
>>
>>64392285

This was how Nirvana started
>>
>>64392285
Woah now Captain Beefheart
>>
if the only thing you have going for you is a "decent" voice then you should probably become more indispensable before your future band kicks you to the curb.
>>
>>64392350
>implying you need to be an amazing singer nowadays

Car Seat Headrest is the hottest indie band right now.
>>
>>64392208
Area?
>>
>>64392540
Fucking Brazil
>>
>>64392208
Have you tried calling Jonny Marr? He hasn't done anything worthwhile for the last 30 years.
>>
>>64392565
Woop no help there. I don't know about that man
>>
>want to form a band
>literally EVERYONE I know is only interested in guitar

I'd play the bass if I could sing and owned a bass
But this is going fucking nowhere
>>
>>64392565
Maybe someday you will be able to join the shittiest blackened thrash band ever as a bassist.

Who knows :^)
>>
>>64392738
Be a rhythm guitarist?
>>
>>64392800
But we still wouldn't have a bassist because I can't afford the both the bass and an amp
>>
>>64392565
Funk carioca cara
>>
>>64392285
A lot of people don't realize that this is how Glenn Branca / no wave rose to prominence.
>>
>>64392208
find a band, befriend a member or two, convince them their current singer is shit, wedge way into band, profit
>>
>>64392893
Play acoustically?

[spoiler]It's how my old band drove me and the drummer out[/spoiler]
>>
how do you even find people to make a band with none of my friends are interested in music and i have no idea what my local scene is even.

what do you even do? pass out business cards at shows like "hi i play guitar please hire me"
>>
>>64393182
Gumtree
>>
>>64393191
i'm american should i just use craigslist
>>
>>64393182
You could try making an announcement in a local newspaper, or just run around an art school.
>>
>>64393353
Should be the same then. Otherwise, if you've got a local music school put up a flyer there? I remember back when I used to go to uni, the music department had a noticeboard that people would pin flyers too looking for band members
>>
>>64392565
Where at in Brazil? southern Brazil has an insane music scene going on right now. I live in USA and am jealous
>>
>>64393535
São Paulo. I don't know anything about the music scene here.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.