[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel like everyone (people outside of /mu/) is praising this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Photos Library.jpg (162 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
Photos Library.jpg
162 KB, 1024x683
I feel like everyone (people outside of /mu/) is praising this as a super personal album but in my opinion the whole thing is undermined by the fact that there were like 15 writers on each song.

Doesn't that bother anybody else? I'm not usually the type to judge an albums artistic merit based on who did what, but in beyonce's case like how much fucking help does she need. I would love to see what she could come up with without the aid of 50+ ghostwriters/producers. It's fucking ridiculous.

also I feel like an album about marital problems with your spouse should have little to no input from other parties. Everything she's talking about on here seems so fake. ehh.
>>
I couldn't care less about who's made it

but the music is mostly VG+
>>
Strong 7 / Light 8
>>
>>64389181
It's fun, but it's nothing earth-shattering. It is being heavily hyped up by the mainstream media and music ""critics"" who believe Beyoncé is God incarnate. It's also an outlet for extremely loud and angry black people to vent their frustrations at whitey - something the tumblr crowd seems to fetishize.

Simply put it was a perfect storm
>>
Its awful people don't care who actually makes the music anymore they're retarded fans of celebrities not music.

The liberal dominated press just using this popular album as a tool to bait in people and propagate their agenda

Fuck.
>>
>>64389181
is everyone ignoring the fact that the album just sounds really really good?
>>
>>64389516
maybe some people don't think it sounds good
>>
>>64389516
not everyone likes boring pop. sorry pal
>>
>>64389181

>I would love to see what she could come up with without the aid of 50+ ghostwriters/producers

No you wouldn't, since it would be even worse trash than this album already is.

>>64389516

>sounds good
>loud abrasive radio pop with the occasional million dollar take on lo-fi aesthetics

nope
>>
>>64389181
>I would love to see what she could come up with without the aid of 50+ ghostwriters/producers
>>
>>64389866

Wait... Which one is her??
>>
>>64389507
No you idiot, it's the record company exploiting an audience. You think the people who produced it care about racial issues or did they make it to earn those tumblrbucks?

Not everything is an agenda /pol/.
>>
>>64389929

Actually you're fucking dumb if you acknowledge there's a team behind it but at the same time don't think there's some "progressive" push being wrapped up into the whole agenda. The record company is where most of the press release material originates, which is why almost literally every article is saying the exact same thing about the album and how it's ONLY FOR BLACK WOMEN and all about the black female struggle etc etc. Yes, the limp wristed yuppie fucks that wrote this record and the ones pushing it to the masses do indeed have a political agenda alongside their greed.
>>
>>64389968
until you post a press release your posts are the utterances of a tinfolier and nothing more

enjoy your paranoid delusions
>>
>>64389968
Are you mentally slow?

No one is going to have their "eyes opened" by this album. This album isn't pushing shit, it's the marketers and paid off critics jerking this album off, and they're doing it for monetary gain. Ask yourself, what would either political side gain from this?

Nothing, the only people who will listen to it ate the ones that agree with its messages in the first place.
>>
>>64390018

Uh what the fuck are you talking about? Are you disagreeing that the press releases associated with major pop albums don't originate within the record company?

>>64390058

>the album isn't pushing shit
>entire album of black people songs with press releases explaining how it's all for black people

I'm not saying it's going to open anyone's eyes, that's not the point. This album is supposed to reinforce views that people already have.
>>
>>64390142
haha just stop

just saying 'it originated with the record company' over and over doesn't make it true

provide a press release or stfu
>>
>>64390166

??? Really, dude? I don't have to fucking google "lemonade press release" for you. If you start combing through each website and reading what they've posted, you find literally the same phrases repeated by multiple publications. Major labels pay good money to have someone, or a team of people, compose glowing prose about their new release, which they then send to anyone and everyone, which is then copied and pasted into articles because people are lazy and just want content to post. This gives the label an opportunity to create whatever image they want.

If you aren't aware that this has been happening forever, you aren't in the music industry.
>>
>>64390205
show me some examples
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.