[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Used to be a /mu/tant(do you even still say this) but now I visit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: latest[1].png (155 KB, 240x312) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
155 KB, 240x312
Used to be a /mu/tant(do you even still say this) but now I visit this place maybe twice a year.

When did this place become so pleb?

I mean we used to have threads mocking r/Music but now I dare you to go there and find differences.

What went so wrong?

Also if you're here from 2008-2012, did you change your taste and started listening to hip hop and taylor swift just to stay in this place? Genuine answers.
>>
pretty sure nobody actually listens to post 2005 hip-hop and wpop. i'm convinced it's just memes. please be true.
>>
ive been here for years and never listened to any of this stupid mu core shit everyone talks about

i just like dubstep and top 40
>>
>>64387717
>waa

>waaaa

>WWWAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>64387770
this
>>
File: Babby.jpg (66 KB, 389x388) Image search: [Google]
Babby.jpg
66 KB, 389x388
>>64387717
>giving one iota of a fuck about what a bunch of strange autists think
>>
I used to come here from about 2006-2011. Just started revisiting this place like once a month for the past few months now.

Although, without interference of /mu/tants I've become some sort of kpop, top40 listening freak. I still like /mu/core and stuff though. I guess I'm just less of an asshole now.
>>
File: 1461066368027.jpg (182 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1461066368027.jpg
182 KB, 1024x1024
>>64387782
>I've become some sort of kpop, top40 listening freak.
>I guess I'm just less of an asshole now.
>>
>>64387792
I see your point, but I'll point out the "less of an" part.
>>
>>64387717
>le i'm too good for here meme
>>
>>64387717
I was here around 2011. The pop shit needs to stop, but overall I always loved hip hop.
>>
File: 1417744914636.png (287 KB, 664x332) Image search: [Google]
1417744914636.png
287 KB, 664x332
/mu/ be fine quit your bitching
>>
>>64387717
No you're right, it's a hundred times worse than it was then. Obviously everyone says this about every board ever, but it's true. There's not really any room for discussion anymore. Even the memeing isn't as prime.

There are almost no sharethreads anymore either. Really the only redeeming factor about the board are the generals, but even then those are often overtaken by circlejerking trips.

Just leave, if you can.
>>
>>64387740
haven't come here in a while. is wpop a term ppl actually use now?
>>
>>64387717
There is about one good thread every 2 days now. But it is reaaally worth it. Yesterday there was a pretty good "personal 10/10" thread without any /mu/core. I found 2 8+/10 albums in one night.
>>
>>64387717
>>64389439

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFKds0UWxNo

this. it;s only more rewarding if you find some gems under all dis plenposting
>>
>>64387717
Came here 2009, can't agree more with you. This place is essentially blue /b/ now with added tumblrisms, Kanye's 10 was the catalyst for all this but the board becoming mainstream for know nothings who wanted "obscure" music made it like this also.

I only listen to what I find through searching about music myself now and through buying physical of records I think I will like due to research done on them, I only come here out of habit now.
>>
>>64389811
That thread was great
>>
I literally just got here. Should I leave /mu/ forever before it's too late?
>>
>>64387767
b8
>>
>>64390516
yes
>>
>>64390516
obviously
>>
I'm here since 2006. Poptimism ruined this board, you know it's gone to shit when the most popular topic is pitchforks rating of a Beyonce album.

We're rolling stone tier now.
>>
I left early 2014, it was already getting way worse at that point, and it's almost completely unrecognisable now.
>>
>>64387717
Some people have what I think is the correct answer. When /mu/ stopped being elitist and edgy and shit, it became much more accessible. I remember first coming here and really feeling challenged about my taste in music and expanding it. Now it seems like there all these new people that post in the same threads all the time never leaving their comfort zone because being edgy and attacking someone's taste in music has become a meme, therefore, you can ignorantly just like Top40 or something. I mean, I still remember some version of the /mu/core charts without MBDTF and people constantly fighting over it and now all these debates are replaced with memes.

I don't listen to Taylor Swift and kpop, and am not really familiar enough about hiphop to make a comment about it.

There are some times where it feels like the old /mu/, but it rarely happens. The most I got out of /mu/ recently is probably jazz and classical threads sometimes.
>>
Thanks for the answers. I assumed that people wouldn't change their taste so I guess /mu/ is just a habit by now. Glad I left for good.

Also I agree with that one poster, MTBDF was probably the catalyst. Pitchfork going full mainstream was probably the cause.
>>
When did all the Kenick Lamar dick riders get here? This place might as well be r/music now.
>>
File: IMG_20160426_224545.jpg (2 KB, 72x82) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160426_224545.jpg
2 KB, 72x82
>>64387717
When hipster 2009 counter culture was absorbed into the mainstream it made some kind of abomination neo-hipstee culture, like coachella and generalnlust for shitty nigger rap and top 40 "Indie". It is the socially cool thing to do, which is why mu is invested with grimes, tame impala and Taylor Swift posts.

Also, r/indieheads is infesting the place. I know becausr i went on their chatroom and half of them go on here. Thankfully, recent fleet foxes, Mac demarco and father John misty hate threads are slowly driving them out.
>>
>>64387717
>implying /mu/ hasn't always been shit
>>
>>64392018
>Also, r/indieheads is infesting the place. I know becausr i went on their chatroom and half of them go on here.

Please tell them /mu/ is full and to fuck off
>>
>>64392095
Do it yourself. Its easy to spot them. They're usually on chart threads and will literally always try to find stuff they think is obscure and muh experimental to look cultured and musically knowledgable. Thehre also the only ones that defend vampire weekend, Mac demarco, fleet foxes, etc.
>>
>>64392144
They usually can't play an instrument, and they will always drone off fantanos taste. Hence why they will unironically claim fleet foxes is good yet hate on Lana Del Rey when they are both the same level of quality
>>
>>64387717
Idk senpai I was a daily browser in 2012 and 2013 and quit when the memerap thing started. The board quality just went downhill from there. I think it is still browsable though. There is that 1 troll in every thread but you can still have genuine discussion in this board.

>>64392144
I think Demarco is pretty good, haven't heard of that board once :^)
>>
>>64392144
ey mac is chill what are you on about
>>
>>64389838
go back to /pol/ you fag
>>
I got here in 2010 and it totally helped introduce me to so much new music, sharethreads had lots of obscure records, it was fun.

But it also helped me learn how to find music on my own. So no, I don't listen to them.
>>
File: stone.jpg (41 KB, 725x723) Image search: [Google]
stone.jpg
41 KB, 725x723
>caring about the opinions of a Siberian social anxiety forum
>>
There's of course NO way to accomplish this, but locking the underage kiddos out would de-shit this place tremendously.

(I can dream)
>>
>>64391722

That and Death Grips.

People took ironic listening way too seriously, same happened with mlp.
>>
/mu/ was always shit, and the tripfag era was garbage too, but goddamn if I didn't discover new music

nowadays you faggots only talk about things you already heard before.
>>
>>64392573
I think it's time to accept that some people might maybe genuinely like DG? Shit's not rocket science m9.
>>
>>64389461
yes
>>
I feel like this board peaked around 2011-12. Everything after that was shite.
I blame Yeezus
>>
>>64392617

Yes, as a result of taking ironic listening seriously, same with mlp.
>>
>>64392650
>ironic listening

Of course. You are the cancer that's killing /mu/. Don't act otherwise.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.