[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was supposed to be their best album. What happened?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (126 KB, 658x658) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126 KB, 658x658
This was supposed to be their best album.
What happened?
>>
quick smoking crack before producing it. Their inspiration, they're muse, sat unused in the pockets of a negro named Nel, awaiting the day its slaves would once again seek it out. That day has yet to come but as they exhale marijuana to tease that old feeling awake crack brought, their return to those glory days draws near.
>>
>>64385866
2spooky4me
>>
>>64385814
You knew they wouldn't top Bloom

We all knew anon
>>
>>64385866
Da Fuq?
>>
>>64385924
Devotion is better imo
Devotion > Bloom > Depression Cherry > Teen Dream > S/T > TYLS
>>
>>64385814
it's amazing
>>
it is their best album tho
>>
>>64385944
Pretty damn agreeable list even and I like that you have Teen Dream over Bloom

I have no idea why people do that when Bloom is basically Teen Dream 2.0
>>
>>64385968
don't have*
>>
File: 42332-thank-your-lucky-stars.jpg (73 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
42332-thank-your-lucky-stars.jpg
73 KB, 500x500
>>64385814

this was better than Depression Cherry

you can't deny this if you're a real Beach House fan
>>
>>64386037
The only track I listen to regularly from TYLS is Somewhere Tonight 2bh
>>
>>64386037
Doesn't even get good til the last few tracks.
>>
>>64385959
This
>>
>>64386108
Elegy to the Void is God Tier anon
>>
>>64386037

This was absolute mediocre boredom aside from like 3 songs. For fucks sake one of the songs is even a blatant copy of an older one. Enough so that actual reviews and interviews points it out.

besides that, not a single person expected DC to be their best album. They peaked at Bloom. Nobody was like "Oh man DC this is it!!!"
>>
>>64386641

I was just shitposting with TYLS but there was a lot of hype for DC. Not everyone was expecting a 10/10 but hopes were high
>>
Only album by there guys I can get into is Bloom. Everything else just kinda bores me.
>>
>>64386037
Agreed
>>
If it was all like Bluebird + Days of Candy then I'd like it more, rest is bland
>>
Teen Dream = Bloom > Devotion > Depression Cherry > Thank Your Lucky Stars >>>> Beach House
>>
>>64388938
Don't you mean Space Song and PPP?
>>
>>64389024
space song is probably the most boring beach house song I've heard haha
>>
>>64388938
My fave tracks too. I only come back to the album for those
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.