[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
my bassist brings a shit load of drama and only likes muse what do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 1449101290790.gif (213 KB, 232x377) Image search: [Google]
1449101290790.gif
213 KB, 232x377
my bassist brings a shit load of drama and only likes muse what do?
>>
>>64385513
Get a new Bassist
>>
Fucking can his ass and get another, bassists are a dime a dozen.
>>
sack him asap
>>
>>64385532
>>64385540
this
>>
chat shit, get banged mate
>>
>>64385513
unless he is the fucking musical genius of the band, tell him to quit the shit or leave. Leave personal bullshit at home.
>>
At least you have a band, mine left me out to dry
>>
>>64385578
naw he's kind of a shit head and is blown away by the dumbest chord progressions. Problem is idk how to tell him he isn't appropriate for the band now that you guys say it, cause we started out as friends.
>>
>>64385637
>>64385578
Come to think he's becoming a shit friend to.
ITT: How to get rid of someone because you're
a middle class pussy
>>
>>64385656
What kind of shit is he bringing to the band/relationship?
>>
>>64385656
Easiest thing I can think of. Move a few blocks away. Change phone number. Get a new practice space. Don't tell bassist about the meet ups. Change band name. Only go out at night. 24 hour stores only and wear a costume. Maybe always wear a costume.
>>
>>64385656
self respect and non-confrontational tendancies are at odds
>>
>>64385715
the other day we had his part ready for a new
song. He sees the rest of us begin. He sits for a
minute not touching his bass and walks out.
Comes back teary-eyed saying that he
shouldn't have to ask us to stop playing so he
can practice. He's not up for any song unless if it is pumped with muse sounding space shit. Deep down inside he wants to be lead and gives drummers shit.
>>
>>64385513
>muse
Drop him
>>
File: 1458315904581.jpg (12 KB, 297x253) Image search: [Google]
1458315904581.jpg
12 KB, 297x253
>>64385784
>drummers
>plural

Seriously though, that sounds like shit, tell him to shape up or he's gone. Is he any good?
>>
>>64385532
this, or pull a steve jones
>>
>>64385784
Tell him that if he doesn't get his shit together he's getting dropped.
>>
>>64385815
No bass training but he can play every note and its in the right place. Problem is we don't really know
anyone else who would fit. Our rhythm guitar is also best friends with him so chances are he will drop too.
It's a childish situation really
>>
>>64385855
Just sit down with him and seriously tell him that he's fucking with the flow, and to stop acting like a bitch and trying to inject his plebeian music into everything (in a more gentle, adult way). I always find that bassists are bit hard to come by, so be firm, but tread lightly
>>
Being in a band with someone is not at all like any other relationship - a friend, a family member, a girl/boyfriend, a fucking pet turtle. There is a common goal, and when that goal begins to split into counter-productive goals, you get shit results or just get in the way of each other.

You have to talk openly, as a band, about how important this is to each other and why this is becoming a problem. Regardless of whether or not your bassist is being a drama queen. If someone is putting gossip and social complications before creating music with like-minded musicians, tell them to drop it or find a more fitting outlet to be a firestarter.

Or skullfuck your bassist, your call friendo
>>
>>64385637
When I was 17 my best friend kicked me out of a band after being with them for a little over a year. We played with some national touring acts, released an album, sold over 150 tickets to some shows, even put out a tough guy music video. It was something that I was excited to be apart of, but really didnt give a shit about the genre (it was metalcore/deathcore bullshit). After they said they wanted to find someone who fit the "hardcore scene image" better, I was pissed off for a month or two, then I had a realization that it wasnt my thing, so why the butthurt? I just wanted to be in a band at the time and didnt care what it was, and it was fun for the time being. He was a close friend that wasnt worth throwing away.

Like all high school bands they fizzed out and now we live together and joke about it. If your guy really doesnt work with your group towards a greater whole , than can him. If hes really a close friend, than you guys will work it out.
>>
>>64385656
okay then, my story in >>64385909 is fucking irrelevant then. Tell him shit isnt working, give him the ban hammer and find someone else. Like someone earlier said, bass players are a dime a dozen. Just get someone with a good tone and good timing.
>>
>>64385888
>>64385894
>>64385909
>>64385972
thanks for the advice mates. I guess I just
needed to grow a pair and treat him differently
from when I treat him in my leisure time.
>>
>>64385855
The old rhythm guitar player was our drummers brother, but he kept saying he couldnt make it to practice, would come up with excuses, etc. So we litterally just stopped inviting him to practices and now hes pretty much been alienated out, fairly quickly and absolutly painlessly
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.