[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wanna know /mu/'s pretentious as thoughts on Pablo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 650x650
Wanna know /mu/'s pretentious as thoughts on Pablo
>>
still waiting for both versions to be available other than from shared files
>>
>>64385329
No Apple music or Spotify?
>>
>>64385294
I'm just angry that he sampled Arthur Russell in probably the single most disrespectful and lazy sample in history.
>>
>>64385370
no I believe its just the new version

I'm really hoping a physical release is double disc edition with both versions
>>
>>64385372
Yeah, that I've was pretty bad
>>
/mu/ hasn't been "pretentious" in like 7 years

This is a Tumblr/Twitter/Reddit friendly zone where people just parrot groupthink thoughts about the latest popular meme rap/R&B/pop
>>
It's pretty bad, sure theres some great songs but theres so much shit there that it's not worth sitting through to hear the great songs.
>>
>>64385372
all sampling is disrespectful
>>
>>64386072
not necessarily.

Like consider how J Dilla sampled Raymond Scott. He either looped interesting part of the compositions or he would leave it mostly intact.

This kanye sample of Arthur Russell is tone shifted and slowed down and then kanye sings directly over it and incorrectly quotes the lyrics of it.
>>
>>64386240
why do you get to decide what is or isn't disrespectful sampling
>>
>>64385402
new version is better imo
>>
>>64386302
Because I'm me, and I think it's disrespectful. I'm sure as hell going to argue it is. You don't have to agree.
>>
I remember people complaining about Kanye sampling Daft Punk, crazy right?
>>
All Day, I Feel Like That, and Only One should've been in there. Take out both Fathers, Highlights, and Freestyle. It would be goat 10/10 if it was like that.
>>
>>64386405
But fuck daft punk. I don't give a fuck about them. They have plenty of money and their music is pop anyway. Hell, the way he sampled daft punk isn't nearly as offensive either.

I mean just listen to how bad this track is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exXSMhktWmo
>>
>>64386421
So you would leave in Lowlights and Silver Surfer Intermission?
>>
>>64386399
dope response man, bulgakov would be proud
>>
>>64386486
Lowlights is no highlight (kek) but its not offensively bad like the rest I listed.

Silver Surfer Intermission is awkward but it also exists to separate the vision for "The Life of Pablo" and the bonus tracks that were tacked on at the end.
>>
>>64386432
Yeah, the only reasonably good thing on the track is the hook which is directly lifted from the sample.
>>
Some great songs. Some not so. Album flows together like constipation. Should have had All Day Kendrick Version
>>
I was actually listening to Yeezus right now and can say that I enjoyed that more than TLOP. TLOP wasn't bad though
>>
>>64386486
YEEZY YEEZY YOUS A WAVEY DUDE
>>
>>64386399
you a fascist senpai
>>
>>64385294
theuberestdude.tumblr.com
>>
>>64386072
>Skinny Puppy
>>
Yeezus<College Dropout<Graduation<WTT<TLOP<808

I don't understand how anyone can say they like 808, it was a poorly autotuned letdown after how dope Graduation was.
>>
File: I'm Much Smarter Than U.jpg (41 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
I'm Much Smarter Than U.jpg
41 KB, 600x600
>>64389689
>808s last
Get a hold of this shit taste
>>
File: Justrump.jpg (107 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
Justrump.jpg
107 KB, 400x600
Wow you faggots are legitimately discussing Kanye West.
>>
>>64389689
>not understanding basic math operators
mate
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.