[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Admit it. This is probably the single most important album of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: white.jpg (76 KB, 601x600) Image search: [Google]
white.jpg
76 KB, 601x600
Admit it. This is probably the single most important album of all time.
>>
>>64384643
lol
>>
why
>>
>>64384643
I agree.

>>64384670
>>64384672
This album is single handedly responsible for punk, metal, noise rock, drone and not mention the countless subgenres spouting from those.
>>
I'm guessing it's not as important as that one Mothers of Invention album that Sergeant Peppers ripped off.
>>
>>64385295
What does sgt peppers have to do with freak out?
>>
>>64384643
importance is such a retarded and boring concept and i say that as someone whose favorite band is TVU
>>
>>64384810
You mean TVU&N
>metal
This is objectively wrong. The psych rock scene birthed metal with Iron Butterfly, who were in no way inflenced by TVU
>>
>>64384810
It's not even really that album.
It's like, Sister Ray alone had that much influence.
And that's fucking amazing.
>>
>>64384810
>single handedly
Hardly on any of those accounts.
>>
>>64384810
>single handedly responsible
Just because you believe something, doesn't make it true
>>
>>64385393
>psych rock
>no way inflenced by TVU
what in the living fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>64385418
Psych rock doesn't mean drug rock.

Not all drugs feel the same.

Psychedelic rock. Psychedelic.
>>
>>64385440
I forgot to finish by saying, there is nothing inherently "psychedelic" about tvu at all.
>>
>>64385440
>>64385459
Can was definitely influenced by TVU and they are probably the most influential Psych rock band so again I say "what in the living fuck are you talking about?"
>>
>>64385554
>can are probably the most influential psych rock band
You are a kid. Quit talking out of your ass. Do you know what psychedelic means?
>>
Freak Out is more important. Only Sister Ray is important on White Light/White Heat
>>
>>64385593
Like, are you claiming that Can isn't a psychedelic rock band now?

Are you seriously claiming that they aren't influential?

I'm speechless.
>>
>>64385364
mccartney was namedropping stuff like Freak out and stockhausen and pet sounds around the time sgt pepper's dropped.
>like he was just some random pretentious /mu/ shitposter
he said freak out made them reconsider what the album format could offer rock.
>>
>>64385593
>>64385600
I'm kind of with him. I don't know how you can really claim CAN wasn't influential.
>>
>>64385642
Their influence on psych rock is eclipsed by their achievements as a genre defining krautrock band. I doubt most people would simply call Can a psych rock band. I believe even fewer people would claim that Can had influence on psychedelic rock, a genre that was pretty much already formed and kind of over with, as far as it being a movement or scene of any sort.
>>
>>64385756
If you assume that psychedleic rock ended in 1968, sure, but psych rock continues to this very day and can is definitely more influential on modern psych rock groups like deerhunter than the doors are.
>>
>>64385742
They were, not in psych rock when it was in full swing.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.