[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THAT BOY NEEDS THERAPY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: since I left you.jpg (78 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
since I left you.jpg
78 KB, 500x500
Holy Shit this album is amazing I can't believed it took me this long to listen to this. Everything is perfect. Anything else like this? Also albums that flow perfectly from song to song.
>>
>>64383084
My favorite album of all time man. I've never listened to it and been bored. In fact, I find something new every time because it's so dense.

Try out Endtroducing, Kaleidoscope by DJ Food, Cartooom by Plus-tech Squeeze Box, and the new Neon Indian album.
>>
J Dilla-Donuts, Byrne and Eno-My Life in the Bush of Ghosts, and DJ Shadow-Endtroducing are all essential sample-based albums
>>
>>64383181
>>64383190
>Endtroducing
>Neon Indian
>Donuts
These, OP.
>>
Akufen-My Way is based totally off radio samples. It doesn't have the same atmosphere as since i left you, but still worth a listen.
>>
>>64383084
Try:

Mylo - Destroy Rock & Roll
Lemon Jelly - Lost Horizons
Blockhead - The Music Scene

Also grab The Avalanches' Cornerstone Mix. It's a 25 minute live mix on par with SILY. Their early EP's, particularly Undersea Community, are worth checking out too.
>>
>>64383181
Love Neon Indian and I've been meaning to get to Endtroducing
>>64383190
Listened to a couple singles off Donuts one time, thanks for reminding me
>>
File: 1460137176474.png (501 KB, 1280x723) Image search: [Google]
1460137176474.png
501 KB, 1280x723
>>
>>64383314
> 3 minutes in to deck the house
god tier
>>
File: WHY_1.jpg (356 KB, 1102x1103) Image search: [Google]
WHY_1.jpg
356 KB, 1102x1103
Have you even given their second album a listen yet?
>>
Niggas on the moon obviously
Seconding Blockhead too.
>>
I think this is one of those /mu/core albums that always surprises newfriends.
>>
Jesus H. Christ this is an uneventful, boring album. I mean, for background music while playing videogames, yeah, it's alright, but there's a ton of better stuff out there for that purpose. Namely, just about anything with guitars in it. The video for "Frontier Psychiatrist" is entertaining, though, even if the song isn't. Maybe I'm old-fashioned, or really used to guitar-driven music, but I just can't get into this group. This shit is way overrated.
>>
Solex doesn't sound too similar but she uses lots of samples still.

Den Sorte Skole is a great group that does sample-heavy instrumental hip hop. Their last two albums kind of drop the hip hop aspect though.

Endtroducing, The Music Scene, My Life in the Bush of Ghosts, and the new Neon Indian album are also great like everyone is saying.
>>
which meme is worse

this >>64385016

or this >>64385104
>>
>>64385016
fuck off
>>
>>64385016
I WISH THIS WAS REAL ;_;
>>
>>64383084
You'll have to wait for the new Avalanches album m8
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.