[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Noise: why is it so shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: 1461711044983.jpg (70 KB, 636x380) Image search: [Google]
1461711044983.jpg
70 KB, 636x380
Why does noise music, which is supposedly totally built on the foundation of total radicalism and freedom and invidivualism, all sound the same?
Why are noise fans so pretentious yet so incapable of explaining what the merit of noise music is?
Is noise music a scam exploiting gullible idiots desperate to be seen as being into something "radical"?
Is noise music for losers?
Is noise music for ex-metalheads who now want to look intelligent but still can't let go of bonheaded "extremism" in sound and imagery?
>>
It's not shit you just don't get it.

Stop spamming these dumb threads.
>>
>>64382663
>noisefags are now unironically falling back on the "you don't get it!" line of defense

Pathetic. If you genuinely like this shit at least I would expect you to be capable of doing a more convincing job at defending it.
>>
>>64382917
We do so in every thread you spam and you still don't get it.

Clearly something is wrong with you.
>>
>>64382959
>Clearly something is wrong with you.

What would that be?
Since when is having a functional pair of ears and not swallowing every turd that's shoved on my plate under the pretense of being "groundbreaking and transgressive" something that could be classified as "wrong"?
The reason I keep making these threads is because you people keep failing at presenting solid arguments in favor of this shit.
>>
File: GalacticTornado.png (319 KB, 515x458) Image search: [Google]
GalacticTornado.png
319 KB, 515x458
>>64383100
It is music focused around interesting tones, which melody and rhythm distract from.

Dynamics are still important since hearing the same interesting tone over and over again is boring.

I post this in every anti-noise thread. I've seen it posted by others in every anti-noise thread.
>you people keep failing at presenting solid arguments in favor of this shit
No we don't.

Also, not all noise is innovative or good. Some of it is shit. But some of it is really really good.
>pic related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uj1GpG_FnY
>>
>>64383204
This is monotonous and one-note as shit. I thought the whole appeal of noise was supposed to be that it was supposed to throw a hundred things at you at once? This has no impact.
>>
>>64383328
>This is monotonous and one-note as shit
I'm starting to think you're just memeing here.
>>
>>64383367
It's just this dull grey trudge in one lane, boring as fuck.
Like I said, I thought the whole thing with noise was supposed to be that it's supposed to induce sensory overload or something, overpower the listener. This doesn't do that. It's just one movement after another.
Or is this actually supposed to be that?
>>
Ignore the anti-noise rockist memer.
Has anyone here heard the new Gero tracks? They're absolutely mind blowing and I think they really outdid themselves with this LP.
>>
>>64383443
Wait, The Gerogerigegege is actually seen as a "good" noise band? I thought they were treated as a gimmicky joke, being to noise what Anal Cunt is to grindcore.
>>
>>64383524
Except Anal Cunt are an actually good grindcore band.
>>
>>64383524
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZGNTx6SrrE
>>
>>64383533
They're actually successful at being ridiculous, which is more than I can say for The Gerogerigegege and their forced antics.
>>
>>64383566
For the record, I am a noise fan and musician who has never heard a Gerogerigegege song.
>>
>>64383552
>simplistic and repetitive noise rock jam with walls of distortion to distract from its banal and underdeveloped nature

I've literally hung out in my friends' garages as a teenager while watching bands that sounded like this(and which were formed of members who were like 17-18 years old at the time) practice and record demos.
If this is supposed to be impressive then fuck, I guess liking noise has less to do with trying to look sophisticated and more to do with just having really low standards.
>>
>>64383666
Who ever said it was about trying to look sophisticated? Those people are dumb.
>>
>>64382572
How long are you going to make these threads? Serious question, op. Why do you insist on spam all this anti-noise shit? Don't you get tired?
>>
Noise as a genre effectively ended in the previous decade.

Pretty much everybody switched to making ebm/techno/minimal synth instead. Only hacks like Merzbow and Hijokaidan stuck with it because they're old men and making bank off of noise-dads by doing the same shit again and again.

All new noise of this decade has a much more prevalent synthy element to it. See the shit coming out of Denmark and Sweden.

A lot of it still sucks though.
>>
>>64384447
Wrong opinion. Try again, dipshit.
>>
>>64384547
I'm 100% correct

There hasn't been a single noteworthy harsh noise release of this decade
>>
>>64384662
>I'm 100% correct

You're not, though.

>There hasn't been a single noteworthy harsh noise release of this decade

Incorrect. You haven't explored enough. But we get it. You don't like thing and that's okay. I do.
>>
the real losers are those who think it's wrong to enjoy things they don't enjoy
>>
>>64384823
lol you kidding me

I *played* noise shows across the US from 2006-2011. I like this stuff
The scene just took a creative nosedive around the turn of the decade. The only people who still do full on harsh noise or "primitive, all analog" p.e. are approaching the sound from an incredibly conservative metal-headed perspective which is not something I want to be involved with
There's no playful creativity left in the genre
>>
i have an audio interface, a dynamic mic and a few cables, how do I make noise music with it?
>>
>>64384951
figure it out retard
it's not hard
>>
>Pharmakon

She's the face of noise because she's a mildly attractive girl, nothing more. As far as artistry goes, she's below average at best.
>>
>>64384951
>Plug mic into an interface input
>Plug another input into an interface output

That was easy
>>
>>64383204
Sounds interesting desu, but should this really be classed as music?
>>
>>64385143
Yes, obviously.
>>
>>64385143
either is arguable
>>
>>64385163
i read merzbow started out with the goal of making "not music" but now accepts that people call what he makes music.
aube used to call his shit "sound designs", but i guess that just because he was a designer and it's more about the approach of his particular work
>>
>>64385159
Sounds more similar to them nature sound tapes. Wouldn't call that music
>>
>>64385323
Field recordings don't have a deliberate structure organized by a human mind.
>>
>>64385354
I call anything I listen to that's on an album "music"
>>
>>64384447
>noise dads
Before you know it, dad noise will be a real thing.
>>
>>64382572
'Guys, stop liking things I don't like!' the post
>>
>>64385018
She's not really noise. She makes death industrial.
>>
>>64386079
Are you seriously applying it's not already?

All noise shows are full of Louis CK looking-ass niggas sipping $8 beer and enjoying regurgitated shit again and again
>>
>>64386115
which is a type of PE which is a type of noise. PE is like a subgenre of both noise and industrial
>>
>>64383204
Oh god fucking dammit I like noise now I think. I was curious but I didn't actually want this to happen. What I just heard was pleasant and not at all unpleasant? My concept of noise is being rewritten.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.