[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it okay to listen to Soundtracks for the Blind in two sittings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 1448721680321.gif (414 KB, 520x520) Image search: [Google]
1448721680321.gif
414 KB, 520x520
Is it okay to listen to Soundtracks for the Blind in two sittings
its just too damn long for me to make time for but I'm tired of putting it off
>>
pls
>>
File: 1456029982155.png (554 KB, 596x550) Image search: [Google]
1456029982155.png
554 KB, 596x550
Rockism kills
>>
>>64380386
kys
>>
>is it okay?

who gives a fuck. just do what you want to do you autist.
>>
>>64380567
I don't even fully grasp the rockism/poptism meme

I just generally like to listen to albums that aren't compilations/mixes in 1 sitting so my first interpretation of it takes the whole work into account.

I really wish your picture wasn't making me feel slight shame.
>>
what I'm asking is, are both discs considered two separate entities that work together or do most people consider it to be one fluid piece?
>>
>>64380629
poptimism and rockism are 2 different things
rockism is its own thing, whereas poptimism is a branch of new sincerity
look it up
>>
>>64380629
Rockist is a shit meme. Don't feel "shame" from some anime retard. Do what you fucking want to do dude, lifes to short to care what some autist on /mu/ thinks is "right."

If the album is that engaging, you'll leave it on. If it's not, you can finish it some other time. Problem solved. You don't have to force yourself to listen to everything /mu/ likes.
>>
>>64380709
Oh no its not like a matter of me getting bored and wanting to drop it, I've done that with like 3 new albums today when they stopped being interesting.

Its more of a matter of I'm finding it hard to remember to listen to it in the rare times when I have 2.5 uninterrupted hours that wouldn't be better off spent sleeping

Plus I enjoy post rock a lot so I think its time I give Swans a try and see if they're my thing
>>
>>64380752
there's a good chance you'll like it, it's always reminded me of a GY!BE album.. all im saying is it's "okay" to separate the album into separate listens if thats what works for you

you should stop caring what /mu/ thinks or if they approve of your listening habits, just do what works for you
>>
i tried listening to sftb today but thoughts of death kept flooding my mind to the point where it was fucking with me, i felt like i was high. (haven't smoked in like a month)

is this normal?
>>
Of course all the links in the archive are down
Of course soulseek sets me far back in queue
Of course I can't torrent because university restrictions

guess it wasn't meant to happen today
>>
>>64381001
try again and embrace it
>>
>>64381058
dude, ill upload it if you need it, but it'll take me 10-20 min to do
>>
>>64381144
I'd appreciate that a ton
Is there anything you want uploaded that I could see if I have by some chance?
>>
>>64381134
i have decided to do so when i'm completely fucked. i feel like it's the ultimate depression album.
>>
File: 1459125430886.jpg (31 KB, 421x477) Image search: [Google]
1459125430886.jpg
31 KB, 421x477
>>64380629
I'm just poking fun at you because your apparent lack of intelligence and critical thinking skills

>>64381058
>he doesn't possess a copy
>>
>>64381202
Nah, it's cool. I'm uploading it now. 5 minutes remaining according to mega.
>>
>>64381218
actually I find it to less outright depressing and more just numbing. like the feeling of death, aka the absence of feeling
>>
>>64380386
>>64380598
this, /mu/ isn't your parents, you don't have to ask permission to listen to an album, do whatever the fuck you want to do
>>
>>64381277
>>64381202
>>64381058
https://mega.nz/#!Xt1BBKaY!GOKbPK1Fsj1NjxTDDt4yRYzuEkXXUCv23w0aW8dLbCc

Enjoy. It's v0.
>>
>>64380658
if you dont get the 2nd disc in your listening device within 20 seconds of the 1st disc finishing you might as well never listen to swans again
>>
>>64381420
Means a lot man, thanks!
>>
>>64381354
the feeling of death is something i could never take well and that's why this album is so difficult for me, my first time getting high i sat in a corner and weeped to myself while thoughts of death came into my mind like a sewage pipe pouring into the atlantic.
when i can finally sit through all of this is when i can finally see myself as a better man.
>>
>>64381436
no worries, sharing is caring, or whatever they say

listen to it at your own leisure in anyway that you want and hopefully you'll enjoy it
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.