[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can't stop listening to this shit, and I don't mean
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 800x800
Can't stop listening to this shit, and I don't mean that in a good way. I wanna listen to albums I've never heard before, but all I ever wanna do anymore is put this on. What do I do? Does this problem happen to anyone else?
>>
You'll grow out of it and will probably cringe at it in a few months
>>
>>64378258
That's the thing; it HAS been a few months. I used to do this a lot (especially in college) where I'd just get hooked on specific artist or album and exclusively listen to them, but it usually lasted a week tops. I've been listening to this almost non stop since January, and it keeps getting better and better. I couldn't even listen to Kanye's new album because of it
>>
>>64378628
you just sound like a faggot

also free gucci 6/20/16
>>
i don't have this problem specifically but a similar problem,

as i get older i have a harder time getting into newer artists and it gets rarer and rarer that i really love a new album i hear or a new song even. i mostly find myself revisiting shit i've been listening to for years because i can't find anything as enjoyable.

it's like the south park episode where stan grows up, that shit is true senpai
>>
>>64378258
this happened to me pretty quickly, the actual music isn't that good, it's like theme music, would go well in a movie soundtrack but long term re-listening is not that great
>>
>>64378016
Trust me, you'll let go at some point, but you seriously need to reach out of your Mac DeMarco comfort zone and listen to other artists that sound similar. And from that, you'll listen to stuff less and less similar to Mac's work, then before you know it, you'll find static as catchy. Have fun!
>>
>>64378016
>help I like this album too much

How the fuck is this a problem? Just enjoy it. It's a great album too.
>>
>>64379538
sadly this will happen to all of us. it's inevitable. maybe we won't become full hardcore idolizers of the past, but it's gonna be difficult to keep up with the shifting times as we grow older,
>>
>>64379538
where are you looking? i stopped checking music journalism sites because they all peddled the same pool of artists but im always finding new music to enjoy
>>
>>64378016
See him live. and look at the audience. That made me question a few things about myself. I haven't listened to him since. He's great live btw.
>>
>>64378016
>>64380688
This.

>i like this album but other people don't so I guess I shouldn't either
>>
ur a gaycunt
>>
if mac demarco was a fruit he would be mark the mango
>>
>>64378258
if you havenothing to say dont post
>>
>>64381557
lol
>>
>>64380569
your illiterate
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.