[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HHAOTY desu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: aesop rock the impossible kid.jpg (468 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
aesop rock the impossible kid.jpg
468 KB, 1024x1024
HHAOTY desu
>>
File: cover.jpg (1 MB, 2500x2500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
1 MB, 2500x2500
this or UU for sure. Theyre both really great.

if you want some chill af boom bap - the new Ivan Ave is sweet
>>
tfw /mu/ sleeping on Aesop
>>
>>64377500
Had no idea he was dropping something this year tbqhwyfamalam
>>
File: a.png (173 KB, 464x446) Image search: [Google]
a.png
173 KB, 464x446
Is it worth watching the entire video?
>>
>>64377635

I haven't seen it myself but my friend said it was really good.
>>
Aesop Rock has always been whack
dude uses a fucking rhyme dictionary
>>
>>64377673

>dude uses a fucking rhyme dictionary

better than having a dozen ghost writers like Drake or Kanye.
>>
>>64377673
>getafuckingloadofthisidiot.jpg
>>
>song about feeling insecure because an ice cream scooper at Baskin Robbins has tattoos

Oh Ace
>>
>>64376526
can someone give me link? only I found was 192kbs
>>
>My little brother is a funny dude
>A lot of funny shit happened to him
>My other brother pretty funny too
>Ain't seen him in a minute though

that feel

>>64377859

there is no better quality out yet senpai
>>
>>64377859
It's streamable on YT, only torrent is fucking .wav
>>
>>64377708
>>64377733
nah fuck you and fuck aesop

dude literally raps about being a dinosaur playing marbles on the beach
its fucking gibberish

dont understand why anyone wants to listen to this white as fuck dude try to show off his rapping skills by throwing around random ass ten dollar words.

this dude 'raps' without rhythm or cadence it's more like spoken word but it's all fucking meaningless when his mouth is just a fucking firehose with random as fuck syllables pouring out with no flow

the moment someone says they like aesop i am 100% sure they have fucking garbage taste in hip hop
>>
>>64377980
>dude literally raps about being a dinosaur playing marbles on the beach
>its fucking awesome

Fixed your typo

>white as fuck

His mom's name is Jameija
>>
File: my top 50 hip-hop.jpg (2 MB, 1485x950) Image search: [Google]
my top 50 hip-hop.jpg
2 MB, 1485x950
>>64377980

would you rather him shout repetitively about sex, drugs, money, gangs, etc. set to basic trap beats like the majority of rappers right now? does hearing him rap about things that aren't generic and ignorant trigger your puny brain?

also pic related is my top 50, go ahead and judge me faggot
>>
>>64378040
why did you even bother with this list when you could have just asked /mu/ to post 50 hiphop albums and screenshotted the thread instead
>Binary Star
>Big K.R.I.T.
>Jedi Mind Tricks
seriously are you sure this is your top 50 and not just the first 50 albums you could think of
>>
>>64378180

okay post yours then

also Masters Of The Universe and Violent By Design are generally agreed to be underground classics, they aren't even unpopular picks

Big K.R.I.T. is a personal favorite though
>>
>>64378248
>okay post yours then
nah kid
I've listened to enough hip hop to not need to post a top 50 chart that I worked on for hours as a knee jerk reaction to any criticism
there are better rappers with the pseudo intellectual lyrics and spoken word flow that aesop tries lazily tries to go for like milo and as an added bonus it isn't even fucking gibberish, the words even make coherent sentences when you put them in order
>>
>>64378408
You're a very angry person.
>>
>>64378408

>nah kid
>I've listened to enough hip hop to not need to post a top 50 chart

and I'm supposed to just take your word for it? you have the nerve to say your taste is better but you don't have the balls to prove it?

>milo

AHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAAHAHAHAAA how can you possibly say Aesop is pseudo-intellectual and then go and listen to milo holy shit

milo is trash, he's literally "watch me namedrop all this entry-level art shit to seem special and whine about racism"
>>
Definitely HHAOTY so far but to be fair it doesn't really have competition, the only one close is UU.
>>
>>64378040
horrible, mbdtf gkmc and fucking death grips in the top 5 what a joke
>>
>>64378408
>calls people out for having shit taste
>to scared to post own taste
>>
>>64376526
My pick is definitely Westside Gunn - FLYGOD, it's fire and it's modern boom-bap. It's got Action Bronson, Danny Brown, Roc Marciano, DJ Qbert, Meyhem Lauren and Skyzoo
>>
>started as the forefront of the NY underground scene in 00s
>currently finishing self-produced albums in a literal barn in bumfuck Washington
He never ceases to amaze me; he's been through so much for so long and his music always reflects a turning point in his life. Combing through his albums is like a flipbook of sorts that gets more dark, heartfelt and funny as it goes. I will say Skelethon had a more memorable tracklisting through, but the subject matter on IK provided a lot more direct reference to his hardships.
5/7, breddy gud album
>>
starting now
>>
Used to draw.
>>
>>64382648
yeah wtf this is pretty awesome. not sure I've ever heard a song about this before.
>>
>>64382673
It's also just a catchy fucking hook the way he delivers it.

>Used to paint.
>Hard to admit that I used to paint.
>>
dorks is kinda losing the momentum
>>
File: 1461312684835.png (564 KB, 719x719) Image search: [Google]
1461312684835.png
564 KB, 719x719
>>64377980
Most of his lyrics are metaphorical, he sings a lot about childhood and what the world is like from a kid's point of view.

Nigga's literally got a song about a kid who won't eat vegetables, like that's the whole thing, but he amplifies the story with the lyrics.
>>
>>64382805
Give it a chance, I found the best songs where on the second half, at least on my first listen. No doubt my favourite songs will change as I listen to it more.
>>
>>64382864
ok cuz rabies isnt really helping either

its not that bad but this isnt exactly an aoty song
>>
>>64377980
imafuckingidiot.jpg

youre literally criticising a rapper for rapping about abnormal subject matter and using metaphors.
>>
the albums 50 minutes long but feels about 20.

so good. AOTYSF
>>
>>64377673
>dude uses a fucking rhyme dictionary
whats wrong with that?

he's a little too monotone for me though especially combined with his vocal tone of which I'm not a huge fan.

his flows kinda monotone as well. very little sway.
>>
>>64383027
The Impossible Kid is still monotonous but I felt he switched up his flow nicely on the album. Rings, Blood Sandwich, Lazy Eye and Get Out of the Car were pretty good examples of that.
>>
I'm appreciating the Al Jourgensen shout out though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljgs9Bbe_wU
released April 15, 2016
>>
>>64383061
you mean like different styles? yeah although I was talking about his rap flow i.e. meter. It's on point but very little sway i.e. variety. My biggest problem is its tonally monotone. He picks one or two notes then just honks them out for an hour.
>>
>>64383295
So it's not so much the flow but the tone? I get that, it is the same throughout all of his albums pretty much, I've just gotten used to it I guess.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.