[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do you have to be tall to play the bass/have big fingers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1461374019678.jpg (35 KB, 522x871) Image search: [Google]
1461374019678.jpg
35 KB, 522x871
do you have to be tall to play the bass/have big fingers?
>>
>>64375778
>do you have to be tall
No, but you should wear your strap really low if you're under 6 ft
>do you have to have big fingers
Not really, but you seem girly if you don't
>>
>>64375846
>but you seem girly if you don't
how so
>>
>>64375878
If a camera records up close on your fingers, especially near the fret board and it is compared to the guitarist
>>
Bass is literally the go-to girl instrument
>>
Double bass or elecric?
Double: yes and no
Electric: no and no
>>
>Do you have to be tall?
Not really, I don't think it makes a lot of difference. Sure, the instrument will be huuuge compared to you, but if your arms are long enough to reach the tuners while standing up I suppose it's fine.

>Do you have to have big fingers?
It helps, but not necessary. For instance, a friend of mine plays the bass, and although she's just a few centimeters shorter than I, she can play the bass no problem with her significantly smaller hands.
>>
No. I'm a short fuck and I have scary spider hands.
>>
>>64376142

You don't have to be tall to play Double Bass. They make ones in smaller sizes, though they don't sound quite right. They also make monstrously tall basses for basketball players who want to pursue classical or something.

Electric Upright is probably the only bass where being tall is actually a necessity, because they're all pretty tall.
>>
>>64375778
No but it helps.
>>
>>64375846
>wear your strap really low if you're under 6 ft

I think you mean under 16 years old
>>
I'm 6'2 and its confturable to play but it's not anymore comfortable than playing my jazz master, most bases are heavier so I could see a potential advantage of being tall, the hand/finger size won't affect any of your playing unless you have a 8 string or something
>>
comfortable*
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.