[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /mu/'s opinion on Wavves?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: f0c974d3.jpg (143 KB, 452x452) Image search: [Google]
f0c974d3.jpg
143 KB, 452x452
What's /mu/'s opinion on Wavves?
>>
From the first album to King of the Beach, really great. Everything after that is a fucking shame.
>>
>>64371806
First two albums are meh, KOTB is fantasic, Afraid of Heights, while flawed, is also fantastic, V is Nathan being afraid of being criticized for leaving his surf-pop-punk bubble so writing a really uninspired samey album, and I just want him to have another public breakdown causing him to become creative and interesting again

Also the Lift Sux EP is GOAT
>>
>>64371806
7/10 band
>>
>>64371806
veneer listened but that is the most basic white girl album cover I've ever seen
>>
>>64372631
If you think THAT is basic white girl, wait till you hear the album.
>>
Love em, great live show
>>
>>64372989
Based Nathan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g9Gf1pDT18
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7V0TG2YM2Q
>>
>>64371806
King of the Beach is their magnum opus. Solid 8.5/10.
S/T and Wavvves are just OK. Afraid of Heights was also totally forgettable.
Life Sux has solid songwriting, and therefore had potential to be pretty good, but the ultra-clean production ruined it for sure. Sounds like Blink-182: Beach Edition.
This ultra-clean production reappeared on V, but V didn't even have good songwriting, so that album is definitely their worst.

As a band, I find their personas charming but kind of obnoxious at times. The whole DUDE WEED + SATAN + SURFING + DORITOS LMAO thing is getting old, fast. Pretty much every song is the same, lyrically, but I guess that's OK. There's almost no genuine emotion anywhere to be found in their music. Seems like Nate couldn't care less about anything, including his songwriting. Puts no effort into anything at all. There's just a lot of whining going on, but the songs are fun, catchy pop tunes.
Sometimes their imagery is a little cringey and edgy, too, but that's just my personal preference. They're like white Tyler, the Creators, basically.

King of the Beach is a good album by a generally so-so band. Possibly a fluke. Whatever.

Nate seems like a cool guy, though.

7/10 overall. Would be a 5/10 without KotB.
>>
>>64371856
Shit opinion
>>
Shit band. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.
>>
Why do all you faggots like kotb so much it's whatever only like 2 good songs on that album. His first 2 albums are his best and downhill from there. He's okay live but doesn't play enough of his old stuff. His newest album 2 is fucking garbage radio rock. Overall they are a 6.5/10 band. The whole being bored, life sux, dude weed lmao, and I love the beach stuff gets annoying and he needs to move on from That if he wants to make another good album
>>
>>64373503
>only like 2 good songs
>King of the beach
>Post Acid
>Green Eyes
>Linus Spacehead
Are goat songs
>>
>>64373558
Post acid and green eyes are the only 2 good songs
>>
>>64373294
There's no such thing as an 8.5 magnum opus, genius.
>>
>>64373629
no fampai
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (147 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
147 KB, 1500x1500
>>64371856
>First two albums are meh
>>
>>64373640

You don't know what magnum opus means.
>>
even when they're all stoned out of their minds, they put on an awesome show. saw them 2 months ago and they played only a few of their new songs and i didn't really mind. if you guys haven't heard dreams of grandeur, it's kind of a return to form for them as it sounds like a combination of kotb/aoh

for me it's: kotb > aoh > vvv > cloud nothings collab > life sux > s/t > V
>>
>>64371806
Great band. I have glanced at most of their work except the most recent. I think all of the albums hold merit and they have some great singles

my picks:
> Supersoaker
> Sail to the Sun
> Idiot
> Post Acid
> Nine is God
> I want to Meet Dave Grohl
> No Hope Kids
> Beach Demon

Also, one of the funnest bands live/
>>
>>64373294
>puts no effort into anything, including his songwriting
And that's why he's a rich and famous musician who is either touring or making music pretty much constantly
What do you do anon
>>
>>64374420
my favs:
>Wavves
>No hope Kids
>Kotb
>Green eyes
>Linus Spacehead
>Sail to the Sun
>Demon to lean on
>That's on me
>My head hurts
>Way too much

>>64374477
Not him but I'm gonna defend anon

Nathan even says it himself
>I hate my writing it's all the same

Nathan is talented and made some great songs but much of it suffers from sounding pretty similar and Nathan has much more potential
>>
File: saad.jpg (31 KB, 428x376) Image search: [Google]
saad.jpg
31 KB, 428x376
>>64374477
>What do you do anon
I...I shitpost day in and out on a Mongolian throat singing forum while contemplating suicide.
>>
really enjoyable on coke

>>64374081
from what i've seen on youtube and heard from friends, they're awful live
>>
>>64371806
wavves wavvves and kotb is pretty good
>>
Dug them until I found fidlar desu
>>
>>64373848
lol neither do you, Cowboy Brown.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eikt0Wz6aIg
it was best when Nathan and Zach Hill toured desu
>>
>>64375832

pretty wild that their unreleased album was produced by flatlander
>>
What if it WAS Zach Hill shitposting on /mu/ with Wavves when he was still in the band? And so he is now shilling with death grips.
>>
>>64375832
Did Zack record any studio material with him?
>>
>>64375678
This. There new albums is pretty lame but their s/t is THE GOAT album of this little subgenre
>>
>>64376007
I think it was like 3 songs and im not sure if they were released
>>
>>64371856
Their first two album are the best though
>>
>>64375832
The drumming is way too good for this sludgy sound
>>
>>64375832
why is Zach Hill 10x better sounding in every non-Death Grips project
>>
>>64371856
Objectively correct
>>
>>64376284
They compliment each other well
>>
they're alright
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.