[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We're judged by our tastes. What musical tastes do women
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: 1461081829717.jpg (94 KB, 473x704) Image search: [Google]
1461081829717.jpg
94 KB, 473x704
We're judged by our tastes.

What musical tastes do women like to see in men?

It obviously has to be music they themselves like, but a self-respecting man can't hang up framed Michel Buble posters, so the music has to be male-oriented but female friendly.

Some bright sparks will answer my question with unsolicited advice, but that's not necessary, since I'm already familiar with all platitudes on the subject of dating. Please keep it to yourself, Kevin.

Music that women are categorically turned off by:
Noise
Ambient
Folk music as sung by actual peasants (shiny clean city boys in flannels are fine, though)
Country music (because it is sung by unironic peasants)
Anything not listened to by groups of people holding alcoholic drinks
Symphonic or orchestral music (solo classical music might be acceptable if it's on piano or violin, the most normal and thus most attractive instruments)
Pop music that is more than ten years old

What else? We can work this out by process of elimination.
>>
You think Marlyn Monroe would have been a good hippie?
>>
File: look out piss.png (166 KB, 540x430) Image search: [Google]
look out piss.png
166 KB, 540x430
>>
Bitches like pop and hip hop and guys who can dance. Old news. Only a virgin would have wasted his time with this thread, lol
>>
>>64367973
Nope. She might have done some charity work with a slightly hippie side to it as she got older, though. Standard aging actress stuff.
>>
>>64367931
just let them know you're all about the pussy.
don't pretend to be interested in their personality.
if they're all about family life or/and moneys, they'll let you know. once they do, start walking backwards. slowly.
>>
>>64368027
It's not that simple. There are social factors, and women like looking down their nose at other women whenever they have the chance. In other words, there's room for non-top40 in their shallow, shallow souls.
>>
>>64367931
This is so stupid, I'm a girl and I'd like a bf with the same music tastes as me, but they're fucking impossible to find. I feel blessed when I meet someone who's even heard of any /mu/core album.
>>
>>64368107
s u b u r b s much? anyone in a city knows basic /mu/core. it's ridiculous the status you elevate these basic/simple albums to.
>>
>>64368107
same here desu
>>
>>64368149
that's not true, i live in london and i barely know anyone who listens to any /mu/core apart from kanye
>>
>>64368149
Ehh, I come from the suburbs of a capital city but it's filled with plens. Currently living in the heart of a much smaller city (though I personally don't think anything under 500k should be considered a city) and some people here actually listen to Jeff Mangum and the Neutral Milk Hotels.
>>
>>64368191
Ontario?
>>
>>64368191
london is filled with blacks and other uneducated folks. of course if you hang out eith "ethnic" people they won't know shit. anyone who grew up in a city without being part of a culture that hates academia, will know these albums.
>>
>>64368204
>Jeff Mangum
>challenging
do you even...
>>
>>64368234
actually as someone who comes from a city that is probably like 90% white, nobody there knows /mu/core either
>>
>>64368245
I don't find Mangum challenging at all, I think NMH is for pretentious teens who've just discovered that they're "too good" for mainstream indie rock. I'm really just telling you how normie the places I've lived are -- when NMH is an achievement, things are pretty bad.
>>
Pasta: Repastad

Women are simply more consultative beings than men are. For whatever reason, they are more timid about making bold statements and deviating from normalcy. They can't shop for clothes alone, they can't judge men alone, and they can't even urinate alone. They support each other through groupthink. Because of this, the average woman's musical taste is more bland and typical. They don't want to be "on the outside".
"But wait," you might say "not all girls listen to pop music exclusively." This is correct. Some women do indeed venture outside of society's musical comfort zone, but their reasons for doing so are rarely musically-motivated. These women are simply looking for a scene or subculture to wedge themselves into, using music as another fashion tool. It's all about image. How many "artsy" girls do you know who insist that their taste is "atypical", "unique", or "eclectic" who have an iPod full of the same girl-friendly, Pitchfork-approved artists like Radiohead, Sigur Ros, and the like? Quite a few, I'd wager. Women are generally considered to have bad taste because they lack any true interest in musical discovery.
Want further proof? How many girls do you know who are into Noise? Who are into Krautrock? Rock in Opposition? Classical avant-garde? Not many. This is because these styles of music, while unique, cutting-edge, and extremely rewarding, have no fashion culture built around them, and no cute boys who listen to and perform these types of music. Music is another article of clothing for women, and it makes basement-dwelling experts froth at the mouth whenever females claim otherwise.
>>
>>64368336
Hey there, it's >>64368107
I actually don't try to wedge myself into a scene, I literally only talk about my music tastes on this board unless asked (in which case yeah I'll admit I try to gauge what the other person thinks before describing my tastes in depth).
There's no fashion or prestige associated with the music I listen to, for me. I like privately relaxing with something interesting/challenging.
Just because you've never interested a girl sufficiently for her to answer "what music do you like" with anything more than "beyonce is so great teehee" doesn't mean they don't exist, don't use your own limited virgin experience to generalise half of the human population.
>>
>>64368107

That's because someone who religiously listens to /mu/core is probably a faggot or an underage faggot.

I don't care what my qt listens to, she's into bachata and other latino stuff; girls/people in general who care that much about a scene aren't worth it, considering they all grow out of it, that is unless their careers depended on it.
>>
>>64368418
If it makes you feel better, I also have an incredibly low opinion of the male population.
>>
>>64368027
Well said.
>>
File: 1204964130881.jpg (45 KB, 350x427) Image search: [Google]
1204964130881.jpg
45 KB, 350x427
>>64367931

>What musical tastes do women like to see in men?

-Similar.

/thread
>>
>>64368418
>listens to /mu/core
>describes it as challenging and interesting
>can't understand why someone would bash women's taste in music
you're a bit slow, aren't ya?
>>
File: 1402227989599.png (386 KB, 667x670) Image search: [Google]
1402227989599.png
386 KB, 667x670
>>64367931
>>64368027
>>64368080
>>64368082
>>64368234
>>64368336
>>
>>64368579
I only mentioned /mu/core to show how low the bar is, see >>64368281
Bit slow, aren't ya?
>>
>>64368418
same here, i rarely discuss my music taste outside of /mu/

but i guess i'm part of the supposedly small minority of girls who enjoy genres such as krautrock right? i think the real reason you don't see many women listening to these genres is because a lot of it is coming from a male perspective and it doesn't try to appeal to women. as a girl i've felt very isolated at magma concerts. it's probably more discouraged for women to enjoy music that is outside of the norm too

also don't pretend there isn't loads of males on this board who listen to the music they do for image purposes
>>
>>64368613
>is on an anonymous board
>expects other people to know which posts are hers
you're right. me making that comment was unacceptable.
>>
>>64368619
>also don't pretend there isn't loads of males on this board who listen to the music they do for image purposes
every DG fan, i'd imagine

>male perspective
you're wrong, my nigga. none of the grils i know can get into Meredith Monk or Newsom. men just have better taste.
>>
>>64367931
>Hey guys how to all women act and feel? Obviously they're all the same :^]
>I can't get a gf because I'm too nice :^[
>>
File: 1258559537557.jpg (19 KB, 151x180) Image search: [Google]
1258559537557.jpg
19 KB, 151x180
<---- My feels when this thread.

None of you shits are a day over 17, amirite?
>>
>>64368716
It should have been clear that I was mentioning /mu/core for that reason, literally never seen anyone use the term positively.
Nice reach though.

>>64368619
>males on this board who listen to the music they do for image purposes
I have encountered several guys who listen to AnCo, say, and act like they are amazing and deep for it. Also DG as another anon says.
>>
>>64368781
well i'm a huge joanna newsom fan and i've gotten various other girls into her music. when i've been too her gigs there's been many women there too, the same amount if not more than men
>>
Any guys on this board who constantly brag about superiority in music tastes are just as bad as the poser girls you're criticizing. And for fuck's sake, stop linking every moderately well-known artist to poser/patrician/contrarian bullshit you annoying hipster faggots.
>>
>>64369097
are y'all /lit/fags though?

>when i've been too her gigs
she does gigs?
>>
>>64368789
Do I sound nice?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.