[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What albums do you listen to when you want to smash the state?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: graffiti-all-cops-are-bastards.jpg (33 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
graffiti-all-cops-are-bastards.jpg
33 KB, 640x512
What albums do you listen to when you want to smash the state?

I'm partial to any CRASS record
CRIME as Forgiven by Against Me!
Ramshackle Glory - Live the Dream
Wingnut Dishwashers Union - Burn the Earth, Leave it Behind
any album by Mischief Brew
>>
Ayn Rand only listened classical concert pieces, so that.
>>
Beyonce
>>
>>64366223
>>64366263
You guys are hilarious. i aint even mad
>>
>plans to smash the state
>ends up in a OWS demonstration being told what to do by a trans-whale
>>
>>64366192
you have to be eighteen (18) years old to post on this site
>>
>>64366611
>>64366635

Fuck me for trying to start a punk thread by being funny

eat my ass faggots
>>
>>64366690
>wants to smash the state
>comes back home smelling like pepper spray
>>
>>64366690
>trying to start a punk thread by being funny

see >>64366635 again
>>
Conflict (U.K.) Increase The Pressure
D.O.A.-Hardcore '81
Anti-Nowhere League-Let's Break the Law 45
MDC-Millions of Dead Cops

Now go out there and overthrow something, you wreckless teenage rebel, you! (But don't fuck it up too much, because when you turn 18, you WILL have to graduate high school with an exemplary GPA to get into the college of your choice to continue you psuedo-radical politically buffoonery before getting your college diploma and entering the real world to take over your daddy's company, but have fun in the mean time, and make sure all your juvenile offenses are minor misdemeanors. You DON'T want to give the courts any reason to unseal your juvenile record in your adult years. That kind of stuff can come back to bite you on the ass if you're not careful)
>>
>>64366721
>>64366757

Do you have a particular problem with anarchism that you can actually give with belittling me?
>>
>>64366802
oh no, all six of the anarchists in the world are way too scary, organized and deep thinking. I'm gonna sit here and watch you fight the big frightful state
>>
>>64366797
Is it fun being dead inside?
>>
>>64366874
is it fun pretending you're onto something when really all you do is listening to punk while drinking bad beer with hobos and their dogs (but not after 8pm, otherwise mom gets pissed and you don't want your pocket money to be cut out, do you?)
>>
>>64366192
This ACAB mentality is so cringeworthy, also worth noting that like 90% of people saying this are white teens who have likely never even encountered a bad police officer.
>>
>>64366863

>ridcules anarchists and anarchism
>doesn't know anything about modern anarcho politics and makes silly assumptions

No one in their right mind actually thinks the revolution is going to happen anymore. But not standing up to the state is cowardly and ethically questionable. I don't have to actually plan on smashing the state to hate the system and educate myself.
>>
>>64366918
I have been around good cops all my life. I still think the organization itself it evil. Every cop is complicit in the violence and racism that the state commits, regardless of an individual cop's personal morals.

It's not cops who are bad necessarily, but law enforcement in of itself is wrong because the law is wrong
>>
>>64366931
you're right, good chum! is wasting your time on 4chan the highlight of your superior education? gosh, I bet life is tough for such an intellectually advanced being as you, surrounded by nothing but sheeps
>>
>>64367010
Jesus christ, where the hell did that come from?!?! Don't straw-man me, you presumptuous fuck
>>
>>64367066
or else? you gonna call the cops on me for bullying?
>>
>>64367004
>It's not cops who are bad necessarily
So why claim "all cops are bastards" then?

There are cops out there who genuinely care about their communities and risk their lives every day trying to keep guns out of criminals hands and hard drugs off the streets. While we sit on our asses posting on 4chan they're out there actively trying to better our cities. Are all cops that good? Fuck no. But there are plenty who are and to scream "ALL COPS ARE BASTARDS" is incredibly ignorant.
>>
>>64366874
Go to bed, Bernie. I don't care how many memes there are of you proclaiming how much you think Crass are "Real" punk and that The Sex Pistols were a pre fab boy band, I'm still not registering to vote, and even if I did, I wouldn't vote for you. Get over it, dude!

>>63466915
This poster gets the concept of irony and sarcasm. Speaking of dogs, why do crusites always insist on bring their dogs to shows, even though the venue has a strict no pets policy, unless you can prove that your dog is a "Helper" animal? Geez, leave old Rover at home, will ya? You think old Fido want to be exposed to loud music, and get tripped over by a bunch of drunken puke smelling idiots all dressed in black?

>>64366918
As one of the 10% that actual had bad encounters with the police at a young age, I agree with your posting. Isn't it funny how, once these kids who scream about oppressive police, anarchy, and overthrowing the government actually get popped and serve time, all that political punk bull shit goes out the window once they get out of the joint. (Or if they get some girl pregnant)
>>
>>64366915
see >>64367130
>>
>>64367111
It's to prove a point. as mentioned, every cop is an arm of the state. so no matter how good they are as a person, they are still an active cog in an oppressive system. Institutionalized terror is way bigger than your personal morals. After a while it doesn't matter if you're a bastard or just share the uniform with them, you all start to look the same.
>>
>>64367236
>you all start to look the same

so do punks after some months living in the street
>>
File: 1460411615930.png (103 KB, 271x265) Image search: [Google]
1460411615930.png
103 KB, 271x265
>>64367298
kek
>>
>>64367111
Btw, I appreciate your civility so far. I like actual discussions.

When I was a kid the local cops cut me a break over breaking my nose a lot of the time, but they also frequently ragged on the black kids from down the street and treated them like absolute shit. So I see your point, but I've also seen first hand how wrong it can be. My brother-in-law is black and has got stopped walking home from the store 5 or so times just for "looking suspicious" You can't tell me that it isn't fucked up
>>
>>64367298
HA
6/10 made me smirk
>>
Rage Against the Machine - Evil Empire
Dead Kennedys - Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables
Refused - The Shape of Punk to Come

I only became a filthy leftie recently so that's what I'll blame my shit taste on, though to be fair most leftist music is pretty bad at least the punk stuff, music for the sake of having a message is bad.
>>
>>64367366
all great albums. I'd recommend most of what I listen in the op. It's fairly political music, but it's also really personal music. I can't recomment the song From Here til Utopia by Ramshackle Glory enough.
>>
>>64366931
Maybe I'll never change the system, but I take great satisfaction in knowing that the system didn't change me, either.

>>64367004
>>64367111(Nice trips)
I learned that one of the most effective ways to change the system is to relate to people on a one on one basis, and, yes that DOES include the cops, weather you want to acknowledge that or not.

I've been roughed up by the cops in the past, and have dealt with the wrong end of a night stick, but, I've also met cops who were rather sympathetic and empathetic to what people and bands in the punk community were talking about. I've known cops who were disgusted over the so called "Blue Wall of Silence" and have met cops who wanted to see pot legal and thought the drug war was a waste of time, police man power, and tax payer's money. I even knew one cop that was actually in TWO local punk bands, and it might serve people well to remember that even the band White Flag had a cop in it for a while.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGy6yvV7cwo
>>
>>64367236
That's the same mentality that certain cops use to justify harassing people in the punk community. Better watch yourself, lest you become what you claim to fight against.
>>
>>64367539
I try my very best to avoid that. It's why I have conversations like this. I need a good slap to the face every once in a while to make sure I'm not sounding like a fascist.
>>
>>64367539
You simply cannot compare a government controlled body to individuals, they're completely different no matter how similar you think it sounds to facist speech
>>
>>64367876
An excellent point, friend.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.