[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rate my taste /mu/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: me.jpg (1 MB, 985x950) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
1 MB, 985x950
Rate my taste /mu/
>>
Hi dad
>>
crackpipe/10
>>
>>64362553
Hi son, how's your mother?
>>
>>64362539
>going out of your way to make this bait chart
>>
Why don't pictures load in Topster
>>
>>64362566
More like Flopster
>>
File: 1309227226897.jpg (56 KB, 316x238) Image search: [Google]
1309227226897.jpg
56 KB, 316x238
>those few pseudo-patrician albums to seem credible

When will they learn?
>>
File: 1460547794030.jpg (70 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
1460547794030.jpg
70 KB, 700x467
>>64362539
>both OK computer and Dark Side in the top 4
>>
File: topstersisthebest.png (50 KB, 1822x938) Image search: [Google]
topstersisthebest.png
50 KB, 1822x938
>>64362566
>>64362572
Is there any alternative to topster [spoiler]that doesn't involve using paint/photoshop[/spoiler]
>>
>>64362539
why the weeaboo shit?
>>
>>64362893
obvious b8 post and/or poseur
>>
>>64362931
all the jap albums that were recommended on this board to me to me were absolute trash (apart from Boris perhaps), so it makes me believe that they are being listened to by weeaboos who force themselves into liking them, just so they can keep in contact with more of 'japanese culture' (kek)
>>
>>64362539
Hello rateyourmuic!
>>
>>64362539
I like how the first four albums are alternating between Redditcore and RYMcore
>>
Your taste is ok. Sort of basic, but not garbage. The only album on that list that I really dislike is Master of Puppets
>>
>>64362539
i dont like good morning good night or while you were out either but you really went out of your way to make this chart, anything you want to talk about?
>>
>>64362539
Are you new?
>>
>>64362539
haha I get it op!

it's supposed to be critically acclaimed entry level albums mixed in with the other extreme, obscure avant-garde albums often referred to as "poseur-core"

good one!
>>
all good records anon
good job man
>>
>>64362539
very, very entry-level, but some super promising stuff

> Leonard Cohen
very good choice. Possibly the greatest songwriter in rock music history.
Now try Serge Gainsbourg

> Tom Waits
nice - try Howlin' Wolf and Django Reinhardt

> Elliott Smith
very good

> Marvin Gaye
one of the greatest albums ever made. I'm more into the jazz side of that era, and if that holds any interest for you try Charles Mingus' Let My Children Hear Music and Ornette Coleman's The Shape of Jazz to Come

> Television
very nice - check out DNA, Richard Hell & The Voidoids, Jim Carroll, Patti Smith, Mars, James Chance & The Contortions, and Mink DeVille from that New York scene.

> Arcade Fire
great album, but gets a lot of shit for being the entry point for baroque pop. Regardless, make sure to spend some time on the classics of that genre, like The Beach Boys, The Zombies, and Love

> Nirvana
check out the dirty side of punk that spawned that - Mudhoney, Wipers, New Bomb Turks, etc.

> Wu Tang Clan, Nas
I'm a pleb myself with hip hop, but obvious recs are A Tribe Called Quest and Aesop Rock

also gonna rec Brian Eno, New York Dolls, Lead Belly, and the Redskins based off some other stuff
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.