[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I thought I would try something a bit different here. ITT post
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8
File: Life-Changing[1].jpg (49 KB, 648x231) Image search: [Google]
Life-Changing[1].jpg
49 KB, 648x231
I thought I would try something a bit different here.

ITT post albums that may not be universally loved, but if you do they hit hard. Records which would garner a disproportionate number of 5*s compared to the average rating.

It would also be nice if you could post a sentence or two about why it gets you or anything else you want to say.

I'm at work but I'll post a few throughout the day.
>>
File: bythethroat[1].jpg (691 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
bythethroat[1].jpg
691 KB, 900x900
Eyedea & Abilties - By The Throat

I see this album mentioned here from time to time and a lot of the people who love it talk a lot about this being recorded not long before Eyedea's heroin fuelled death but desu I'm more content over context here and it's just so raw, so vital, so pithy and the abrasive catchy sound is punctuated with lines that will stay with me forever.
>>
File: 96864cf2[1].jpg (24 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
96864cf2[1].jpg
24 KB, 500x500
TWIAB - Whenver, If Ever

Definitely midwest emo, but definitely completely different from anything to have come out of the scene before.

"I know a few chords that could make you miss me"
>>
File: a3095237175_16.jpg (141 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
a3095237175_16.jpg
141 KB, 700x700
troum & yen pox - mnemonic induction

a heavy, all encompasing drone/dark ambient album, like being submerged into realms of subterranean depths of hell, while avoiding all the muh spooky screaming cliches you would imagine
if you want to get lost in and explore a whole new world, then turn this one up loud
>>
Sounds like a nice idea for a thread

I don't usually care about love songs but here I'll make an exception and I think Taylor's done something that no one else could (for me). I don't know if that's a testament to her or a reflection of how poor my taste is. Legitimately makes me feel like shit at times; from a bad-breakup like 'All Too Well' to getting screwed over by the music industry in 'The Lucky One', to the bittersweet ending, I actually empathize with the story being told, something I rarely find with music.
>>
>>64364357
OP here
Weird dude. I could totally have posted the same thing about 1989 in this thread. Totally out of keeping with my other taste but has had such a huge impact on me, beyond music.

Haven't listened too much to Red though.
>>
>>64364949
Well you should, because it's fantastic.

But it's always good to see anothet Tayfag on here.
>>
>>64365191
Christ I'm not a Tayfag what a disgusting term.
>>
File: f738b519[1].jpg (106 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
f738b519[1].jpg
106 KB, 630x630
I know this gets a lot of flack, but I loved it when it came out and I love it today. Father Time is in my opinion one of AnCo's best songs of all time, the chorus speaks so strongly to me and the "Or when your imagination shows you what only time is supposed to tell you" verse has made me tear up more than once.

Fuck Monkey Riches though
>>
File: 81J7coHyJ7L._SL1417_[1].jpg (263 KB, 1417x1417) Image search: [Google]
81J7coHyJ7L._SL1417_[1].jpg
263 KB, 1417x1417
>>64365456
This is a level above anything else they've ever put out.
>>
>>64365601
I don't think that's a fair comparison since they changed their focus dramatically after spirit, but I'm kinda sad that they'll probably never try something similar.
>>
File: mouse2_grande.jpg (46 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
mouse2_grande.jpg
46 KB, 500x500
It's probably just nostalgia talking, but this album just hits me. So many of the tracks land so close to home, I feel I could have written them myself. Growing up poor in the Midwest, watching the town and people I knew move on, the constant self-doubt.

Too bad they became bullshit.
>>
>>64365624
I agree that it's a totally different approach to everything after but it's so much more raw and that really connects with me. I like a lot of their other stuff, but this is the only record that has multiple moments that I love.
>>
>>64366028
Good choice man. I don't really agree that they became that bad though. Maybe poppier and less harsh sounds and lyrics but the later stuff is still okay. Obviously their best work is in LCW and some of the bootlegs and demos kicking about though.
>>
>>64365601
I listened to AC for the first time last night: merriweather post pavilion 96/24 and it was a lot of stuff, what now?
>>
>>64366136
I'm not a good person to ask since I'm not really a fan. I just love Spirit They've Gone Spirit They've Vanished but as discussed above it's almost like a different band.
>>
>>64366136
Strawberry Jam, Painting With, Sung Tongs
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.