[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me /mu/, is there a point to all of this? Why do many of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: Antonioni.jpg (84 KB, 978x653) Image search: [Google]
Antonioni.jpg
84 KB, 978x653
Tell me /mu/, is there a point to all of this? Why do many of you insist on listening to the musical equivalent of trash eaten by a degenerate then shit out and eaten again? Can you explain to me why you listen to bad music like Animal Collective or Death Grips rather than superior music like J.S. Bach or Brian Eno? I should remind you that listening to My Girls by Animal Collective is basically the same thing as masturbating to Edvard Munch's The Scream. Why do you do this? Don't you want to be intelligent? You baffle me, /mu/. You really do.

I say you should all at least attempt to start listening to good music. For starters, I would recommend checking out J.S. Bach's Art of Fugue to understand why a lot of /mu/core is considered bad by people with an IQ above 40. If you don't want to do that then fine. It's your choice to be an idiot.

Trust me /mu/. You'll appreciate what I'm saying when you become patricians. Anti-intellectuals are not tolerated in the workplace unless your job is the McDonalds cashier. So follow my instructions if you wish to succeed. If you don't wish to succeed, then fine, it's your funeral. I hope you make the right choice.
>>
I've listened to the Art of Fugue and I don't find it particularly interesting to listen to, similarly with most stuff of art music that I've listened to, maybe because I don't listen to music for intellectual stimulation, I don't know. That being said, I don't like AnCo or Death Grips.

I do like Eno though. I don't know why you consider him somehow above a lot of other stuff though. He made his fair share of pop music. It's good pop music though. It's just weird for me seeing someone espousing the superiority of art music to list Brian Eno as something good.
>>
File: superstar and star in.png (349 KB, 548x474) Image search: [Google]
superstar and star in.png
349 KB, 548x474
NO MORE SORROW

NO MORE PAIN INSIDE OF ME
>>
>>64361618
>maybe because I don't listen to music for intellectual stimulation
Intellectual stimulation is one of the many things you should look for in music though. I hope you find a way to enjoy the intellectually stimulating music of J.S. Bach someday though.
>It's just weird for me seeing someone espousing the superiority of art music to list Brian Eno as something good
Brian Eno is art music. Haven't you heard of art pop? But okay, since you like Brian Eno you have some intelligence and that's good.
>>64361626
Is this really necessary?
>>
Art of Fugue is mechanical, meandering, soulless, linear wank. Its status as untouchable is LITERALLY a meme. It's a mathematical exercise, but not even an interesting one. In fact, The Art of Fugue was intended to be read and studied rather than performed, to demonstrate some of the more arcane things you can do with the idea of a fugue. There is not a single memorably memory or moment. It does not go anywhere. It's a simple mathematical exercise. Mechanical music. Please let the meme die.
>>
>>64361726
>this entire post
ouch
>>
>>64361726
>this post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJe1iUuAW4M
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26u2mTg9Hcc
>>
>>64361876
>>
>>64361900
feel free to share your thoughts on it!!!
>>
>>64361900
hello telephone engineer

do you like proge
>>
>>64361915
>>
did you forget to take your meds today
>>
>>64361934
Of course.
>>64361951
I don't need meds.
>>
>>64361956
>I don't need meds.
That's what they all say.
>>
>>64361982
>That's what they all say.
They being intellectuals accused of needing meds? Then yes, they all say that.
>>
>>64361956
You do, you bipolar mongoloid
You feel a tad insecure and instead to slice your wrists and cry alone in your room you put on a funny trip to troll a lot in le mu
I shouldn't poke fun of a retard but I will
Let's start by showing everyone your rym profile:
https://rateyourmusic.com/~TEthearbiter
Wow this sure screams intellectual
Tell me, dum dum, what's some nice journals you've been reading lately?
>>
File: Aldean-Album.jpg (356 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
Aldean-Album.jpg
356 KB, 630x630
>>
>>64361577
>rather than superior music like J.S. Bach or Brian Eno?
>J.S. Bach or Brian Eno
>superior music
You could have posted truly superior music.
>>
>>64362018
since you've brought in my RYM profile which is not meant for fucking around in anyway (except for the time when I rated Magenta Circuit a 5), might as well go back to my normal self
>Tell me, dum dum, what's some nice journals you've been reading lately?
ew what do you think I am some kind of nerd?
>>
>>64362050
hello

it seems you've only started tripping recently

enjoy the trip life, pal
>>
>>64362057
Sorry I exaggerated there
I get overly mad when people in this board try to talk like that
Because no one here know enough about music to be a snob
And I like to point that out when I can
>>
>>64362079
Thanks.
>>
>>64362084
it's okay

I was only bored desu
>>64362122
np
>>
File: Ralf.jpg (47 KB, 494x494) Image search: [Google]
Ralf.jpg
47 KB, 494x494
>>64362142
I'll play along next time
>>
File: -0-09.jpg (372 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
-0-09.jpg
372 KB, 960x1280
>>
>>64362195
I never know if there'll be a next time with TE since I rarely post with the name desu
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.