[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Frank Ocean is an arrogant, talentless little prick. You
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: Don-Henley.jpg (84 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
Don-Henley.jpg
84 KB, 630x420
"Frank Ocean is an arrogant, talentless little prick. You can't just rewrite other people's songs and put them on the Internet. It's a sad thing. Some of these young kids have grown up in a world that doesn't understand or respect copyright material or intellectual property. They look at songs as interactive playthings."
>>
>>64360496
copyright material and intellectual property are both spooks
>>
He doesn't understand that the Internet is stronger than him or his music, people will do as they please and he will rot into further (artistic) irrelevance. I realize people still eat his shit up like hot cakes.
>>
>>64360496
>You can't just rewrite other people's songs and put them on the Internet
apparently you can, donald.
>>
>>64360496
Moar like life in the fat lane lmbo
>>
I would hardly call The Eagles "intellectual property."
>>
>>64360618
this lmao
>>
>Don Henley crying for a lawsuit over a free mixtape

What else is new?
>>
frank sucks but not for that reason
>>
>>64360688

Jesus anon I spit out my drink
>>
>>64360688
Well, what's the reason?
>>
post the david crosby tweets
>>
File: dso.jpg (84 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
dso.jpg
84 KB, 800x450
>>64360496
>>
>>64360688
Well, he does suck, but his bedroom activities are irrelevant to this conversation.
>>
>>64360496
I'd say maybe 3/10 people you asked on the street across the country would know who don is at this point
>>
>>64360704
come on

sucks...get it?
>>
>>64360496
>"the world is changing and it scares me"
>>
>>64360496

James Hetfield sure has aged poorly.
>>
>>64360725
He's a pretty big name among country fans especially because the Eagles were one of the major influences on modern country.
>>
>>64360496
the eagles fucking suck and frank ocean is a more talented than don could ever hope to be.

frank is also hotter
>>
>>64360751
please, just leave and don't embarrass yourself any further
>>
File: DHenley1975boat.jpg (31 KB, 320x480) Image search: [Google]
DHenley1975boat.jpg
31 KB, 320x480
>>64360774
>frank is also hotter

>implying Don in the 70s wasn't pure sex
>>
This faggot Frank should go kill himself. How dare he could steal Henley's music and use it for his own gain? What an idiot.
>>
>>64360496
>They look at songs as interactive playthings."
Literally what's wrong with thinking that?
>>
If Don fully understood that Frank sang over Hotel California because he was trying to show his vocal/melody talent to get label attention (on a free mixtape) then maybe he'd go easier on Frank

But I don't think he does so I can see why he'd feel mad

also Fuck Don Henley anyway for the way he and Glenn treated Don Felder
>>
>>64360714
David Crosby's hate list:

>hip-hop
>punk rock
>Phish
>The Doors
>Yes's covers of his songs
>Mike Love
>Terry Melcher
>>
The Eagles had exactly one good song ever (Life In The Fast Lane) mostly thanks to Joe Walsh.
>>
Don Henley has a college education; he's not an uneducated yokel. You think the guy would be a little more knowledgeable about copyright laws.
>>
As far as I know, 90% of Eagles fans are 50 year old rednecks who drive an F150.
>>
File: Xgau Don Henley.png (138 KB, 1572x655) Image search: [Google]
Xgau Don Henley.png
138 KB, 1572x655
>>
>>64361584

one of these nights is pretty tight tbqhwy senpai
>>
>>64362188
I was listening to The End of the Innocence out of curiosity and I found that the B-sides are much better than the singles which are just bland elevator music you listen to while shopping at Macy's.
>>
>>64362281
will have to check that out
>>
>>64362281
Fair bit of dated 1989 production tricks on there like the snare reverb drums.
>>
Dirt For Dollars is pretty good desu.
>>
lyl
>>
File: Don Henley - Cass County (2015).jpg (103 KB, 1035x1035) Image search: [Google]
Don Henley - Cass County (2015).jpg
103 KB, 1035x1035
>>64360544
>I realize people still eat his shit up like hot cakes

Sure is at that.
>>
looking at songs as interactive playthings sounds like a much more mature attitude than "muh intellectual property".

he also clearly has no idea what he is even talking about, re-writing other peoples songs has been common practice since the dawn of popular music.
>>
>>64364240
scratch that, it has probably been common practice since the dawn of music period.
>>
Frank Ocean didn't rewrite it though, he just sampled the entire Hotel California.
>>
>>64361566
And now I know why Christgau doesn't like CSNY.
>>
>>64364301
which just seems to support the claim that he has no idea what he is even talking about. what a petty ill-conceived rant.
>>
>>64360514
t. Der Eindzigde :-D
>>
>>64360496
>You can't just rewrite other people's songs and put them on the Internet.
If it's free (which it is) and he's not making any profit from it (which he's not), he can.
>>
Don Henley is a dude who considers his music to be like his children. Call it autism, but that's how he is which leads him to rants like "It can take years to develop an album only to have people just download and steal it right out from under you."
>>
>>64360496
>intellectual property
any creation of human intellect belongs to the humanity
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.